I've been a BlackBerry user since 2001/2002 and fallen in love with the BlackBerry experience.
    My Z30 was getting old and my position changed at work so I now was getting a new phone from them. My only choices were iPhone or Samsung so I chose the new S8, which arrived at my desk on Thursday.
    So what does any BlackBerry enthusiast do with a Android phone? Figure out how to make it feel like a BlackBerry!
    1. Download the BlackBerry Hub+ suite
    2. Download Cobalt's BlackBerry Manager so I can get my beloved BlackBerry vkb back.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...uired-1059855/
    3. Search the forums to get the BlackBerry ring tone back. Download the Frank Underwood tone and swap it out.
    http://m.crackberry.com/ringtone/spirit
    4. Search the forums to get the sunrise Alarm back. Add it as the default alarm tone.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-sound-797567/
    5. Move around the quick settings buttons to get the Do Not Disturb button in easy reach and set it to be like Bedside mode.
    6. Set the always on screen to display an analog clock and change the dial colour to red.
    7. Use the BlackBerry launcher
    8. Configure Hub
    9. Get a case on this thing. It is so slippery (I miss my Z30's grippy back cover)
    10. BlackBerry Blend alternative
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...desync30&hl=en

I haven't figured out the LED notification RGB yet, so that's next on my list.

It wasn't my choice to go in this direction but so far it's a great phone and with the BlackBerry modifications it's something I can definitely live with.
    Nice man! Makes me want to do all of that to the wife's S7. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-17 06:21 PM
    Thank you. I'll be moving to a S7 this week for the same reason (actually, my Z30 is dying a slow death right now). I'll look forward to trying these out!
    So I got that S7 and as much as I love the hardware, it's amazing to me how Android requires so many clicks to do basic things. Also, I cannot for the life of me understand why the volume controls have to be locked to the notification volume by the OS - do people really adjust the level the notification volumes so much?! I certainly don't. Anyway, I am sorely missing BB10 these Days!
    05-02-17 06:52 PM
    I found it a bit frustrating to not be able to use the volume rockers on the S8 to switch songs.
    App to the rescue!
    Just had to find the right App and now it performs as I expected.
    05-03-17 07:55 AM
    Eh, I don't spend most of my phone time working with emails, contacts, or schedules. Someone who actually sends emails more than once a year can be a better judge of the PIM part of the suite. But for stuff like the keyboard, password manager, or launcher, seeing what the competition has to offer makes it an uphill battle for BlackBerry.
    This is a great example of why one size does not fit all users. I spend 95% of my phone time on PIM/communications items. My phone is my digital assistant that keeps me on task, on schedule and engaged with my prospects and clients.

Other than checking the weather and using maps, I rarely open apps. When I do, it's usually something like my reference library on the Kindle app, which is great on BB10.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-03-17 11:08 AM
    Have you tried active peak? I haven't tried it but when I eventually switch I will be trying it

#luvmybb10os
    05-03-17 03:07 PM
    Looks neat, I'll keep an eye on it to see how it develops. So far I think it's a bit too basic.
    05-03-17 08:13 PM
    It looks interesting but a little too basic. I'll keep my eye on it to see how it develops.
    05-03-17 08:14 PM
57 123