I did that with v3 and I got an error 503 invalid COD when I tried to run the Jad
    You have to copy the whole unzipped folder over to your SD card, then just click on the .jad file to install.
    12-17-12 11:14 AM
    You have to copy the whole unzipped folder over to your SD card, then just click on the .jad file to install.
    I did! Still 503

Feeding my CrackBerry Craving with the CrackBerry Forums App
    12-17-12 11:25 AM
    Kelvin, you da man, thank you for solving this for us :-)
    12-17-12 01:30 PM
    Okay I'm obviously not tech competent here but after I deleted the non-functioning Gmaps and downloaded from the link Kelvin provided I cannot get any further because when I try to run the program I can't and am told "Unable to display file." Did I save it to the wrong place, or do I need to download something else to get this to work? Sorry again for my ignorance.
    12-17-12 10:12 PM
    thks。great job!!
    12-17-12 10:51 PM
    Okay I'm obviously not tech competent here but after I deleted the non-functioning Gmaps and downloaded from the link Kelvin provided I cannot get any further because when I try to run the program I can't and am told "Unable to display file." Did I save it to the wrong place, or do I need to download something else to get this to work? Sorry again for my ignorance.
    It's a zipped file. You need to download it on your PC, unzip it with WinRar, then copy the whole folder over to your SD card.

From there, open the folder on your phone and click on the .jad file to install.
    12-17-12 11:08 PM
    Thank you for this!!

Is there anyway to get the Google Voice app?
    12-18-12 10:27 AM
    Hi
    I have the same problem with google maps and tried downloading version 3 several times, but it says 'item cannot be displayed, do you wish to save'. Google maps worked fine before on my phone for the last year and a half.
    Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks
    Deidre
    12-18-12 02:21 PM
    Can I just install the .cods/.jad using bbsak? I dont like the whole idea of putting them on my sd card.
    12-19-12 09:27 PM
    I likewise couldn't get the .cods/.jad's mentioned in this thread to work. However I tried installing v4.5.3 from Google's mobile website again this morning (Thursday) using my Torch 9810 (running v7.1.0.714 if it makes any difference) and the install worked fine: T&Cs popped up, I was able to click "accept" and everything was fine.

So the good news is it seems someone on the Google side may have fixed something.

Here's the OTA link (going to Google Mobile on your phone, then clicking on the "Google maps" link should take you to this anyway):

http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
    Rickster1 and bbobruns like this.
    12-20-12 07:46 AM
    I likewise couldn't get the .cods/.jad's mentioned in this thread to work. However I tried installing v4.5.3 from Google's mobile website again this morning (Thursday) using my Torch 9810 (running v7.1.0.714 if it makes any difference) and the install worked fine: T&Cs popped up, I was able to click "accept" and everything was fine.

So the good news is it seems someone on the Google side may have fixed something.

Here's the OTA link (going to Google Mobile on your phone, then clicking on the "Google maps" link should take you to this anyway):

http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
    Thanks. Ends the frustrations.
    12-20-12 10:12 AM
    Hey thanks!! Didn't have google maps so went to the link you posted and typed it in my wifes phone. downloaded and installed no problem...works great!!!!
    12-21-12 11:46 PM
    Thank you very much. Works like a charm.

I am sending you a virtual Christmas drink "dark rum and eggnog".

Thanks again. Merry Christmas.
    12-22-12 09:40 AM
    Has anyone been able to download a working Google Mobile App or the Google Search App lately? The Google Search app on my blackberry (9930) stopped working recently, so I deleted it, and tried to download it again. Then I got the "your device does not meet the system requirements" message. My Google Maps app actually still works fine, so I didn't delete it.

Has Google disabled downloads for the Google Mobile App? Is there anywhere else to download it from?

thx
    12-26-12 12:17 PM
    Finally i've founded way to get my Google Map back to work.

Simply use the Google Map version 3 and you can forget about the stupid "Terms & Conditions" step.

Cheers

Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip

[Update] Even better news: after first successful run of v3 you can update to v4.5.3 and it'll get back to work normally .

OTA link: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/BlackBerry-47/GoogleMaps.jad
    04-05-13 07:36 AM
    I am an American in the Caribbean and this post has made a huge difference for me and my BB9790. BBMaps shows my correct location coordinates, but with no map, so just a dot on a blank screen. Google Maps gives me access to all my waypoint and KMZ I take the time to post to Google Earth. There are no official GPS maps of the Caribbean, but thanks to RW my Garmin actually shows something other than a field of blue - GPS Maps
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    04-05-13 02:02 PM
    THANX SO MUCH KELVIN...YOU ROCK! After 2 days of struggling, trying links, trawling posts, trying out follow-ups, I used your link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip, and it worked PERFECTLY, 1st time, NO hassles...YOU ROCK!
    Ps. I have a BB CURVE 8052
    05-02-13 08:29 AM
    Thanks for the links.. works like a charm !! it took a lot of searching but crackberry turned out to be the saviour YET AGAIN !!
    07-29-13 05:31 AM
    The Dropbox link for v3 says "there's nothing here" and the JAD link goes to v4.5.3

v4.5.3 installs but always wants access to my "personal information". I don't know why Google insists on access to my "personal information" for a mapping app. I did read a book about something similar, by a guy named Orwell .... called "1984"!

Back to app - it's installed but usually says "your current location is temporarily unavailable". Then all of a sudden it works for some unknown reason.
    08-05-13 07:05 PM
    anyone has off-line (not OTA, as google removed it from servers?) google maps app for legacy devices and would like to share?
    04-18-14 02:44 AM
70 123