Is this the typical BlackBerry culture? Buying apps you don't need to keep the faint hope of BB10's survival?
    Who said anything about buying apps you don't need? No, it's about supporting those who offer their time and make apps that enhance the BB OS10 experience. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry's survival. If the shoe drops and OS10 goes to the wayside, those people might be all that's left to support it.
    01-22-16 10:02 AM
    Doing this you're running the risk of buying an app that had been made by a dev a long time ago, whom has ditched the BB10 platform, also.

I recommend buying Nemory's app's. The guy works day and night adding features to his popular apps. He deserves a medal tbh!

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    lift likes this.
    01-22-16 10:47 AM
    Who said anything about buying apps you don't need? No, it's about supporting those who offer their time and make apps that enhance the BB OS10 experience. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry's survival. If the shoe drops and OS10 goes to the wayside, those people might be all that's left to support it.
    Reread the OP thread, thread #4, etc.
    01-22-16 10:51 AM
    You're generalising in any case. Personally, I buy native apps that serve a purpose or fulfill a need. If I can't find native, I turn to the GPS for an Android alternative.

Many of us still like BB10 and if by buying certain native apps, we support a developer who's still behind our preferred platform, I can't see the damage, regardless of what Chen and BlackBerry do. BlackBerry may have stopped development for BB10, but that doesn't mean the devices will stop working all of the sudden.

Negativity, such as what you expressed in your comments shows a clear example of these forums' decay. The whole clich� about "BB10 is dead" is becoming silly and tiresome. If BB10 does not offer what you want or need, switch to IOS, Android or WP, and please let the rest be.

Posted with my powerful and masterful  Passport!
    to boldly go likes this.
    01-22-16 11:12 AM
    If you can, please spend a few bucks and give support to our few remaining BB developers.

Thanks in advance.
    I buy pretty much all of the new native app releases. And I'm always scouring BlackBerry world for good native apps that are updated somewhat regularly. Since 2013 I've probably spent several hundreds on buying native apps.

BlackBerry doesn't give a sh*t about us anymore so the only thing keeping this community afloat are the independent developers. You can't complain about BB10 dying if you aren't willing to support our developers.

Posted via CB10
    Nowhere in either post does it state they bought apps they didn't need.
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    01-22-16 11:18 AM
    If I like a BB10 app I almost always pay for it. I could be spending worse, like on Starbucks fancy drinks.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:21 AM
    Is this the typical BlackBerry culture? Buying apps you don't need to keep the faint hope of BB10's survival?
    Personally, I don't buy apps I don't "need", but I do buy apps sometimes that look like they may do something better. The Umbrella weather app that I mentioned previously is a case in point. I need a weather app; I already have BeWeather Pro. It's a nice app, but I remain open to new weather apps.

In the case of Umbrella, the free version is really all I need, but I bought the paid version as a way to express gratitude to the developer for continuing to develop for BB10. I have no illusion that this will somehow alter BB10's fate, but it's still nice to spend a couple of bucks to say thanks to the developer.
    JG_Agustin and KemKev like this.
    01-22-16 11:24 AM
    I have purchased a couple: my issue is more that I don't see apps that I would use very often - I seldom play games, so that limits me sharply.
    This ^^^.
    01-22-16 02:09 PM
    <snip>
    The whole clich� about "BB10 is dead" is becoming silly and tiresome. If BB10 does not offer what you want or need, switch to IOS, Android or WP, and please let the rest be.
    Thank you!
    01-22-16 02:12 PM
    Personally, I don't buy apps I don't "need", but I do buy apps sometimes that look like they may do something better. The Umbrella weather app that I mentioned previously is a case in point. I need a weather app; I already have BeWeather Pro. It's a nice app, but I remain open to new weather apps.

In the case of Umbrella, the free version is really all I need, but I bought the paid version as a way to express gratitude to the developer for continuing to develop for BB10. I have no illusion that this will somehow alter BB10's fate, but it's still nice to spend a couple of bucks to say thanks to the developer.
    Bought the paid Umbrella app also works great .
    01-22-16 03:26 PM
    When Face10 comes out in BBW, I will be buying pro version. This app rocks, even in beta version. Never again will I use the stock Facebook for BlackBerry app. Not unless they can update their app to be better than what Nemory has put out, and I seriously doubt that will happen.

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    JG_Agustin and ZeBB45 like this.
    01-22-16 05:41 PM
    I have some paid apps on my phone here and there, but these are only apps that I really like or will use.
    01-22-16 06:00 PM
    I always supported the developers in Blackberry world. Even though I have migrated to a Priv. I never complained about the app being expensive as long as the support was there.
    01-22-16 06:17 PM
    I bought Browsie Browser and I love it. When I get my new Leap I will see if there are other apps I may like to purchase.
    01-22-16 09:05 PM
    i bought many apps for Playbook and Z10,Z30.
    01-23-16 10:59 AM
    We can have this thread for shouting out some good apps we have in BlackBerry World.

I have not counted how many apps I paid for, since I got some of them for free,but I would have paid for at least 10 apps on BlackBerry World.

I will list some good apps I have.

Blue Touchpad - Amazing Bluetooth keyboard/mouse app that does not require any software installation on the computer. You just connect the phone to the computer with Bluetooth; and you are good to go!

Parrot - Phone call recording app with auto rewrite function and backup.

Powertools - A must have app for creating LED notifications, quiet time, geotagging, speech for texts and mail, and more.

Hub2Watch - Awesome watch face to show the Hub notifications on the Pebble watch.

Talk2Watch - Connects the Pebble watch to the phone. Works well enough with good support.

Hub browser

Cascarun Pro - GPS tracking fitness app for various activities + Pebble integration.

SuperTube - A must have YouTube client with ad blocking and video download. Better than the stock Android/IOS YouTube app since they have ads in them.

Car Manager - Very useful for recording car usage.

BeMaps 10 Pro - Full Google maps client

Super Street View - Google Street view. Very useful and fast.

Browsie Browser - Awesome browser with ad blocking.

All in all, I am against buying "useless" apps just to support the platform. But there are many useful apps on BlackBerry World, some of which are only found in BlackBerry 10. There are still many loyal developers who keep supporting the apps. I am definitely for supporting those people.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 06:47 PM
    The dev whom built the Read it now, Pocket client, is worth supporting. Here is a list of his apps:
    It's time to buy an app from a BlackBerry DEV.-img_20160122_190632.png

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    01-23-16 09:04 PM
    i do seek Built for BlackBerry apps, and I will always pick the paid version if there are choices. if I am simply curious about an app I will buy it, who cares if i delete it later.

now that the designation is,going to be gone, I want a way to n browsing apps. if CrackBerry can keep a list of who is who I will keep that handy when looking in the future. to list the ones I have I will check later, a scanner and a note app come to mind.

(my posting problem seems to be gone! yay! and thank you if something here got fixed.)
    EDIT:
    sorry, my hope was false hope, I have to cut and paste to post here again. but just that one time? it worked...
    Last edited by to boldly go; 01-24-16 at 07:45 AM.
    01-24-16 07:00 AM
    Better if the lazy devs make an app that is worthy. Will pay for it whatever the cost.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 08:01 PM
    Better if the lazy devs make an app that is worthy. Will pay for it whatever the cost.

Posted via CB10
    Lazy devs?

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-25-16 03:02 AM
45 12