Most of every single smartphone hasn't yet broken the pentium III/AMD Equivalent cpu speed barrier, so we shouldn't diss it all, after all, we carry (not all of us) 80186, 80286, 80386, 80486, P1 & P2 class cpu speed feature phones around that perform well, some record QVGA and VGA video, capture QVGA, VGA, 2/3/4/5/6/7/8mp photos, etc and they all work fine, haven't we noticed?

Most consumers don't give a flying fock about how fast their smart/phones are. As long as they have fine functioning devices, they couldn't give a shat what anybody else thinks. We are being brainwashed, only what we need, is what we should have.

I understand most of us don't want or don't mind carrying more than one device with us, it's what makes us different people. Heck, if I could get a very old GSM blackberry that has basic e-mail functions, I would. Maybe even a block phone with a new Li-ion battery pack. I couldn't care less. We take advantage of so much, what if it all went away? We would all be ******* screwed up the ***. Agree? Disagree? It's up to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes things would get bad if it all went away. Some people wouldn't know how to survive. But, new technology is coming out, they are presenting it to us, why not take advantage of it? You are getting what you need with extra features for the same price you have been paying for devices (Bold/Storm/Torch/iPhone/Android high end devices, usually $199 on a 2 year deal and in Canada I guess 3 year? Maybe less money I don't know your pricing.) for several years now. It is just taking the opportunity to use this awesome technology. Some people may take it for granted, others actually enjoy it and take the opportunity to appreciate what it can do.

You say we should only have what we need. Ok, get a stick, a sharp rock, some fur to keep you warm and a nice little treehouse for shelter. Light a fire while your at it to keep the animals and bugs away.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-10-11 at 10:19 PM.
    TheEdge and Daniel Ratcliffe like this.
    01-10-11 10:17 PM
    I have way to many share`s tied up in Rim to ever dream of Knocking Blkberry & they got maybe 20 years before I need it back or pass it on
    01-10-11 10:29 PM
    Yes things would get bad if it all went away. Some people wouldn't know how to survive. But, new technology is coming out, they are presenting it to us, why not take advantage of it? You are getting what you need with extra features for the same price you have been paying for devices (Bold/Storm/Torch/iPhone/Android high end devices, usually $199 on a 2 year deal and in Canada I guess 3 year? Maybe less money I don't know your pricing.) for several years now. It is just taking the opportunity to use this awesome technology. Some people may take it for granted, others actually enjoy it and take the opportunity to appreciate what it can do.

You say we should only have what we need. Ok, get a stick, a sharp rock, some fur to keep you warm and a nice little treehouse for shelter. Light a fire while your at it to keep the animals and bugs away.
    That was f'ing brilliant!! My hats off to you my friend!!!
    01-10-11 10:36 PM
    The issue I have isn't the debates, it's the people who complain about the same thing over and over and over in thousands of posts. Is there something new to add? If not then understand people will grow annoyed with your need to repeat your grievances while you do nothing to improve your situation.
    This.

01-11-11 07:35 AM
    totally agree, plus there's a reason the I-phone doesnt have a snapdragon processor, it's all about optimization.
    01-11-11 01:35 PM
    totally agree, plus there's a reason the I-phone doesnt have a snapdragon processor, it's all about optimization.
    The A4 is made by Samsung for Apple. The Galaxy S line uses the same chip, but even better called the Hummingbird.

Snapdragon processors are "not being optimized" has nothing to do with Apple not using them. QC makes some great processor. Every CDMA BB uses a QC processor I believe. They are optimized.
    01-11-11 01:42 PM
    I'm happy with the performance of my Curve.

I like my Curve 3G. I think I spend too much time on it anyway, I should be exercising now. I think the Windows Mobile commercials are onto something. I should do what I really need to do on it and get off and go do something outside.

01-11-11 03:00 PM
    you are right it has a 1GHZ A4 processor
    01-11-11 07:15 PM
    That's about 35% of posters! Seriously, the only people I've put on "ignore" are those who have repeatedly demonstrated persistent rudeness. There's just four people on my list, and only three of them are currently active here. If someone just disagrees with me on a regular basis, I don't find that's sufficient reason to ignore them.
    Dave... I totally disagree with you and this post....lol you know I am just kidding to stir you up a bit...
    01-11-11 08:49 PM
    I will not pay over $50 for a toy. Even if it's called an iPhone.
    And I will not endorse anything Steve Jobs makes. He's making electronics, but he thinks he's inventing a religion and a way of life.
    Inventing a religion and way of life... I thought he already did that.
    01-11-11 08:53 PM
    I have way to many share`s tied up in Rim to ever dream of Knocking Blkberry & they got maybe 20 years before I need it back or pass it on
    That's the only real reason to care about any company, when you have money invested in them.

01-11-11 09:37 PM
    The General Discussion section is more redundant every single day.

01-12-11 01:54 AM
    Dave... I totally disagree with you and this post....lol you know I am just kidding to stir you up a bit...
    LOL! Please...next time, "shaken, not stirred".
    01-12-11 08:55 AM
    The General Discussion section is more redundant every single day.

You mean all the prognostications have failed to fix the world's problems? If so, I agree completely.
    01-12-11 08:57 AM
    I have only been a Blackberry user for a short time now and I have never **** on what other people have to feel better about what I own. I guess maturity plays a role in that. Its evreywhere on these forums (should I get used to that?) I know everybody is entiltled to their opinion and I am not calling for a crusade to stop it either. It just feels like the old "nintendo versus sega" (nintendo btw ) except a little more *******-ish and this goes for everyside of the argument. Steps off of soapbox, takes a few steps, lights cigarette, and finally turns the lights off.

01-12-11 09:51 AM
    You sound rather defensive! I got it--you like your BB. that's cool.
    Deffensive? Not in the least.

01-12-11 09:57 AM
    Deffensive? Not in the least.

cigarettes are going to kill you. NOW do you feel defensive?
    01-12-11 10:14 AM
    cigarettes are going to kill you. NOW do you feel defensive?
    Rips shirt off Hulk Hogan style and then punches the dog. A little XD

01-12-11 10:18 AM
    624 mhz is too slow. Blackberries are two, three, five years behind. Iphone 4 this and android that. I am very happy with my blackberry torch and I use to have a HTC Aria also I have never been happier with the switch. Why can't some of you people be happy with what you have? "Technology is wasted on the ****tiest generation...", "Everything is amazing and nobodies happy." Louie CK. This thread is not intended to make anybody angry its just an obeservation I have made. Finally I am far from jealous of other devices so keep those kinds of replies to yourself. Thanks.

I hear you, I for one am getting tired of hearing about Snapdragon. Some people steer every conversation to Snapdragon. Its always Snapdragon this and Snapdragon that.

01-12-11 11:23 AM
    A lot of people are happy with what they have. Many people are just citing their frustration with RIM. We are former BB users and RIM fans as well. We want them to continue to innovate, advance and stay aware of what is going on. Over the past 2 years, it seems as if they lost sight of what is happening around them. That is the reason why many of us left and moved to something that was offering more features and better hardware for the same price as RIM offerings that are already outdated before the device is even announced. Refreshes **** people off and that is why you see a lot of RIM hate. RIM putting out low end devices does not help improve the competition. Another reason why people are mad. They want RIM to reman competitive, and it doesn't look like they are right now.

It does get old though. But, it is an open forum and their is nothing you can do about it. Just put the users who are constantly bashing RIM or your device on your ignore list.
    you said "That is the reason why many of us left and moved to something that was offering more features and better hardware for the same price as RIM offerings". What you're not taking into consideration is that it is YOUR opinion that "something different has more features and better hardware", many that are with RIM still thing that their hardware and features are just fine. It's all a matter of opinion. Doesn't make yours right. If I choose to buy a Sony t.v. rather than a Panasonic because I believe Sony has better hardware and more features, does that mean Panasonic isn't a good t.v.?
    01-12-11 11:54 AM
    He's talking tale of the tape, Rick0415. Reach, size, age, etc. just in smart phone terms. if you put those on paper, the BB hardware IS antiquated. Some BB users want to play Angry Birds but can't because of an absence of a GPU in GSM BlackBerry devices. On the CDMA front, developers are running into obstacles because of apparent quirks on the Open GL end when it comes to these new updates for the Storm 2.

And lastly, not all Sony TVs are created equal; just as not all Panasonic TVs are, either.
    howarmat and avt123 like this.
    01-12-11 12:14 PM
    you said "That is the reason why many of us left and moved to something that was offering more features and better hardware for the same price as RIM offerings". What you're not taking into consideration is that it is YOUR opinion that "something different has more features and better hardware", many that are with RIM still thing that their hardware and features are just fine. It's all a matter of opinion. Doesn't make yours right. If I choose to buy a Sony t.v. rather than a Panasonic because I believe Sony has better hardware and more features, does that mean Panasonic isn't a good t.v.?
    you are reading that wrong i think. there is no dispute that the current RIM offerings fall short in the feature category when compared to the current android and iphone offerings. You cant deny that. He didnt say RIM wasnt a good choice for some. for your comparison, this is like your sony TV has built in wifi, netflix, hulu and is 3D capable and its 240 hz and your Panasonic is still 60hz from 2 years ago with no connection to internet, no 3d. The panasonic is fine to TV to some. But anyone paying $2000 for the panasonic when they can get the Sony for the same $2000 is getting ripped off basically. That Panasonic should be selling for $1000 or less.
    lssanjose and avt123 like this.
    01-12-11 12:18 PM
    you are reading that wrong i think. there is no dispute that the current RIM offerings fall short in the feature category when compared to the current android and iphone offerings. You cant deny that. He didnt say RIM wasnt a good choice for some. for your comparison, this is like your sony TV has built in wifi, netflix, hulu and is 3D capable and its 240 hz and your Panasonic is still 60hz from 2 years ago with no connection to internet, no 3d. The panasonic is fine to TV to some. But anyone paying $2000 for the panasonic when they can get the Sony for the same $2000 is getting ripped off basically. That Panasonic should be selling for $1000 or less.
    but there is dispute that the current RIM offerings don't fall short. Everything I want a smart phone to do can be done and done easily on my Bold 9700. If there were features I needed that the Bold could not offer, I'd move to something else. It's all about personal choice.
    01-12-11 12:34 PM
    No, actually it's a fact that BBs have significantly less features than competing smartphones. Nice try trying to use the "it's just your opinion" argument.
    01-12-11 12:36 PM
    but there is dispute that the current RIM offerings don't fall short. Everything I want a smart phone to do can be done and done easily on my Bold 9700. If there were features I needed that the Bold could not offer, I'd move to something else. It's all about personal choice.
    But, things OTHERS want to do on a cell phone are better done on an Android (and some things, I grant , can be done better on a jesus phone). Don't deny that the BB platform is one kind of "animal" and the others are different creatures. It's all about priorities and needs. Neither platform is intrinsically perfect for everyone. You make choices based on your own needs.
    01-12-11 12:37 PM
111 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD