I am sorry to say, but you did not listen to anybody here, me included, and you rushed off to sell your device on Ebay as "parts only"...and just recently, you said you regretted it and you would maybe buy another one for testing, and yet you are surprised based on g's alone....but you see, the issue here did not have anything to do with weight....
    Yes, what you're saying is true.
    01-16-20 02:59 PM
    No, it goes back to what the problem was and how they fixed it.
    Even though all the odds are against you, you never let go. I rest my case and I wish you a very good night. It is 23.01 in my part of the world.
    01-16-20 03:01 PM
    when it comes to comparing and ranking keyboards no one is ever going to agree. I've owned the passport Q10 classic priv bold 9700 Pearl Titan and even a Samsung Blackjack back in the day. guarantee if me and 12 other people who also owned all those phones ranked the keyboards all of our lists would look different.

and I'm one of very few people that absolutely loved the Pearl "SureType" keyboard and that was probably the fastest keyboard I could ever type on. and strictly one handed nonetheless
    shadowcalling likes this.
    01-16-20 03:06 PM
    when it comes to comparing and ranking keyboards no one is ever going to agree. I've owned the passport Q10 classic priv bold 9700 Pearl Titan and even a Samsung Blackjack back in the day. guarantee if me and 12 other people who also owned all those phones ranked the keyboards all of our lists would look different.

and I'm one of very few people that absolutely loved the Pearl "SureType" keyboard and that was probably the fastest keyboard I could ever type on. and strictly one handed nonetheless
    I'm just congratulating them for reducing the keypress rebound time, and thus fixing the keyboard for fast typers and I'm getting flak. Lol.
    3800 and Jaxxfunk like this.
    01-16-20 03:09 PM
    First off, I never compared the two keyboards. Who would ever do this really? And I didn't say anything about swipe up gestures now, did I? All we talked about was wpm...and there were many people that said they did not have any problem with typing, as you said. Now, if those posts are not miraculously deleted again, as it so happened on another thread, I kindly suggest you review this thread and tell me if I am wrong then.
    There’s isn’t any mystery to post deletions. Posts are only deleted whenever there’s a violation of R&G which has been explained multitude of times. If you include someone else’s post violation within your post “as in a reply” then your post is deleted since you’re reposting the violation as part of your reply. This isn’t rocket science as it's very basic concept.
    01-16-20 03:10 PM
    I'm just congratulating them for reducing the keypress rebound time, and thus fixing the keyboard for fast typers and I'm getting flak. Lol.
    If the Titan weighed 220-250g, would it have replaced your KEY2 when that one will stop receiving patches?
    01-16-20 03:13 PM
    If the Titan weighed 220-250g, would it have replaced your KEY2 when that one will stop receiving patches?
    I'm not overly optimistic about the future of patches for the Titan, so I'd have to wait and see.

I still think the thumb travel is too much for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the Passport for that reason.

I'm probably not the right person to ask, because I spend a lot of my day typing - far more than most I'm sure.
    01-16-20 03:16 PM
    There’s isn’t any mystery to post deletions. Posts are only deleted whenever there’s a violation of R&G which has been explained multitude of times. If you include someone else’s post violation within your post “as in a reply” then your post is deleted since you’re reposting the violation as part of your reply. This isn’t rocket science as it's very basic concept.
    Yes, and thank you for taking the time to explain this to me one more time. Key word here is "violation"...I am aware now of that R&B thingy, but it does not always comes handy with some recent incidents here. Anyway, I am off now and hope for a better day tomorrow. Cheers!
    01-16-20 03:20 PM
    I still think the thumb travel is too much for me. I wasn't a huge fan of the Passport for that reason
    That nails it. You can't have really used the SE then!
    01-16-20 03:22 PM
    Yes, and thank you for taking the time to explain this to me one more time. Key word here is "violation"...I am aware now of that R&B thingy, but it does not always comes handy with some recent incidents here. Anyway, I am off now and hope for a better day tomorrow. Cheers!
    Any supposed incidents here, either never happened or you’re recollection is wrong. But, you can always PM the moderators and I’m sure they’d be happy to explain things in specificity to your complete satisfaction. I am 100% certain of the explanation.
    01-16-20 03:25 PM
    Of course I did. It was my primary device the fall of 2015.

I actually got one of the first-batch, pre-order devices. Shipped out on August 11 from Digital River as a matter of fact, via FedEx. Want the shipping info?
    Last edited by conite; 01-16-20 at 03:48 PM.
    01-16-20 03:27 PM
    Of course I did. It was my primary device the fall of 2015.

I actually got one of the first-batch, pre-order devices. Shipped out on August 11 from Digital River as a matter of fact, via FedEx. Want the shipping info?
    While you're at it, can you please include the credit card # you used to make that purchase? Thanks.
    3800, nevilleadaniels and howarmat like this.
    01-16-20 05:00 PM
    While you're at it, can you please include the credit card # you used to make that purchase? Thanks.
    I'll just give you my cell phone number. Apparently everything I have can be derived from that, if I'm reading the BBMe threads correctly.
    01-16-20 05:06 PM
    How does that make any sense? The biggest myth on CrackBerry is that Passport, especially the SE, was the greatest success of BB10 devices.

All three Passport are essentially the same device in terms of dimensions, not exact, but not significant enough difference. The Q10 and Classic were far more successful relative to Passport in sales. This was due to carrier support. Other than AT&T in USA , the Passport wasn’t even offered except direct.
    01-16-20 05:48 PM
    How does that make any sense? The biggest myth on CrackBerry is that Passport, especially the SE, was the greatest success of BB10 devices.

All three Passport are essentially the same device in terms of dimensions, not exact, but not significant enough difference. The Q10 and Classic were far more successful relative to Passport in sales. This was due to carrier support. Other than AT&T in USA , the Passport wasn’t even offered except direct.
    Not saying you are wrong but I would just like to point out that there is a whole wide world out there...
    01-16-20 11:16 PM
    Not saying you are wrong but I would just like to point out that there is a whole wide world out there...
    AT&T had the only branded Passport the world over.

The vast majority of BB10 devices before it were carrier phones.
    01-16-20 11:28 PM
    AT&T had the only branded Passport the world over.

The vast majority of BB10 devices before it were carrier phones.
    The lack of carrier support in the USA is not the reason why the Passport had lower sales. The unusually wide body and three row keyboard was not very popular. The Passport was a phone that folks loved or hated. In other words, the Passport probably did not sell well in the other BlackBerry markets as well.
    Mecca EL and 3800 like this.
    01-17-20 12:02 AM
    Haha... Now you know why I almost NEVER cite WPM. Lol. My congrats for your courage to do so. Lol. Too frequently turns out poorly here at CB. A shame since such quantification is what's so needed in so many conversations. Along with share & compare of individually refined techniques... Like in the early days? Lol. I've been called names and even called a liar for such efforts. In recent years and even recent months! Go figure. Lol.

At least Titan designers implemented discrete input filtering. SOP in MY industry. Haven't personally tried a Titan, since I type fastest on smallest devices, but... Sounds like filtering parameters (time delay?) were originally released set excessively aggressive? MUCH better than suffering early BB10's "double type" malady, imo. Interesting to contrast Uniherz rapid response compared with the YEARS it took BB10 to finally subdue DT through discrete input filtering.

My thumb still hits a "filter wall" on latest os Classic and PP. Never tried latest os on Q. Always wished they'd provided a setting option permitting customization of input filtering. Maybe Unihertz might consider including such a customization setting?
    01-17-20 05:30 AM
    The lack of carrier support in the USA is not the reason why the Passport had lower sales. The unusually wide body and three row keyboard was not very popular. The Passport was a phone that folks loved or hated. In other words, the Passport probably did not sell well in the other BlackBerry markets as well.
    That was the point I was making. The fact that one carrier only ever carried the Passport was due to it’s oddness. Carriers only care that something will or won’t sell and there was almost zero faith in Passport sales demand.
    01-17-20 05:39 AM
    Nice try :-)
    01-17-20 06:21 AM
    Hehe... Don't forget security code and date! Lol.
    01-17-20 07:13 AM
    That was the point I was making. The fact that one carrier only ever carried the Passport was due to it’s oddness. Carriers only care that something will or won’t sell and there was almost zero faith in Passport sales demand.
    Never heard if PP truly outsold Classic but BB10 itself proved an unmitigated sea of red. Based on specs alone, PP was, in fact, BB10's flagship navigating that "red sea". BB never successfully "parted" those waters, tho. Lol. After Storm and QZ "firesales" can't blame VZW et al for lack of faith. In "experiments", at least. Lol.
    01-17-20 07:32 AM
    No doubt there would have been more demand in the US with carrier support but again I would point out that in Canada the Passport did gave carrier support and sales were not good either.

Carrier support in the USA would not have significantly helped world wide sales as the demand was lacking .
    01-17-20 08:40 AM
    No doubt there would have been more demand in the US with carrier support but again I would point out that in Canada the Passport did gave carrier support and sales were not good either.

Carrier support in the USA would not have significantly helped world wide sales as the demand was lacking .
    I think this is all red herring stuff. BlackBerry committed to x number of SoCs in 2013, and had no intention of building any more Passports than they had to.
    01-17-20 09:13 AM

I think I can remember we discussed this previously, but basically, not all versions are exactly the same, and the significant enough difference is that both the SE and the AT&T versions have a larger "chin" under the keyboard, thus making them a lot easier to type on (more quickly too!).
    01-17-20 09:57 AM
323 ... 89101112 ...