624 mhz is too slow. Blackberries are two, three, five years behind. Iphone 4 this and android that. I am very happy with my blackberry torch and I use to have a HTC Aria also I have never been happier with the switch. Why can't some of you people be happy with what you have? "Technology is wasted on the ****tiest generation...", "Everything is amazing and nobodies happy." Louie CK. This thread is not intended to make anybody angry its just an obeservation I have made. Finally I am far from jealous of other devices so keep those kinds of replies to yourself. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-11 01:43 PM
    I'm happy with the performance of my Curve.

01-09-11 01:50 PM
    624 mhz is too slow. Blackberries are two, three, five years behind. Iphone 4 this and android that. I am very happy with my blackberry torch and I use to have a HTC Aria also I have never been happier with the switch. Why can't some of you people be happy with what you have? "Technology is wasted on the ****tiest generation...", "Everything is amazing and nobodies happy." Louie CK. This thread is not intended to make anybody angry its just an obeservation I have made. Finally I am far from jealous of other devices so keep those kinds of replies to yourself. Thanks.

I've gotta agree with you here. Im a big RIM fan but more importantly I'm just a huge gadget geek and enjoy reading about the latest and greatest tech news. I really do get a chuckle when I visit forums and witness people just bashing eachothers devices and claiming theirs is the be all end all device. I too own a torch and love what it does for me. Sure, an android or Iphone may do a few things better than my Torch but thats okay...I can live with that. I just find it funny when people automatically think their phone is the best when it truly is a subjective argument. I guess thats what keeps me coming back to reading peoples comments on forums..... it really is entertaining
    01-09-11 02:05 PM
    I love my new BB Style... Its small but decent size screen, nice keyboard, and its stable.... Battery leaves a bit to be desired but I can deal with that over a Android like my wifes that freezes and crashes...

01-09-11 02:15 PM

You sound rather defensive! I got it--you like your BB. that's cool.
    01-09-11 03:02 PM
    I love my new BB Style... Its small but decent size screen, nice keyboard, and its stable.... Battery leaves a bit to be desired but I can deal with that over a Android like my wifes that freezes and crashes...

+1 I was strongly considering a EVO or EPIC when I up graded to my Style. In the end, I could not justify paying a 4g premium and $200.00 for a phone.

I really liked my Curve 8330 if fit what I needed it for. So the Style (to me) is a very nice upgrade that fits even better what I want my phone to do!
    01-09-11 03:11 PM
    I wish everyone could just get along & ENJOY the device they have chosen for THEMSELVES. Its just really upsetting to see everyone on this forum saying my android is better, bb is dead, and so on.
    We are all here TO HELP EACH OTHER people should choose the device that will FIT THEIR NEEDS. OP I'm not directing this post at you, I'm just so frustrated to see a load of these threads ALL the time now of who's device is better than the next. I understand everyone can't agree on everything, but jeez.
    I enjoy my bb because it works for me, its what I need.
    Last edited by P1nkD1am0nds; 01-09-11 at 06:04 PM.
    01-09-11 03:23 PM

A lot of people are happy with what they have. Many people are just citing their frustration with RIM. We are former BB users and RIM fans as well. We want them to continue to innovate, advance and stay aware of what is going on. Over the past 2 years, it seems as if they lost sight of what is happening around them. That is the reason why many of us left and moved to something that was offering more features and better hardware for the same price as RIM offerings that are already outdated before the device is even announced. Refreshes **** people off and that is why you see a lot of RIM hate. RIM putting out low end devices does not help improve the competition. Another reason why people are mad. They want RIM to reman competitive, and it doesn't look like they are right now.

It does get old though. But, it is an open forum and their is nothing you can do about it. Just put the users who are constantly bashing RIM or your device on your ignore list.
    Last edited by avt123; 01-09-11 at 03:34 PM.
    01-09-11 03:29 PM
    A lot of people are happy with what they have. Many people are just citing their frustration with RIM. We are former BB users and RIM fans as well. We want them to continue to innovate, advance and stay aware of what is going on. Over the past 2 years, it seems as if they lost sight of what is happening around them. That is the reason why many of us left and moved to something that was offering more features and better hardware for the same price as RIM offerings that are already outdated before the device is even announced. Refreshed **** people off and that is why you see a lot of RIM hate. RIM putting out low end devices does not help improve the competition. Another reason why people are mad. They want RIM to reman competitive, and it doesn't look like they are right now.

It does get old though. But, it is an open forum and their is nothing you can do about it. Just put the users who are constantly bashing RIM or your device on your ignore list.
    That's about 35% of posters! Seriously, the only people I've put on "ignore" are those who have repeatedly demonstrated persistent rudeness. There's just four people on my list, and only three of them are currently active here. If someone just disagrees with me on a regular basis, I don't find that's sufficient reason to ignore them.
    01-09-11 03:37 PM

I completely agree. We all like our phones because we like our phones. If you don't like what I have, so what. If you don't like what YOU have, then get something else. I like what I like not because I think it's the cat's a$$ and everything else sucks, but because it works best for ME and what I do with it, and I know I'm not alone. Please just understand that I have my preferences and you have yours.

If the spec sheet is what drives you, well, a BB probably isn't for you. Get one that has the latest and greatest tech specs and I hope you're happy. But for God's sakes, quit telling me that I'm a fanboi and my phone sucks just because you don't happen to like it.

And one nore thing - people need to remember that RIM hasn't been in business as long as they have or been as successful as they are by being stupid and unresponsive to their customers. What you think they should do isn't what got them where they are today, and it surely isn't what's going to get them where their going. They have a target audience to which they focus their product lines; their mission is not to be all things to all people. If you think you're being left out, there's a ton of alternatives out there for you to pick from. Find what you like, and leave us to quietly and contently wallow in our obsolescence.

01-09-11 04:14 PM
    Some folks may throw garbage, tomatoes, and empty Pepsi cans at me when I say I am quite content with my Storm 2 - if another Storm was to come along with a good improvement then sure, I'll jump on board. For now I am satisfied with my S2.

Yeah the bells and whistles are not aaaall there, but.......it just fits me and I'm happy.
    01-09-11 04:24 PM
    I don't need bells and whistles. I just want a good browser, emails that aren't truncated, less bugs and a bigger screen.

01-09-11 04:31 PM

I was just saying the same thing the other day to a friend of mine. Technology is being wasted on the ****tiest generation, lol. How do I ever make it through my day in my business with only my lowly Storm 2 ; )

Seriously though, Today I got to see one of my drum instructors with his LG based android device. He was on youtube following a master drummer's technique. It was pretty cool. I actually manage a guitar shop and use my BB for a ton of email (5 accounts), SMS & BBM employees, communication with boss, photos, Videos, ebay, craigslist, UPS and Docs to go. For personal its Facebook, Music library, email, sms, communication, banking, tip calc, photos etc. The only real week link is the browser, but at work I'm on my laptop so the point is moot. I am however, considering getting a playbook. It seems right up my alley.
    01-09-11 05:03 PM
    I don't need bells and whistles. I just want a good browser, emails that aren't truncated, less bugs and a bigger screen.

I'll drink to that!
    01-09-11 05:04 PM
    Amen! If a person doesn't like BBs, who cares? If you prefer an Iphone or an Android, who cares? Grow up or go whine somewhere else!

01-09-11 05:29 PM
    I hail you OP. I have a Curve 8520, sure the camera is a bit weak, but apart from that, I find it for me to be a productivity powerhouse. Therefore I've invested in BB accessories, and am investing in a Playbook. If you're happy with what you have, but desire a little bit more, see if BB accessories will fill that gap. If they won't fill the gap, then jump to another platform that does. The only issue I haven't been able to resolve with accessories is the rubbish camera without flash (the Playbook semi-addresses that, still no flash though!)
    01-09-11 05:36 PM
    Iphone 4 this and android that.
    I will not pay over $50 for a toy. Even if it's called an iPhone.
    And I will not endorse anything Steve Jobs makes. He's making electronics, but he thinks he's inventing a religion and a way of life.
    Last edited by agp423; 01-09-11 at 06:09 PM.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-09-11 05:40 PM
    I will not pay over $50 for a toy. Even if it's called an iPhone.
    And I will not endorse anything Steve Jobs makes. He's making electronics, but he thinks he's inventing a religion and a way of life.
    I agree. I will not buy into the attempt at electronic Beatlemania.
    Ferretling likes this.
    01-09-11 05:57 PM
    Lots of people are burying their heads in the sand in this forum. By the way, 624mhz IS too slow for a processor with today's technology.
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    01-09-11 06:22 PM
    I will not pay over $50 for a toy.
    then I guess you don't have many toys!
    01-09-11 07:07 PM
    I agree. I will not buy into the attempt at electronic Beatlemania.
    It sure gives me the creeps to see that life-sized, 50 year old, black and white photo of the Beatles in the Apple store front. What's so hip about that? Gimme the Black-eyed Peas!
    01-09-11 07:27 PM
    It sure gives me the creeps to see that life-sized, 50 year old, black and white photo of the Beatles in the Apple store front. What's so hip about that? Gimme the Black-eyed Peas!
    Nooooo....give me the Beatles. Sucks that you weren't around when they were, is all. The Beatles were a phenomenon the likes of which I doubt we'll see again. I think nearly everyone on the planet watched them on the Ed Sullivan show, but we couldn't hear them for all the screaming girls.
    01-09-11 08:17 PM
    I dont care if someone likes or dislikes my choice of phone. When I stop liking it, I'll venture to another.
    itsdollar likes this.
    01-09-11 08:17 PM
    People who jump ship do it because the BB is not what they want. Those of us that stay or return do so because it's what we want.

iPhone is a toy imo, and whilst I like android, it doesn't meet my needs.

Apple wants everyone to have an iPhone. RIM makes their products the way they do a certain percentage of the market like the devices they release.

Maybe I should be going to iphone forums and tell them how glad i am to be off one and back on a BB?

It's choice, but this is crackberry.com and a blackberry forum for the most part. I don't see what slagging off the device that makes this awesome site possible achieves.

The biggest selling point on the BB for me? Security, and no other device can hold a candle to it.
    01-09-11 08:52 PM
    The biggest selling point on the BB for me? Security, and no other device can hold a candle to it.
    is the information on your Blackberry a matter of national security?
    01-09-11 08:58 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD