Hey guys do any of you know of a good program, website to convert my itunes music to mp3? Would rather just use my Curve and not have to carry an ipod at the same time. Thanks
    02-16-08 09:50 PM
    The Curve will play m4a but won't play m4p. m4p's are the songs you purchase from iTunes music store. You'll need a program to remove the DRM protection. I would do a google search for DRM removal and see what comes up.

For free, you can burn them to a CD and then rip them back into iTunes.
    02-16-08 10:44 PM
    Here's a way, though a bit cumbersome.

Create cd's with itunes of the songs you want. Then use any free mp3 ripping program to rip them into mp3's.
    02-17-08 06:38 AM
    cds wont work drm copies over i had the same problem untill i purchaced this "Tunebite drm extractor" search this on google. its 25 bucks but its really worth the money!!!
    02-17-08 07:58 AM
    Hey guys do any of you know of a good program, website to convert my itunes music to mp3?
    Hmm, I actually purchased about $50 worth of songs from iTunes, burned them all to CDs and ripped them using iTunes. Then placed the files to my media card since they are now DRM-free mp3s.

Not sure why it seems Im the only person with success using this method, but it works for me without any issues.
    02-17-08 08:43 AM
    To have it work via Burning a CD, and then ripping it back, you have to go to advanced, preferences, nurning, and select inport as MP3 converter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-08 10:50 AM
    Burning not nurning. Sorry. This worked with all my ITunes tracks.

02-17-08 10:51 AM
    Hmm, I actually purchased about $50 worth of songs from iTunes, burned them all to CDs and ripped them using iTunes. Then placed the files to my media card since they are now DRM-free mp3s.

Not sure why it seems Im the only person with success using this method, but it works for me without any issues.
    This works perfectly. Most songs on iTunes can also be purchased as DRM free mp3's/AACs now. iTunes has its own MP3 converter (right click>convert file to mp3) built in for files you'd like to convert. :]
    02-17-08 05:57 PM
    The iTunes coverter only wprks on songs not purchased throught the iTues store!

02-17-08 07:38 PM
    The iTunes coverter only wprks on songs not purchased throught the iTues store!

this is true :] files with copyright protection don't allow conversion.
    02-17-08 08:10 PM
    Thanks for the info guys...might be easier just to download them from another site.
    02-17-08 08:14 PM

I use this method all the time to make my ringtones. Works great!!!

I use the program Audacity to make the ringtones...flawless!
    02-17-08 08:40 PM
    Yeah, thanks guys. Forgot to mention iTunes Plus has no protection as well as amazon mp3...which adds the songs directly to your itunes once you purchase and download them.
    02-22-08 09:59 PM
    You guys have to try doubleTwist. It's created by the guy who originally cracked the iTunes DRM. It basically is almost a lossless method for stripping your purchased iTunes songs of its DRM and converting it to mp3.

Here's a link to the program: doubleTwist | Home Page

And here's a link to a Wired Magazine article about it: Free Your Media With DoubleTwist, a DRM Stripping App Anyone Can Use | Compiler from Wired.com

Enjoy!
    02-23-08 03:02 AM
    I just did this last night and tried the whole make cd's first thing. Here's what I did instead:

1. Download Power MP3 WMA Converter - you van get it on free trial and it has pop ups you have to wait for but heck its free and easy.

2. Open itunes select all the songs you want to put on your bb. Have your bb mass storage open on your desktop, drag and drop all your selected songs to your bb.

3. Open Power MP3 WMA Converter. Add files from your bb mass storage.

4. Start from the top and hit the begin convert button. The To Directory name should be 'sample as source file'. This will convert the files on the bb media card and put them right back in there when its done. A safer method would be dumping the songs in a folder on the desktop but it was a late night so whatever.

As this is a trial version, everytime you convert a song there will be the pop up asking you to register but this is not necessary to complete the conversion. And your done! Nice and simple. Hope this helps someone!

02-23-08 12:27 PM
    Hey guys do any of you know of a good program, website to convert my itunes music to mp3? Would rather just use my Curve and not have to carry an ipod at the same time. Thanks
    ITunes music often has the DRM tech which avoid the customer transfer or convert the downloaded music, so if you want to play the itune music with your Blackberry or other player you should remove the DRM with a specialized converter.
    you can try Daniusoft Digital Media Converter
    I'm using it now and feels good.

hope it helps
    03-28-08 01:53 AM
    I also use Tunebites...works just fine.
    03-28-08 10:11 AM
    Try Tunebite it will make your I-tune files unprotected and you can download right to your BB or make ringtones.
    04-20-08 08:57 AM
    Try Tunebite works well, free to try but $39.90 to work. it will unprotect your I-Tune files the you can download to BB or make ringtones
    04-20-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD