Everyone is making a big stink about the lack of quality phones, apps and a half baked tablet. I'm not sure why i'm so loyal to bb, it's not like they are paying me to stick around, but all the other platforms just annoy me. With that being said, I was ready to chuck my bb out the window the other day, it was the second time I recieved an important email and I couldn't file it away in one of my subfolders because BIS does not offer full IMAP support. I use yahoo and I had to get up from where I was and get on a compute to file an email, who does that these days? why am I paying for a BIS plan. And why is this tolerated!!

[B]can someone please explain why BIS can't do this or why RIM won't implement this? I NEED FULL IMAP to stay, simple request!!!

PS... and NO i'm not going to go buy BES

sincerely,

annoyed!
    07-13-11 11:09 AM
    Everyone is making a big stink about the lack of quality phones, apps and a half baked tablet. I'm not sure why i'm so loyal to bb, it's not like they are paying me to stick around, but all the other platforms just annoy me. With that being said, I was ready to chuck my bb out the window the other day, it was the second time I recieved an important email and I couldn't file it away in one of my subfolders because BIS does not offer full IMAP support. I use yahoo and I had to get up from where I was and get on a compute to file an email, who does that these days? why am I paying for a BIS plan. And why is this tolerated!!

[B]can someone please explain why BIS can't do this or why RIM won't implement this? I NEED FULL IMAP to stay, simple request!!!

sincerely,

annoyed!
    Have a look at Logicmail app, I use it as backup or for when I need older emails.

PS BIS gives you instant push email for up to 10 email accounts, that's what you really pay for. And BBM, and instant push notifications for social media and other IM clients, it's not just email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 11:14 AM
  3. T
    It's not an unreasonable thing to have on your wish list. I myself wish RIM would bring back the "Do Not Disturb," but I'd venture to guess you'd probably get your IMAP wish before I ever get "Do Not Disturb" back. I myself set BIS to push about six email accounts to my BlackBerry, and I almost never go to the computer to check emails. I never was one for filing them either. I just delete them from the device and/or account using my Blackerry. If it's important enough to save on the computer, I leave it in the email account's inbox on my computer. If it's important enough to save on my device, I just save it in saved emails. I can always run the search feature with ease and find it without the need for folders.
    07-13-11 11:16 AM

can someone please explain why BIS can't do this or why RIM won't implement this? I NEED FULL IMAP to stay, simple request!!!

sincerely,

annoyed!
    Calm down. You.Can.Stay. Just download the Yahoo mobile app, and you will be
    able to use your subfolders on your BlackBerry.

Yahoo! Mail for BlackBerry
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 07-13-11 at 02:25 PM.
    07-13-11 12:25 PM
    the yahoo mobile app just launches the bis setup
    07-13-11 01:25 PM
    Being a fan of IMAP and server-side Email filtering (for all the mailing lists I'm on), I was just as frustrated as san4berry when I got my first BlackBerry. (It was a 7105t at the time.) This was also before iPhone or Android even existed, of course. That's why I decided to do something constructive about it, and began working on LogicMail. I'm amazed at how far that project has come, actually. (My only regret being that v2.0 took way too long due to it being a side-project and not my full-time job.)
    07-13-11 01:44 PM
    Being a fan of IMAP and server-side Email filtering (for all the mailing lists I'm on), I was just as frustrated as san4berry when I got my first BlackBerry. (It was a 7105t at the time.) This was also before iPhone or Android even existed, of course. That's why I decided to do something constructive about it, and began working on LogicMail. I'm amazed at how far that project has come, actually. (My only regret being that v2.0 took way too long due to it being a side-project and not my full-time job.)
    Did you make Logicmail? Dude, respect!!!!! And thank you!!!

07-13-11 02:06 PM
    the yahoo mobile app just launches the bis setup
    Try using m.yahoo.com to get your subfolders.

Last edited by TequilaAddict; 07-13-11 at 02:19 PM.
    07-13-11 02:08 PM
    If you want a shortcut to your Yahoo email, you can download the launcher and open your email with one click on your BlackBerry:

BlackBerry | Think One Zero

07-13-11 02:54 PM
    ya, I get there are work arounds, and I will use them but it's just frustrating it's not baked in already.
    07-13-11 03:09 PM
    I'm irritated that even on OS 6 you still can't open and view an HTML file that is attached to an email. One of our vendors always sends their quotes as HTML files, and the Blackberry email app always makes you view it as a text file.
    07-13-11 03:10 PM
    I share the frustration with BIS. My main work around is my iPad.
    07-13-11 03:11 PM
    I'm on OS 5. The yahoo mobile site gives me a link to view the full html email. You say that OS 6 does not allow the same?

07-13-11 03:26 PM
    ya, I get there are work arounds, and I will use them but it's just frustrating it's not baked in already.
    Oh well, I thought this solution would help ease your frustration. It makes my mobile life easier!

07-13-11 03:29 PM
    I'm irritated that even on OS 6 you still can't open and view an HTML file that is attached to an email. One of our vendors always sends their quotes as HTML files, and the Blackberry email app always makes you view it as a text file.
    Does it give you the information you need though?

07-13-11 04:13 PM
    I don't know why anybody still files emails, there's only so much filing you can do before there's too many of them and you have to resort to searching anyway. And universal search is pretty amazing in OS6, or just email search in messages folder. When in messages just press S and type your search, it will search as you type.

07-13-11 04:17 PM
    Does it give you the information you need though?
    Only if you're an expert at reading HTML code. Otherwise it's totally useless. What makes it even sadder is that a coworker of mine with an iPhone 3GS can open those same HTML attachments just fine.
    07-13-11 04:29 PM
    Only if you're an expert at reading HTML code. Otherwise it's totally useless. What makes it even sadder is that a coworker of mine with an iPhone 3GS can open those same HTML attachments just fine.
    Can docs to go open them? You can send one to my pin and I'll try it for you.

07-13-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD