When will this flickering screen be fixed? Ive had the phone since october and no update to fix? What a joke
    07-09-15 09:23 PM
    Unlucky you. Most of us have it fixed by the updates.

Passport, SQW 100-1, 10.3.2.440
    07-09-15 09:24 PM
    plenty of update to fix the issue.
    07-09-15 09:40 PM
    Mine is fixed thru an update.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 10:03 PM
    Update your OS this has been fixed a long time ago. Were you expecting a blackberry representative to come to your door and fix it lol

Posted via International Passport
    Madhuchandran likes this.
    07-09-15 11:10 PM
    This is old stuff. What OS version are you on?
    07-09-15 11:48 PM
    Maybe you're blinking too much

Via Passport 
    07-10-15 12:09 AM
    OS update fixed mine too.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 12:11 AM
    What a ridiculous title and comment!! I've had my Passport almost as long, and never had flickering screen, I don't find it to be a joke as you put it all.
    07-10-15 12:23 AM
    When will this flickering screen be fixed? Ive had the phone since october and no update to fix? What a joke
    You've been here for so long and can't apply or look up how to apply an update via Sachesi...?

Very lovingly: C'mon mate... :-))))

�   www. CrackDroidChentral .com --- (BB10 NOT dead!)   �
    der_mit likes this.
    07-10-15 01:12 AM
    Im on whatever the official OS is. Im past doing leaks and workarounds.
    edwinsberry and Madhuchandran like this.
    07-10-15 05:24 AM
    Im on whatever the official OS is. Im past doing leaks and workarounds.
    Then looks like you are going to continue experiencing the flickering screen.

No reason for you to waste peoples time by posting about old issues that have been resolved already.
    habs_fan and John Villareal like this.
    07-10-15 08:00 AM
    Some people like to complain just to hear themselves

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:43 AM
    Your post was avoidable as you confessedly treat it as a Joke!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-15 08:43 AM
    Never had this issue. Maybe a clean OS Reload is in order, using BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 08:06 PM
    Should have waited for the Hybrid?
    07-11-15 08:23 PM
    Should have waited for the Hybrid?
    Lmao

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-11-15 09:01 PM
    Have you performed a fresh OS install? Try installing a different OS than the one you have now.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 02:43 AM
    An experienced, committed CrackBerrian would not experience nor complain (either/or even) about an issue that could be reasonably resolved with an OS reload or a few clicks in Sachesi...

Let's rest this issue.

God bless, and no offense.
    Hope your carrier pumps or dumps it out soon... :-)

IndianTiwari likes this.
    07-12-15 07:43 AM
    Interesting series of posts. It's not ok to bring up an issue that may affect a lot of BB users that for whatever reason do not install leaks? A flickering screen is one of those quality issues that the average user would really not like. Bad PR.

Out of curiosity, are fleet or government users allowed to install such unofficial versions?

Having said that, the lousy way carriers here handle updates makes me RAGE.
    07-12-15 09:14 AM
    I had it when I got the update. All i did was restart my phone and it was fixed

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 10:34 AM
    An experienced, committed CrackBerrian would not experience nor complain (either/or even) about an issue that could be reasonably resolved with an OS reload or a few clicks in Sachesi...

Let's rest this issue.

God bless, and no offense.
    Hope your carrier pumps or dumps it out soon... :-)

Surprised to see a comment like this coming from such a respected member of CB.

Any 'fix' that requires someone to do an unofficial update via third party software is not a fix - at best it's a workaround, at worst it's a hack.

Users shouldn't be forced to this level of (ridiculous and potentially damaging) hassle to resolve an issue, no matter how experienced.

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz and Prem WatsApp like this.
    07-12-15 11:19 AM
    Surprised* to see a comment like this coming from such a respected member of CB.

Any 'fix' that requires someone to do an unofficial update via third party software is not a fix - at best it's a workaround, at worst it's a hack.

Users shouldn't be forced to this level of (ridiculous and potentially damaging) hassle to resolve an issue, no matter how experienced.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, agreed. Shouldn't.

See, I would not have given this piece of advice to an inexperienced or noobie member. It depends on the user, and I was weighing the arguments before posting. Bold_until_Hybrid has been here for years, and we can reasonably assume he's familiar with the matter.

:-)

We can blame the carriers, we can blame BlackBerry (who can't release without their consent, they're not Apple). But if we do, we're stuck with no practical solution of his (and others') problem at hand. Unpleasant situation.

My comment was posted with the good intention of helping him fix the annoying issue, and I intended to encourage him to resort to self-help in that case. Sure, we all wish it wasn't required.

I apologize if that didn't come across properly, or if I offended anyone (as stated in my original comment already, and I knew I might get this response). Hope we're all good again...

Cheers... :-D

(* edit: yes, I did step out of my usual mindset, comfort zone and CB persona, not to offend, but to help and give a nudge in the right direction, wasn't sure whether I should - I just felt his pain - love you guys! :-)
    edit2: thanks, 3Dee for being open and posting! )

�   "WatsApp with the Chendroid?" - "Goog question, lol..."   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 07-13-15 at 05:25 AM.
    07-13-15 05:12 AM
    With all due respect guys, I have had a slight flickering as well, mainly when opening a new/unread text message. This was not present when I bought the Passport, but has been there since the last 3 or 4 official updates. Even after clean install and upgrade of OS, still there. However, not bad enough to complain about. It usually goes away after a few seconds when I reply. Doesn't happen all the time either so not really a big issue, but still there nonetheless
    (edit) please don't jump down my throat for coming out and saying this, just wanted to add my 0.02c worth
     Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    07-13-15 05:26 AM
    With all due respect guys, I have had a slight flickering as well, mainly when opening a new/unread text message. This was not present when I bought the Passport, but has been there since the last 3 or 4 official updates. Even after clean install and upgrade of OS, still there. However, not bad enough to complain about. It usually goes away after a few seconds when I reply. Doesn't happen all the time either so not really a big issue, but still there nonetheless
    (edit) please don't jump down my throat for coming out and saying this, just wanted to add my 0.02c worth
     Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    I guess a bit of friendly stirring is an "Aussie thing to do"... ;-)

Interesting, do you believe it's a hardware or software problem (I mean, do you reckon your hardware is getting flaky) ...?

(no thread hijack attempt!)

�   "WatsApp with the Chendroid?" - "Goog question, lol..."   �
    07-13-15 05:40 AM
36 12