Therefore, in the spirit of passion, we all understand that tempers will flare from time to time. The fact that such dialogue can be had in the first place ought to be celebrated. Some posts are unpleasant, but most are inspired, conducive to thought and loyalty building.

#BlackBerryTorchBearer
    True indeed my friend, true indeed.
    04-19-12 04:23 PM
    I've been a member here longer than most but it is getting increasingly weird in here. Every day there is a new thread about how we are fighting the good fight and that RIM is saving the world. People need to get a grip, it's just phones and not that big of a deal.
    Strange? Increasingly wierd? We come here how often to talk about phones? Selection bias at work!
    04-19-12 05:23 PM
    If the co ceo's cared half as much about RIM as the diehards on this forum the company would still be leading the industry.

Smart phones have become the new mac-pc debate. Everyone is trying to convince everyone else that their phone/ecosystem is the best and if your not on it your wrong. Its fun to read the back and forth but some people take it to seriously.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-19-12 05:43 PM
    Yeah. It's so weird to want your favorite phone manufacturer to succeed so they can continue to make devices that better and improve our everyday lives. Really irrational stuff.
    Thre thumbs up for that one.
    04-19-12 06:07 PM
    I haven't been here a time when there was no trolling and everyone doesnt wanna kill each other...
    04-19-12 07:39 PM
    I don't dispute the comments that any one says in in regards to disagreeing with my statement. Let me clarify: We are not at war with anyone. If anyone has a right to be pissed at a certain company it is us, the consumer at RIM.

I don't know if it's lack of age, or knowledge of the past, but RIM is not the poor little kid that no one picked in gym class. They were the bullies of the smartphone world, proclaiming that they were the only company that could produce a quality product and that the other manufacturers out there were wrong to suggest anything different. They are not the little engine that could, they are the fools that sat on a pile of cash, refused to change out of shear stubbornness, and are now pretty much a laughing stock.

People still say from time to time "Apple had too much of a head start on RIM.". ARE YOU KIDDING ME? RIM has been making smartphones far longer than Apple, Samsung, HTC, etc The management fools at RIM have ignored what the consumer has been asking for for far too long. Give me a break. RIMPIRE strikes back? If they do great, if they don't everyone will survive and move on.
    Yaceka likes this.
    04-19-12 08:23 PM
    Well at the end of the night, we still go to bed with our BB's..
    Spencerdl likes this.
    04-19-12 08:32 PM
    I go to bed with my wife....maybe the neighbor's ex- wife on a good day.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-19-12 08:49 PM
    I go to bed with my wife....maybe the neighbor's ex- wife on a good day.
    BUT ... BB's will never tell ..
    alnamvet68 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-12 09:00 PM
    The userbase of BlackBerry is undergoing a transition so it makes sense that the community is too. Wind the clock back a couple of years, and I would have picked the average CrackBerry member as a professional/businessperson in the USA. Based on where BlackBerries are selling now though, the average CrackBerry member is either a teenager in the UK or someone in Asia (I've noticed a massive increase in # people on CB where English is clearly not their first language). The marketshare of BB in USA has almost entirely eroded to zero.
    04-19-12 10:02 PM
    Nothing wrong with wanting your preferred mobile device manufacturer to be successful. But it doesn't mean you have to take an "us vs them" mentality when talking about other platforms. It is not a war. In fact this is a BlackBerry forum, but some members are seemingly more obsessed with starting little flame wars talking down about that other fruit company or the little green robot than having an actual BlackBerry related discussion.

Go with what works for you. Who cares about what other people like or use. You are not going to convert them any more than they are going to convert you to their "side".

We are the consumers...the companies should be fighting for us, not us for them.
    Yaceka likes this.
    04-19-12 10:31 PM
    BUT ... BB's will never tell ..
    They do if they aren't password protected!
    jafobabe and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-19-12 10:33 PM
    ROFLMAO!!
    04-19-12 10:36 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD