You don't know what you have until it's gone! I bought into all the hype and defected to andriod a year ago but after owning two andriod phones in that time and an iphone (for a week) I came back to my true love Blackberry. For my needs and style nothing compares to a Blackberry. I didn't even end up using any of all the silly apps that are a big selling point for them. Andriod is very buggy and there isn't a standard accross the board, there are so many manufacturers and custome UI's that makes it feel cheap. It seems like there is at least 5 new andriod phones and tablets every month. iphone is a joke I took it back after a week of using it. The battery life on all those phones are awful. I had an Epic 4G slider phone and a HTC EVO Shift slider phone and those two keyboards just don't compare to the Blackberry keyboard. I'm happy to be back and I love to see Blackberry and the community is still very much alive because if I were to believe the news stories these days RIM was as good as dead. RIM makes quality phones with a quality OS and great, security, design and style. A week ago I bought myself an Bold 9650 and I'm loving this OS 6 software. I can't wait to get the new Bold coming out soon it looks great!
    Last edited by christy05h; 07-12-11 at 12:33 PM.
    Dapper37, Witmen, Speczorz and 2 others like this.
    07-12-11 12:27 PM
    Welcome back !
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 12:41 PM
    Welcome back, Christy. It's obvious you're a healthy individual. There are lots of miserable android users out there -- many of them deal with their pathologies by posting BlackBerry hatred here -- but they refuse to come back out of spite or because they're afraid of looking stupid. Enjoy your new 9650. I got the same phone only a few weeks ago, and I love it, too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Witmen and christy05h like this.
    07-12-11 12:43 PM
    Christy 05h
    Have a chat with Daz 91 poss defector to andriod
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 12:43 PM
    Welcome back
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 12:52 PM
    I hear ya... I'm waiting on the delivery man now! I walked away for what I thought was good last December. It's been **** ever since. I fell for the hype and the gazillion apps talk. When it comes down to it I want my email to push and work (pop downloading in 2011?!?), my social apps to update me, take some decent pictures and share them and finally - I look forward to being able to text and email without hitting backspace all the time.
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 01:00 PM
    HA! As I hit send the FedEx guy pulled up! She's booting now
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 01:05 PM
    Welcome Home.

christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 01:11 PM
    we missed ya
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 01:13 PM
    If I can say; your looking stellar in Black!
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 02:13 PM
    She's here and just about set up. It was locked in enterprise activation mode at first, but a quick call and a reboot and all is well. Gosh, I missed it
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 02:22 PM
    Awesome! Welcome back too!
    scottstjohn likes this.
    07-12-11 02:30 PM
    There are lots of miserable android users out there -- many of them deal with their pathologies by posting BlackBerry hatred here -- but they refuse to come back out of spite or because they're afraid of looking stupid.
    That is so true. The best phone is without a doubt based on your personal use and what you need in a phone.

I have a good friend that went to Android. Based on his own words He don't play games with his phone, he don't browser very often on it. All he does is SMS, Phone calls and emails. Basically nothing but communications.

Well since he has went to Android, He lost his keyboard, the great battery life, BBM which he used constantly as several of his family members have it, Lost berry Buzz which was his favorite app and he himself says email sucks on Android.

Now several times a day he sends and receives the same SMS multiple times. Some times he will text me and I will get 4 or 5 copies of the same message. More than once he has sent me text messages meant for someone other than me. And now he carries a charger with him every where he goes because his phone drains battery life rapidly even when he hasn't touched it since it got unplugged.

All of those things he admits too and complains about. But he loves Android and would never come back to a BlackBerry he says. Even though he would be better off. He fell for the hype, lost all of the features he actually used on his phone to gain a bunch of crap he only uses when he wants to show someone how cool his Android is. He knows his own personal needs were better met with his old BlackBerry Bold and he has admitted that to me. But he don't want to look like a fool to all of his friends by going back to BlackBerry after trashing it.

He just keeps on telling everyone "Android FTW!!!"
    Last edited by Witmen; 07-12-11 at 02:44 PM.
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 02:35 PM
    Welcome back to the Crack, Christy. It isn't hard to wish for a change, but sometimes it's hard to admit not all change is good.

Last edited by BergerKing; 07-12-11 at 03:25 PM.
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 03:05 PM
    That is so true. The best phone is without a doubt based on your personal use and what you need in a phone.

I have a good friend that went to Android. Based on his own words He don't play games with his phone, he don't browser very often on it. All he does is SMS, Phone calls and emails. Basically nothing but communications.

Well since he has went to Android, He lost his keyboard, the great battery life, BBM which he used constantly as several of his family members have it, Lost berry Buzz which was his favorite app and he himself says email sucks on Android.

Now several times a day he sends and receives the same SMS multiple times. Some times he will text me and I will get 4 or 5 copies of the same message. More than once he has sent me text messages meant for someone other than me. And now he carries a charger with him every where he goes because his phone drains battery life rapidly even when he hasn't touched it since it got unplugged.

All of those things he admits too and complains about. But he loves Android and would never come back to a BlackBerry he says. Even though he would be better off. He fell for the hype, lost all of the features he actually used on his phone to gain a bunch of crap he only uses when he wants to show someone how cool his Android is. He knows his own personal needs were better met with his old BlackBerry Bold and he has admitted that to me. But he don't want to look like a fool to all of his friends by going back to BlackBerry after trashing it.

oooooooor maybe his preference is actually in favor of Android...Phone choice is one part needs, one part preference. Maybe he doesnt like the interface of BB. Maybe he doesnt like the shape, lol. For me, my main things are email and text. But, after this stint (that im still on) with BB, I have realized that i dont like it as much as i thought. Just preference
    07-12-11 03:11 PM
    Welcome back. Been there and done that..Several times
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 03:17 PM
    That is what it came down to... Communication. At the end of the day and I beat Fieldrunners for the 20th time or tried another online streaming station that only cut out I missed the communication. I always feel in touch with a BB by my side.
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 03:22 PM
    oooooooor maybe his preference is actually in favor of Android...Phone choice is one part needs, one part preference. Maybe he doesnt like the interface of BB. Maybe he doesnt like the shape, lol. For me, my main things are email and text. But, after this stint (that im still on) with BB, I have realized that i dont like it as much as i thought. Just preference
    No the only reason he doesn't come back is because he has told all of his friends how great his Android is and he would feel stupid if he switched back now. He admits that, It's not something he hides from me.

I can't blame him for it. I ran into the same situation myself a few years back and I did feel pretty stupid for it. After the XD came out I fell for the hype and I told all of my shooting buddies that Glock sucks and the XD is better. Ended up selling my Glock and bought an XD40 and I went running back to a Glock a month later after the XD jammed through an entire magazine during a live qualification round.

The only difference is I swallowed my pride and admitted I had made a mistake and I took a bit of crap for it afterwards. He isn't willing to do that.
    Last edited by Witmen; 07-12-11 at 04:04 PM.
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 04:02 PM
    It's always good to have someone come back. Welcome back! . I've never owned an android but after seeing a friend go through like 3 or 4 because they stopped working I really don't wanna try them at all
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 04:29 PM

Great story...I was thinking there is a right tool for every job...and for me I need a good reliable secure communication device with a battery that will hold up a charge...In my opinion there is no better device for communication than a Blackberry. Plus I actually love the design of the phones they are stylish and the OS is top notch. I also like the fact that RIM seems to care about their devices and makes sure to put out a quality product. They only make a few devices and best of all they support those devices years later. Similar to apple, they are a company making their own hardware and OS and supporting those products after they hit the market. That is good customer care. Andriod fails miserably with that...I forced Sprint to take back the Samsung Epic 4G because the update to a newer version of andriod that was promised to me never came, month after month...so they gave me another phone the HTC EVO Shift and that was better with a newer OS but still left me wanting. Bottom line I think Apple makes a good Ipod for music some apps and silly goofy games, andriod has a flash capable browser and some decent apps but they really need to get control of their OS and not ***** it out to manufacturer out there plus the OS needs alot of maturing to do. Apple and Andriod still feel like they are kids stuff...Blackberry is a professional grade mature Hardware and software hands down the best communication device...and overall well rounded great phone!
    Witmen likes this.
    07-12-11 07:12 PM
    Sometimes if one wants to be happy one needs to swallow their pride. Sure you may get grief for awhile but they will forget and you'll be better off using what you like.
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 08:56 PM
    Greetings and salutations!

I'm also on the bandwagon that defected from RIM and then as soon as I jumped ship I wanted back. Similar to you, I had a week with my HTC Inspire 4g that makes me want to include in this sentence that I metaphorically shot myself in the proverbial foot (or vis-a-vis) to make a really long run on sentence at the liberty of sounding awesome.

^_^; anime face!
    christy05h likes this.
    07-12-11 09:22 PM
    I love hearing stories like this. It never gets old. Btw speaking of apps Christy I have more apps downloaded on my Torch than I did on my Iphone (you would think that would be the other way around) and besides going through all those apps got real effin boring real effin quick.

07-12-11 09:40 PM
    I hear ya... I'm waiting on the delivery man now! I walked away for what I thought was good last December. It's been **** ever since. I fell for the hype and the gazillion apps talk. When it comes down to it I want my email to push and work (pop downloading in 2011?!?), my social apps to update me, take some decent pictures and share them and finally - I look forward to being able to text and email without hitting backspace all the time.
    Brother you are reading my mind. I spent more time fixing typing errors on those onscreen keyboards than I did typing the message. And dont get me started on the battery life..might as well hook a battery to my belt.
    I need my phone to do what I want it to do, not what everyone else wants it to do. After leaving BB for the Android world I am back....
    christy05h likes this.
    07-13-11 09:17 AM
    Good stories to hear for sure in a time where it seems we are all doomed....

I also tried Android for awhile and when I got my 9700, I was back in heaven! Nothing does communications like a BB.

Apple has a niche, because of brilliant marketing....**** took them how long to get copy and paste, then better battery life, (waits for it, lol!) And it still don't multi-task for ish! Oh and now a blatant copy with iMessenger....funny thing is, they will claim how innovative they were with all of that and to come, when BB's have been doing that for years....

Android well nice looking, still has a long way to go. Yes, it is open freedom and if tech savvy may be a way to go, but a lot of people want something to work out of the box and still have customizations and well BB does that well. Also the fact updates take forever on certain brands (cough, Samsung!) And they can be buggy and have terrible battery life (But it is a computer in your pocket!), yet peeps buy them up due to their crazy specs....

Not me anymore, I will stick with what works best for me and that is BB and will be for sometime.

christy05h likes this.
    07-13-11 10:24 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD