Storm 1, Tour ring any bells? How about all the crappy OSs that RIM puts out? Two OSs for the Tour caused fatal errors. RIM isn't perfecting anything; they jusy have nothing to release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    RIM as a company is has certainly changed since the Storm/Tour,

The fact that 2011 seems to be barren of Leaks, and new Phone announcements should signal they are trying to change

Will they be successful? I can only hope so.

And the changes in OS6 releases has been positive, very few people talk about upgrading OS's and having to revert to a previous version
    01-10-11 11:48 AM
    The issue I have isn't the debates, it's the people who complain about the same thing over and over and over in thousands of posts. Is there something new to add? If not then understand people will grow annoyed with your need to repeat your grievances while you do nothing to improve your situation.

I do enjoy many of the debates, I've learned a few things because of them, and had to dig deeper into somethings I thought I knew to substantiate an argument, though the one liner insulters, and posters who've provided nothing in terms of community building in the last 6 months are the ones I am not fond of.
    01-10-11 11:50 AM
    I don't even wanna bother reading the replies to this thread...

What makes me so upset is that people fail to see that forums are a way for people to complain about stuff...

Like you, illustrating that you are tired of these cry babies...

They have every right to be here just as I have every right to bash them for being here...lol

and I like bashing them...although my claims may have no ground, I like reading the troubled, angered, and tormented posts that some people like to either share or reply with...

So be it, you've gotten your open forum, now they most certainly can have theirs...
    01-10-11 12:12 PM
    @theruined +1

01-10-11 12:13 PM
    624 mhz is too slow. Blackberries are two, three, five years behind. Iphone 4 this and android that. I am very happy with my blackberry torch and I use to have a HTC Aria also I have never been happier with the switch. Why can't some of you people be happy with what you have? "Technology is wasted on the ****tiest generation...", "Everything is amazing and nobodies happy." Louie CK. This thread is not intended to make anybody angry its just an obeservation I have made. Finally I am far from jealous of other devices so keep those kinds of replies to yourself. Thanks.

I am very satisfied with my curve, but if people are supposed to "keep those replies" to themselves, why is this called a forum? Bring on your opinions!

lssanjose likes this.
    01-10-11 12:14 PM
    This forum is called BB general discussion, not "all hail BB".

avt123 and lssanjose like this.
    01-10-11 12:58 PM
    This forum is called BB general discussion, not "all hail BB".

Agreed. General does not mean praise.
    01-10-11 01:01 PM
    Agreed. General does not mean praise.
    Very one sided. Nor does it give anyone the authority to bash.
    01-10-11 01:27 PM
    Very one sided. Nor does it give anyone the authority to bash.
    Actually, that isn't one sided. All I said was this section wasn't dedicated to the praise of BBs. And it does give people the authority to bash, just like it gives people the authority to praise.

It gives the right for people to express their GENERAL feelings towards BBs and have GENERAL discussions about BBs. General includes bashing and praising.
    01-10-11 01:49 PM
    I just want to let everyone know I am LOVING my new Blackberry Bold 9780! LOVING IT! I've upgraded from a curve 8320, and after many years of wonderful use I couldn't be happier. My wife on the other hand goes with the fun phones but doesn't seem to have much fun with them after a few weeks. She now has the Motorola Defy and all her WOW factors have lost their WOW. Now it's more annoying than anything. Where as my 9780 is doing the same stuff I loved and even more stuff I am falling in love with. I see it like this, if Android was a girl she would be FREAKIN HOT! But dumb and useless. If Blackberry was a girl shed be the girl you could take home to your parents, shed cook, clean, raises the children and take your boots off after a hard days work. What a phone!
    Ferretling likes this.
    01-10-11 02:30 PM
    That's why BlackBerry gets cheated on all the time

And some of us can cook, clean, meet parents pay bills and still look good. I'm just sayin. Men...geez

howarmat, tmelon and Ferretling like this.
    01-10-11 03:30 PM
    see it like this, if android was a girl she would be freakin hot! But dumb and useless. If blackberry was a girl shed be the girl you could take home to your parents, shed cook, clean, raises the children and take your boots off after a hard days work. What a phone!
    LMAO! ........
    and some of us can cook, clean, meet parents pay bills and still look good. I'm just sayin. Men...geez

posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    roflmao! .....

01-10-11 04:18 PM
    624 mhz is too slow. Blackberries are two, three, five years behind. Iphone 4 this and android that. I am very happy with my blackberry torch and I use to have a HTC Aria also I have never been happier with the switch. Why can't some of you people be happy with what you have? "Technology is wasted on the ****tiest generation...", "Everything is amazing and nobodies happy." Louie CK. This thread is not intended to make anybody angry its just an obeservation I have made. Finally I am far from jealous of other devices so keep those kinds of replies to yourself. Thanks.

No one is saying that you should hate your Torch, but you can't deny that BlackBerries aren't what they used to be. Putting a BlackBerry next to an Android phone and going down the list of specs is just pitiful.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're welcome to enjoy whatever smartphone you like, but you can't take offense to people who think differently.
    01-10-11 05:29 PM
    Everyone can has an opinion, but as long as you are happy with your device who cares what else is out there. I have a storm 1, and many would say that is a peice of crap but I love it. I would only use VZW, and the storm 2 is not much of a difference so I will wait (unpatiently) for a new device until i blow.

No one is saying that you should hate your Torch, but you can't deny that BlackBerries aren't what they used to be. Putting a BlackBerry next to an Android phone and going down the list of specs is just pitiful.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that you're welcome to enjoy whatever smartphone you like, but you can't take offense to people who think differently.
    01-10-11 05:52 PM
    Everyone can has an opinion, but as long as you are happy with your device who cares what else is out there. I have a storm 1, and many would say that is a peice of crap but I love it. I would only use VZW, and the storm 2 is not much of a difference so I will wait (unpatiently) for a new device until i blow.
    why wait? why not try something different? you have 30 days to test a phone right now and if not come back to the storm 1 which you think is all you need. no harm no foul
    01-10-11 06:13 PM
    I agree that I could try something new, but what is there? I have played with Android a few times and there are small things that really bug me. Ex: my room mates Android does not have good indicator light that continues to blink when he has an unread message. And when he is listening to online radio and a new message comes in it stops the music. On my storm i can listen to the same station and not have it stopped when i get a message. Also there is no other BB with a large screen. I can not image having to look at a small screen again.

why wait? why not try something different? you have 30 days to test a phone right now and if not come back to the storm 1 which you think is all you need. no harm no foul
    01-10-11 06:17 PM
    I just want to let everyone know I am LOVING my new Blackberry Bold 9780! LOVING IT! I've upgraded from a curve 8320, and after many years of wonderful use I couldn't be happier. My wife on the other hand goes with the fun phones but doesn't seem to have much fun with them after a few weeks. She now has the Motorola Defy and all her WOW factors have lost their WOW. Now it's more annoying than anything. Where as my 9780 is doing the same stuff I loved and even more stuff I am falling in love with. I see it like this, if Android was a girl she would be FREAKIN HOT! But dumb and useless. If Blackberry was a girl shed be the girl you could take home to your parents, shed cook, clean, raises the children and take your boots off after a hard days work. What a phone!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-10-11 06:49 PM
    I wish everyone could just get along & ENJOY the device they have chosen for THEMSELVES. Its just really upsetting to see everyone on this forum saying my android is better, bb is dead, and so on.
    We are all here TO HELP EACH OTHER people should choose the device that will FIT THEIR NEEDS. OP I'm not directing this post at you, I'm just so frustrated to see a load of these threads ALL the time now of who's device is better than the next. I understand everyone can't agree on everything, but jeez.
    I enjoy my bb because it works for me, its what I need.
    Yes and no. RIM was leapfrogged when the iPhone dropped. Other manufacturers and OS products followed with cool product. I think RIM has the best platform and device quality but fell behind in the �wow� factor and with most consumer type purchasers (including me as I like the touch screen with a full QWERTY, ala Torch, but I am stuck on VZ). This was announced or practically admitted by RIM senior management at CES (��we have been positioning ourselves for the next ten years.�) � without admitting the lag. I think they have been so focused on the PB that the handhelds fell behind. The next year or two will be slim pick�ns IMO. After which, maybe a QNX monster releases with enormous battery life on a 4G network.
    01-10-11 06:58 PM
    I see it like this, if Android was a girl she would be FREAKIN HOT! But dumb and useless. If Blackberry was a girl shed be the girl you could take home to your parents, shed cook, clean, raises the children and take your boots off after a hard days work. What a phone!
    This is freakin hilarious... LMAO. I guess I agree. LOL.
    01-10-11 07:10 PM
    I agree with Big el Golfer man...LMAO and ROTFL. Thread should have ended with Citizen Kane clapping..wiping the tears off now...
    01-10-11 07:23 PM
    Most of every single smartphone hasn't yet broken the pentium III/AMD Equivalent cpu speed barrier, so we shouldn't diss it all, after all, we carry (not all of us) 80186, 80286, 80386, 80486, P1 & P2 class cpu speed feature phones around that perform well, some record QVGA and VGA video, capture QVGA, VGA, 2/3/4/5/6/7/8mp photos, etc and they all work fine, haven't we noticed?

Most consumers don't give a flying fock about how fast their smart/phones are. As long as they have fine functioning devices, they couldn't give a shat what anybody else thinks. We are being brainwashed, only what we need, is what we should have.

I understand most of us don't want or don't mind carrying more than one device with us, it's what makes us different people. Heck, if I could get a very old GSM blackberry that has basic e-mail functions, I would. Maybe even a block phone with a new Li-ion battery pack. I couldn't care less. We take advantage of so much, what if it all went away? We would all be ******* screwed up the ***. Agree? Disagree? It's up to you.

01-10-11 09:21 PM
    The Beatles have been my favorite band since I was 6! Timeless.

As for getting tired of reading threads about switching and RIMs failure, what else is there to post about here? There *is nothing new from RIM to talk about (regarding phones). If there was this board would be discussing that.

We have no choice but to discuss RIMs lack of new phones and all the other new phones on different platforms.

Does Android have autotext? I do like that.

I was sooooo hoping to divert the BB bashing to a little Beatles bashing instead. How about the Bieber instead?
    01-10-11 09:43 PM
    I was sooooo hoping to divert the BB bashing to a little Beatles bashing instead. How about the Bieber instead?
    Bash the Beatles?? Are you INSANE?? Now Bieber is another story--commence bashing!
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-10-11 09:47 PM
    Most of every single smartphone hasn't yet broken the pentium III/AMD Equivalent cpu speed barrier, so we shouldn't diss it all, after all, we carry (not all of us) 80186, 80286, 80386, 80486, P1 & P2 class cpu speed feature phones around that perform well, some record QVGA and VGA video, capture QVGA, VGA, 2/3/4/5/6/7/8mp photos, etc and they all work fine, haven't we noticed?

Most consumers don't give a flying fock about how fast their smart/phones are. As long as they have fine functioning devices, they couldn't give a shat what anybody else thinks. We are being brainwashed, only what we need, is what we should have.

I understand most of us don't want or don't mind carrying more than one device with us, it's what makes us different people. Heck, if I could get a very old GSM blackberry that has basic e-mail functions, I would. Maybe even a block phone with a new Li-ion battery pack. I couldn't care less. We take advantage of so much, what if it all went away? We would all be ******* screwed up the ***. Agree? Disagree? It's up to you.

x86 is a totally different platform than ARM - not really comparable.

However, Microsoft has Windows 7 with Office running on ARM, so the processors obviously aren't as weak as you're making them out to be.

Consumers see the different when they look at competing products. When they see DLNA certified devices with 1GHz+ Processors that are DivX certified with large screens for browsing which can run several applications without slowing down, they notice it...

People around here sort of view Blackberries as expensive Feature Phones (even Feature Phones can install Opera Mini and get better browsing).

The Push Messaging features are nice, but the most popular Consumer Email services push Mail now (GMail/Hotmail ActiveSync, Yahoo has a Push Client for Android), You can get your IMs delivered via Push Notifications (Trillian, Beejive). Contacts and Calendars sync. I mean.

THAT is what made RIM phones good, and that's why people put up with them even though they've looked pretty long in the tooth for a long time. They are losing their advantage in that area, in addition to their hardware being... less than attractive to the majority of consumers.

If consumers didn't care, and BB was as good as most people said they are, they would not be shedding marketshare as fast as they are in markets where people can actually afford competing products. It would be going up since - as you insinuate - people would be measuring up their requirements and going with blackberries.

The simple fact is that making a long-term purchase is about more than what you need NOW. It's about what you need NOW, with some time for growth in usage.

That means getting a phone with more internal storage, a bigger screen, a real exchange client, a better camera with HD video recording, and more/better apps in the marketplace is a better decision for most people than getting a blackberry - and the market pretty much backs up that assessment.

Before I got my Galaxy S, I never thought I seen value on playing Music and Videos from my desktop computer while lying around in bed surfing the net. Now, I can't live without it. I didn't think HiDef video on a phone was that important, but there's no way I could go back to a QVGA screen, now. 720p 30 FPS video recording has become a baseline requirement for me. When you use less capable devices you become accustomed to not having those "value-add" features, but once you've used a high end smartphone for a while you realize just how convenient those capabilities are.
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-10-11 at 10:06 PM.
    howarmat and avt123 like this.
    01-10-11 10:03 PM
    its getting a little old
    You got that right. 2 or 3 years too old. Oops, I didn't mean to type that...
    01-10-11 10:17 PM
111 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD