i'll be happy when all the "i feel like i have to announce that im leaving BB for another device because somehow i think it'll will make a difference if i post my intentions" posts...there is a section for those leaving BB, so those people should post there instead of making all these stupid new threads...

with that said...im satisfied with my Torch...nothings perfect but its what i like...thumbs up to all the people who dont bash BB or iOS or android devices because they have a diff device....
    01-09-11 09:00 PM
    with that said...im satisfied with my Torch...nothings perfect but its what i like...thumbs up to all the people who dont bash BB or iOS or android devices because they have a diff device....
    What about those who bash BB/iOS/Android but are using and sticking with the platform they are bashing?
    01-09-11 09:02 PM
    It's cause they want it to improve.

Ever thought that people come here and bash BB because they actually want one.

They like the services, they like some of the perks (like BBM).

But the hardware is so disgustingly out-of-era that they simply cannot justify getting one and paying for a data plan for it?

It's not a secret that you get more bang for you buck on Android/iOS/WP7 devices (IRT what you pay for service). Most blackberries don't even benefit all that much from 3/3.5/4G internet speeds, TBQH.

Yes, if RIM had good smartphones a lot of these people bashing the current ones would probably actually have a RIM smartphone right now...

Sometimes the dissentment is a sign of disappointment, not simply pure hatred.

Yes, I bash Android too. If the platform has shortcomings, I won't turn a blind eye to it just because some other things work fine. Perfection is probably inachievable, but that doesn't mean one should not work towards it or expect those who make their devices and/or software to do just that.
    01-09-11 11:17 PM
    Thing is, RIM does have good smartphones. They may not be what Poster X or Poster Y want, but they may be exactly what Poster Q and Poster Z want. But just because they aren't what particular people want does not make them bad smartphones. It makes them inappropriate for you.

I had $100 to spend on a phone in December. I'd checked out the EVO, not just in the store, but my sister-in-law's phone and my... other sister-in-law's phone. Wow. They're really neat. I'd been wanting an EVO since they were first announced, and they were running a promotion at RadioShack for the EVO at $99. I'd considered switching my plan so that I wouldn't have a higher monthly bill with that 4G add-on. Wow, I should have been so excited, and I briefly toyed with getting this wicked cool phone.

I didn't. I chose to get the Style. I don't want a touchscreen. Been there, done that. I don't want a slider. Been there, done that. Honestly, I want a smartphone that is, above all else, a phone, then one that can email and message and serve as a PDA and read documents and do a lot of things. Browser's on my list, but not up near the top. Media's nice, but for the amount I use, my Style is just great. Also, honestly, I want a phone I can just toss in my purse or pocket and not have to worry about it. Some might say that RIM has gone backwards several steps with this phone. I disagree. It is a form factor that many people still love, and that many people have hoped for. I was so excited to be able to get the smartphone I want in the form factor I love. And really, why should people who love clamshells be left out?

I'm not going to go to Android's forums and bash Android, even though I've heard plenty of horror stories from Android users. I'm not going to go bash them because I had a chance to get an Android and went with BlackBerry, or that people I know chose RIM over Android. Notably, while their wives have these EVOs, my brothers both have BBs. They have them because, while both of them can afford pretty much any phone they want, they appreciate the reliability of the BlackBerry phones. They appreciate the call quality. Does that mean that Android sucks? No. It just means that Android doesn't make the kind of phones they want or need or feel they can rely on.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and bashing. I wish there were far more of the former on these forums and far less of the latter.
    BBMINI likes this.
    01-10-11 01:35 AM
    You hit the nail on the head: It comes down to what your goals are, and what you're able to put up with to achieve it, fully. For some, it's Blackberry; while others will choose Android or iOS; maybe Windows Phone 7 as some have done, already. I think Kevin's article on the hierarchy of needs is a must read.
    01-10-11 01:52 AM
    is the information on your Blackberry a matter of national security?
    Yes, it is a top priority of the nation of middbrew to keep its information secure from anyone accessing it.
    01-10-11 05:56 AM
    is the information on your Blackberry a matter of national security?
    Yes it is. Thank you very much.
    01-10-11 06:56 AM
    Nooooo....give me the Beatles. Sucks that you weren't around when they were, is all. The Beatles were a phenomenon the likes of which I doubt we'll see again. I think nearly everyone on the planet watched them on the Ed Sullivan show, but we couldn't hear them for all the screaming girls.
    The Beatles have been my favorite band since I was 6! Timeless.

As for getting tired of reading threads about switching and RIMs failure, what else is there to post about here? There *is nothing new from RIM to talk about (regarding phones). If there was this board would be discussing that.

We have no choice but to discuss RIMs lack of new phones and all the other new phones on different platforms.

Does Android have autotext? I do like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-11 06:59 AM
    The Beatles have been my favorite band since I was 6! Timeless.

As for getting tired of reading threads about switching and RIMs failure, what else is there to post about here? There *is nothing new from RIM to talk about (regarding phones). If there was this board would be discussing that.

We have no choice but to discuss RIMs lack of new phones and all the other new phones on different platforms.

Does Android have autotext? I do like that.

Incorrect. This board is currently full of pessimists who would be bashing the new phone (even if it has 800MHz) saying it was too slow, too little too late, didn't have a good enough pixel density on the screen and didn't have 4.5G.
    01-10-11 07:04 AM
    But at least it would be BlackBerry discussion. And that happens with any new BlackBerry released. Because we come on here for help with BlackBerry phones. That's what most of the threads are really. Asking for help and advice. That's a good thing.

01-10-11 07:22 AM
    What about those who bash BB/iOS/Android but are using and sticking with the platform they are bashing?
    idk what to say about that...I mean if someone bashes something they have spent money on but want to keep then that's on them...I just don't like the over the top people who make posts like "oh everybody should switch to android, I have one" or "that's it I'm ditching my berry for an iphone because BB sux"...there is a section for people to post these things! Why continuously make new posts about it?
    01-10-11 07:22 AM
    I think it just seems like a lot because there are a lot of people feeling the same way and they are all posting about it. And hey, the mods aren't locking the threads.

01-10-11 07:26 AM
    I have been a customer of RIM since late 1990s. I believe many folks in this thread have hit the nail on the head. Like them, there would be incredibly positive, optismistic discussion if RIM would present a timeline on when there loyal customer could expect a competitive smartphone. There would be rich discussion on the new and competitive BB smartphones if there were any. This has been a huge inflection point in RIM's history where they are woefully behind the competition. They lost 4% marketshare last quarter and will probably lose more. I am surrounded by very faithful BB users at work but our frustration of being limited in what we can do by our BB's is increasing. We had looked forward to RIM making any kind of substative announcement at CES on their smartphone strategy and timeline expectations, but nothing was really stated. The Playbook looks very impressive and we will try those out but the smartphone is what everyone really depends on. IMO.
    01-10-11 07:52 AM
    I have been a customer of RIM since late 1990s. I believe many folks in this thread have hit the nail on the head. Like them, there would be incredibly positive, optismistic discussion if RIM would present a timeline on when there loyal customer could expect a competitive smartphone. There would be rich discussion on the new and competitive BB smartphones if there were any. This has been a huge inflection point in RIM's history where they are woefully behind the competition. They lost 4% marketshare last quarter and will probably lose more. I am surrounded by very faithful BB users at work but our frustration of being limited in what we can do by our BB's is increasing. We had looked forward to RIM making any kind of substative announcement at CES on their smartphone strategy and timeline expectations, but nothing was really stated. The Playbook looks very impressive and we will try those out but the smartphone is what everyone really depends on. IMO.
    I believe a statement on when we'd see higher end specs start to trickle into smartphone is what we were all looking for from CES, however RIM has become about as secretive as Apple, and so I'm not surprised we didn't see anything beyond Lazaridis's comments about future "super phones" being "planned" - I have faith that RIM are up to something, which will bring BlackBerry more into line with what people are looking for (at least 800MHz, if not more.) and that we'll see QNX, but when we do, it will be done right.

Those who are saying "I hope it's in 3 months or I'm leaving!!!" should just leave now, RIM aren't going to rush some crapp* arse product out the door with horrific battery life just because everyone wants it, when they can do it right, they will, and it'll kick arse, but until then we won't see it. That's how it's always been, from Bluetooth to WiFi to 3G to touchscreens, and I have a feeling that's how it'll continue to be.
    01-10-11 08:44 AM
    That's about 35% of posters! Seriously, the only people I've put on "ignore" are those who have repeatedly demonstrated persistent rudeness. There's just four people on my list, and only three of them are currently active here. If someone just disagrees with me on a regular basis, I don't find that's sufficient reason to ignore them.
    I put zero people on ignore, and am Glad I don't some people I have really looked at putting on ignore in the past have changed into some much better posters due to the large debates we have here,
    that said, I bet if we look at the top 50 active posters on this board excluding moderators, and Off Topic, a good portion of those are no longer BB carriers,
    there are quite a few posters who I've never read a single positive thing from, nor a helpful comment from, but there is always hope.
    01-10-11 09:25 AM
    I put zero people on ignore, and am Glad I don't some people I have really looked at putting on ignore in the past have changed into some much better posters due to the large debates we have here,
    that said, I bet if we look at the top 50 active posters on this board excluding moderators, and Off Topic, a good portion of those are no longer BB carriers,
    there are quite a few posters who I've never read a single positive thing from, nor a helpful comment from, but there is always hope.
    ah, I had said that those on my short list are PERSISTENTLY rude. That means they haven't changed into "better posters", regardless of the threads they've been engaged in lately. I've no desire to ignore someone who simply doesn't agree with me. If that were the case, I'd have half of CB on "ignore".
    01-10-11 09:47 AM
    So so so tired of these posts. Move on or stop complaining.

vailjo91 and homer1475 like this.
    01-10-11 10:10 AM
    I wish everyone could just get along & ENJOY the device they have chosen for THEMSELVES. Its just really upsetting to see everyone on this forum saying my android is better, bb is dead, and so on.
    We are all here TO HELP EACH OTHER people should choose the device that will FIT THEIR NEEDS. OP I'm not directing this post at you, I'm just so frustrated to see a load of these threads ALL the time now of who's device is better than the next. I understand everyone can't agree on everything, but jeez.
    I enjoy my bb because it works for me, its what I need.

I think you went ahead and put this the best. The truth of the matter is if people would realize they picked the device for them selves and learn to research we wouldnt have this problem.
    01-10-11 10:21 AM
    I think you went ahead and put this the best. The truth of the matter is if people would realize they picked the device for them selves and learn to research we wouldnt have this problem.
    thank you. Annd I agree, if more research was done to what he/she needs from their device, I think everyone would be much happier.

01-10-11 10:41 AM
    I believe a statement on when we'd see higher end specs start to trickle into smartphone is what we were all looking for from CES, however RIM has become about as secretive as Apple, and so I'm not surprised we didn't see anything beyond Lazaridis's comments about future "super phones" being "planned" - I have faith that RIM are up to something, which will bring BlackBerry more into line with what people are looking for (at least 800MHz, if not more.) and that we'll see QNX, but when we do, it will be done right.

Those who are saying "I hope it's in 3 months or I'm leaving!!!" should just leave now, RIM aren't going to rush some crapp* arse product out the door with horrific battery life just because everyone wants it, when they can do it right, they will, and it'll kick arse, but until then we won't see it. That's how it's always been, from Bluetooth to WiFi to 3G to touchscreens, and I have a feeling that's how it'll continue to be.
    Storm 1, Tour ring any bells? How about all the crappy OSs that RIM puts out? Two OSs for the Tour caused fatal errors. RIM isn't perfecting anything; they jusy have nothing to release.

01-10-11 11:25 AM
    So so so tired of these posts. Move on or stop complaining.

This is what I don't get. Why are you reading them then? You are under no obligation to read every thread on CrackBerry. I like reading the debates, news and comparisons. If those things annoyed me so much I just wouldn't read them.

lssanjose likes this.
    01-10-11 11:27 AM
    You know, as tiring as reading 20 pages is, I definitely learned a lot from reading it - even whatever drivel I came across
    01-10-11 11:33 AM
    This is what I don't get. Why are you reading them then? You are under no obligation to read every thread on CrackBerry. I like reading the debates, news and comparisons. If those things annoyed me so much I just wouldn't read them.

Many people do not understand this concept and they get even more upset once they read the thread.
    01-10-11 11:34 AM
    It's the same as when the S1 was released. Lots of talk about the bugs/issues. And some people got so mad and defended their "flawless" Storms and bashed those "complaining" about it. Same cycle here.

I want to stay with BlackBerry. All they need to do is release something or announce something on VZW.

01-10-11 11:38 AM
    The issue I have isn't the debates, it's the people who complain about the same thing over and over and over in thousands of posts. Is there something new to add? If not then understand people will grow annoyed with your need to repeat your grievances while you do nothing to improve your situation.
    01-10-11 11:47 AM
111 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD