I can hear the talk now. If Jan 30th is the date to announce BB10 how long is it going to take to get these phones in our hands, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say RIM has learned from past mistakes. I believe that a BB10 phone will be in my hands by Monday February the 4th. No later than!
    Very exciting! The 10 is upon us.
    11-12-12 06:37 AM
    wooooo... cannot wait! nice also cos my upgrade is at the end of feb... si i dont have to wait as long as i thought i would!

but does this mean we wont see more previews or leaks until this event? lool
    11-12-12 06:42 AM
    I would think that there would be a pretty standard two week wait from announcement to launch.

But it does show that those rumours of a March launch were not true!
    11-12-12 06:48 AM
    There were plenty of interviews that said the wait time was really only 2 months. From Q4-Q1 January 30th sounds perfectly on point. This last delay was greatly exaggerated by the media. Via la revoluucion #BlackBerry10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-12-12 07:01 AM
    I would think that there would be a pretty standard two week wait from announcement to launch.

But it does show that those rumours of a March launch were not true!
    I agree, I think it'll be about two weeks til launch. Now, who wants to be my valentine???
    kbz1960, TgeekB, Toodeurep and 1 others like this.
    11-12-12 07:07 AM
    I can hear the talk now. If Jan 30th is the date to announce BB10 how long is it going to take to get these phones in our hands, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say RIM has learned from past mistakes. I believe that a BB10 phone will be in my hands by Monday February the 4th. No later than!
    I'm with you on this, im thinking the first monday after the announcement, or maybe sooner, the first friday after the announcement! maybe thats just wishful thinking though
    11-12-12 07:12 AM
    My upgrade is in March which is perfect. Work out any kinks at launch and then I jump in.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-12-12 07:50 AM
    If they really want to shake their old reputation, they should make them available the same day as the launch announcement. End by saying "And one more thing - you can buy these phones now".
    richardat and mu4e like this.
    11-12-12 07:51 AM
    Personally, I doubt Feb 4, but I'd be really surprised if it stretched into March.
    howarmat likes this.
    11-12-12 07:54 AM
    Get ready to pop the corks. No more delays. It's coming.
    11-12-12 08:03 AM
    If they really want to shake their old reputation, they should make them available the same day as the launch announcement. End by saying "And one more thing - you can buy these phones now".
    In a perfect world...
    11-12-12 08:21 AM
    Hope it would be on the same day like that Motorola event... "phone will be available at 8:00 PM!" that would totally make my birthday (my bday is on Jan 30)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.714 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-12-12 08:29 AM
    I cannot wait! Sucks my upgrade isn't until Oct...BUT excited none the less

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-12-12 08:31 AM
    Remember, unlike Apple, RIM doesn't sell its phones directly to the public. Availability is going to depend on carriers.
    11-12-12 08:33 AM
    I cannot wait! Sucks my upgrade isn't until Oct...BUT excited none the less

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    My upgrade has been up for months and i'm plodding along with my 9650...Jan 30th cant get here fast enough for me !!!!
    mithrazor and bb624 like this.
    11-12-12 08:36 AM
    While I will be picking up an 8X by HTC this week, I'll definitely be tuning in to see what RIM has to offer when they do their big unveiling. It's been a long time since I've had a BlackBerry, but I was impressed by what they were able to do with the PlayBook even when it first launched. From what I've seen of the OS so far, it looks like it could be a solid competitor. Guess it won't be too long to find out all the details.
    11-12-12 08:39 AM
    Remember, unlike Apple, RIM doesn't sell its phones directly to the public. Availability is going to depend on carriers.
    Party pooper! :P
    Toodeurep likes this.
    11-12-12 08:54 AM
    This is great news! I predict BB10 will be available within a couple weeks of the announcement on January 30th.
    11-12-12 09:44 AM
    with all this BB10 talk i now know what a woman experiences during sex, multiple orgasming would be awesome :P
    11-12-12 09:53 AM
    with all this BB10 talk i now know what a woman experiences during sex, multiple orgasming would be awesome :P
    Double you
    Tea
    Eff

11-12-12 09:56 AM
    What I gather from this article, BBC News - Blackberry 10 to be launched in January, RIM announces, it is only the announcement of the phone. In the article, the quote below"

Code:
    RIM has not said when the smartphones, which have been set back by multiple delays, will be available to buy.
    I'm hoping it is soon after the announcement.

Then there is this article, New BlackBerry to Launch in January - WSJ.com, that states it is launching worldwide on Jan 30
    11-12-12 10:09 AM
    we know its only an announcement event and an unveiling, i doubt RIM will make the same mistakes they have done in the past and take a page out of Google/Motorollas booke as well as Apple and release when excitment is high not a month later
    11-12-12 10:15 AM
    Does RIM start some teaser ads in December to get people who are thinking of purchasing a phone for the Christmas season maybe stall their purchase to see what is coming with BB?

Or when does one start to see these?
    11-12-12 10:28 AM
    11-12-12 12:06 PM
    With the superbowl on Jan 3, a special superbowl add and a launch the very next day would be sweeeeet!
    11-13-12 12:37 AM
30 12