from my LG Chocolate. When I try to send from the Chocolate, it says I need to check the Bluetooth status on the BB (I've checked, it's paired)....

I read a thread on here stating that the BB has to initiate the transfer. So, I selected transfer contacts from my BB, but it transfers TO the Chocolate...

Lastly, I tried to start with the transfer from the BB and then hit transfer on the Chocolate... I get a message on the BB saying that it can't locate the Object Push....

Help please...I don't want to key my contacts all over again
    04-22-10 09:15 PM
    I recharged my old 8830 and paired it with my 9630 to see if I could transfer contacts from one to the other. I enabled Contacts Transfer (All Entries) on both the 8830 and the 9630. Unfortunately I got the same error message you got about not being able to locate Object Push.

I checked the 9630 User Guide. It has extensive information about using Bluetooth to exchange Media files. The only information about sharing contacts tells how to transfer contacts to a Bluetooth enabled car kit. There is nothing in the documentation to indicate Contacts can be exchanged between BlackBerry devices, or between a BlackBerry and another smartphone.

Finally I found this in the Troubleshooting section:
    I cannot share contacts with a paired Bluetooth enabled device
    Try performing the following actions:
    • Verify that Bluetooth technology is turned on.
    • Verify that your BlackBerry device is paired with the Bluetooth enabled device.
    • Verify that, in the Bluetooth options, the Contacts Transfer field is not set to Disabled.
    • Verify that your BlackBerry device is connected to a Bluetooth enabled device that supports the Handsfree profile or the Object Push profile. For more information about supported profiles, see the documentation that came with the Bluetooth enabled device.
    While both the 9630 and the 8830 support the Handsfree profile, neither support the Object Push profile. That seems to be the answer. RIM (or Verizon, I don't know which), does not support the full suite of possible Bluetooth capabilities.

I'm sorry, but it does not appear possible to exchange your contacts using Bluetooth. I'll be happy to be proven wrong by someone who can show how they did it.
    05-01-10 10:38 PM
    I was able to transfer contacts from my Tour to my TomTom gps. It appears that BB's do NOT contain "whatever" is necessary to allow contact transfer between them.
    05-02-10 09:06 AM
    I was able to transfer contacts from my Tour to my TomTom gps. It appears that BB's do NOT contain "whatever" is necessary to allow contact transfer between them.
    The original question was how to transfer from another phone to a BlackBerry. Have you tried that? I don't have a non-BlackBerry available for a test.
    05-02-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD