I disagree. If you like your Blackberry there is no more important thread than this. Take note. This is a Blackberry forum and this crap is real. This is not social media exactly and I choose to fight my own personal battles where it counts in the store.
    But you haven't given the store a chance to address it yet. You should have created this thread if they didn't resolve it to your satisfaction.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-22-14 11:30 PM
    Thank you. That is certainly true and is represented by those who choose to focus on the mental capacity of an elderly man. Blackberry haters apparently have no limits.
    Don't mind the few ignorant people on here who keep suggesting and focusing on that. They are clearly the ones who have that issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:32 PM
    I just think you gotta be there for family, no matter what.
    02-22-14 11:39 PM
    I do my research all the time. Unfortunately 95% of the smartphone shopping public will not. That's what I'm talking about.
    Anyone in this thread who does not believe there is a bias against BlackBerry with many sales reps (given the hundreds of experiences on CB) is clearly clueless.
    And sorry to break it to you, it's very rare to find one that's "worth a damn" but good luck with that.

Posted via CB10
    I am no fan of salesmen. And no I've never been one.

But if someone buys a phone and they aren't happy with it, there are return policies.

And I'm not entirely clear on what you're saying. Are you putting BlackBerry's troubles on salespeople?

I'd say that's the result of doing almost nothing right since 2008. If you assume that the "95% of the smartphone shopping public" have been buying iPhones, they seem to be pretty happy with them. Whether they were "bullied" into buying them or not is another question, but it hardly seems relevant here. Apple can point to industry-leading customer satisfaction and repeat buyers. Blackberry....well,.....can't.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-22-14 11:39 PM
    And in your magical little bubble, every salesperson is fully informed about every product they sell. Even if they have to go out and research it themselves. Well guess what? The sales reps of today don't care to do that. And because of that, the manufacturers need to provide a better training program than ever.
    I guess if he isn't informed then he should keep mouth shut and give the customer what they asked for. How about that rather then make some recommendation because he may fall in the 60% of iphone users who don't actually know why they buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:41 PM
    You disagreed with someone's personal experience....you and your supporters called into question the mental capacity of his father. what do you expect man?
    Look around this isn't isolated and happens daily, everywhere. That is what the OP was talking about. And it's common place in this city and I see it all the time as well. All of you are sitting there arguing it from wherever you live when you have no clue.

Posted via CB10
    Since you couldn't follow our posts, I'll clarify it for you. We said that if his father had a diminished mental capacity, then the son should have gone with him. But we didn't assume that. We assumed his father had normal mental capacity. The OP clarified his father has no mental disability. Therefore his father was mentally capable of making his own decisions and leaving the store with the phone he requested.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 11:43 PM
    I guess if he isn't informed then he should keep mouth shut and give the customer what they asked for. How about that rather then make some recommendation because he may fall in the 60% of iphone users who don't actually k of why they buy an iPhone.
    The reason why they buy an iPhone is because their friends and family have one and they like it for various reasons. Plain and simple.
    bbq10l likes this.
    02-22-14 11:43 PM
    Who are you talking to? Me? No idea what you mean. I have both a Q10 and an iphone 5- what's your point.

Posted via CB10
    Then why all the angst over people discussing this subject?
    02-22-14 11:44 PM
    As the warning has been ignored and the bickering has continued, this thread is now closed.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-22-14 11:44 PM
184 ... 678