I am a new fan of BlackBerry products and services.

The phones and software appeal to me greatly, but the execution of ideas and products to market by BlackBerry management ( old and new ) has basically put the company in a coma.

IT IS NOW TIME TO SELL THE COMPANY.

If this process is delayed any longer or simply cannot be done, BlackBerry will cease to exist.

The name of the company may not live on, but the employees hard work and skills, deserve to live on in a company who has the vision to compete in an uncertain future technological landscape, and, has the planning and resources to execute that vision boldly.
    09-22-13 03:28 AM
    how is this not in the armchair forum?
    09-22-13 03:32 AM
    how is this not in the armchair forum?

It probably soon will be, relax.
    09-22-13 03:46 AM
    You're a little late to the game. The board of directors realized this at least a month ago, in all likelihood they realized several months ago.
    09-22-13 03:51 AM
    You're a little late to the game. The board of directors realized this at least a month ago, in all likelihood they realized several months ago.

I think you will find I am not late, they are.
    09-22-13 03:53 AM
    I think you will find I am not late, they are.
    Do you not understand the direction in which time flows?
    09-22-13 03:56 AM
    I am a new fan of BlackBerry products and services.

The phones and software appeal to me greatly, but the execution of ideas and products to market by BlackBerry management ( old and new ) has basically put the company in a coma.

IT IS NOW TIME TO SELL THE COMPANY.

If this process is delayed any longer or simply cannot be done, BlackBerry will cease to exist.

The name of the company may not live on, but the employees hard work and skills, deserve to live on in a company who has the vision to compete in an uncertain future technological landscape, and, has the planning and resources to execute that vision boldly.
    Cool story, bro.
    Mr.mister likes this.
    09-22-13 03:57 AM
    Cool story, bro.

I was anticipating this reaction from the diehards.

I'm not here for a fight so thanks for the contribution.
    richardat likes this.
    09-22-13 04:05 AM
    I was anticipating this reaction from the diehards.

I'm not here for a fight so thanks for the contribution.
    You mean like YOUR contribution? Lmao!
    09-22-13 04:08 AM
    Do you not understand the direction in which time flows?

My truthful answer to your question is , no.

For all I know, time and space moves in reverse and the future has already happened, we just live backwards toward the beginning.
    09-22-13 04:08 AM
    Thanks for your input and have a nice life. ^_^
    09-22-13 04:12 AM
    You mean like YOUR contribution? Lmao!

Yes, like MY contribution ROLMAO /s
    09-22-13 04:12 AM
    Thanks for your input and have a nice life. ^_^

If that was directed at me, Thank you very much and the same to you.
    09-22-13 04:13 AM
    OP, if you want a serious answer to your post, the answer is going private...out of the limelight...time to refocus on where to invest in the future, not in the present, based on what the spoiled consumer "demands". This company was built on innovation, foresight, and risk. BlackBerry is not going anywhere, and a full out sale of the company is not the solution.

This is not a "diehard" talking, but a rather well-informed shareholder, who has actually risked more than the cost of a cell phone on this company.
    09-22-13 04:15 AM
    OP, if you want a serious answer to your post, the answer is going private...out of the limelight...time to refocus on where to invest in the future, not in the present, based on what the spoiled consumer "demands". This company was built on innovation, foresight, and risk. BlackBerry is not going anywhere, and a full out sale of the company is not the solution.

This is not a "diehard" talking, but a rather well-informed shareholder, who has actually risked more than the cost of a cell phone on this company.

Thank you for the insight.

I would like to ask you a direct and personal question.

Do you have faith in the BlackBerry upper management team ( old and new ) to keep the company whole and regain significant market share in the future?
    09-22-13 04:21 AM
    Thank you for the insight.

I would like to ask you a direct and personal question.

Do you have faith in the BlackBerry upper management team ( old and new ) to keep the company whole and regain significant market share in the future?
    Finally....an absolutely valid and lucid question...as a matter of fact, yes, I do.

My personal feeling and hope is that the company will remain whole, and refocus on what they've done best...entreprise and security.

This may mean that they may back off from the mainstream consumer market, but then again...this is how they built their business. QNX is massive for BB...an OS integrated into 80% of all newer vehicles means a stronger integration between BlackBerry products and future enhancements and features in our vehicles.

We all have to remember that BlackBerry is a company that is not dissimilar to any other high-tech company, with a Board of Directors who have a primary interest in seeing the company succeed, and the decisions they make are done so with the future of the company, the shareholders, and the workers in mind.

I do have faith...not as a "fan-boy", but as an investor, a businessman, and a user of what I consider an excellent product.
    Mr.mister likes this.
    09-22-13 04:34 AM
    Finally....an absolutely valid and lucid question...as a matter of fact, yes, I do.

My personal feeling and hope is that the company will remain whole, and refocus on what they've done best...entreprise and security.

This may mean that they may back off from the mainstream consumer market, but then again...this is how they built their business. QNX is massive for BB...an OS integrated into 80% of all newer vehicles means a stronger integration between BlackBerry products and future enhancements and features in our vehicles.

We all have to remember that BlackBerry is a company that is not dissimilar to any other high-tech company, with a Board of Directors who have a primary interest in seeing the company succeed, and the decisions they make are done so with the future of the company, the shareholders, and the workers in mind.

I do have faith...not as a "fan-boy", but as an investor, a businessman, and a user of what I consider an excellent product.

I think you have put your beliefs and views on BlackBerry's current predicament across admirably.

Thank you for the contribution.
    09-22-13 04:44 AM
    I think you have put your beliefs and views on BlackBerry's current predicament across admirably.

Thank you for the contribution.
    Respect.
    09-22-13 04:45 AM