I'm just curious if many people out there own an IPOD touch to go along with their blackberry. I have a 9810 and wanted to know if there is any reason to own both.
    12-24-11 06:45 PM
    I used to have an iPod touch and a BlackBerry before I got the iPhone. It depends what you use it for. Many qualities would be shared, such as listening to music and watching movies. In my opinion, the iPod would be better for Internet, but some would argue differently. Of course you don't get 3G unless you have tethering. If you play a lot of games the iPod is far superior.
    12-24-11 07:00 PM
    I'm just curious if many people out there own an IPOD touch to go along with their blackberry. I have a 9810 and wanted to know if there is any reason to own both.
    Well, according to many here at CrackBerry, a BlackBerry and an iPod touch is the best possible combination of devices for BlackBerry users. You can still have access to all of iTunes music store, the apps found on iTunes that aren't in App World, and you get the best of BlackBerry mobile services. Seems like a good combo to me.
    12-24-11 07:09 PM
    I used to us my ipod touch all the time with my blackberry then I bricked my ipod touch. One of the updates would erase all your music from it. ( a few releases back) anyway after finally fixing that it took a number of tries to recover the touch. I got it going again and managed to do the same thing to it.
    I gave up. Its sitting in a drawer somewhere. I know I can fix it but I'm used to just listening to tunes on my 9790 now and I can sync it with my library anyways.
    12-24-11 08:17 PM
    idk...ive never been a mobile gamer myself and if i do i have my 3DS..maybe one could argue for the music aspect but you can put all the music you have in your iTunes on your BB so i dont know why people would carry around both.... isnt an iPod Touch just an iPhone that cant make calls??
    12-24-11 08:40 PM
    I love the iPod touch and blackberry combo but blackberry has been letting me down lately.. Even as I type this on my touch I'm getting used to the keyboard every day. I love Blackberry and what the device stands for been a avid user since 2007.. I just feel that blackberry haven't been innovative enough and my iPod touch can do so much more! So I'm gonna leave blackberry for a while and check out windows mobile ( Nokia lumia 710) to be exact and see what they have to offer.. I don't feel that I need an iPhone just cause I have my touch and it's giving me what iOS has to offer in my opinion!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    12-24-11 09:11 PM
    I bought my ipod touch before I purchased a smart phone. I still like it and use it for music and some movies, but it always reminds me why I don't want an Iphone. Like by Blackberry and don't plan on changing. I like having both, a toy and a communication device
    12-24-11 09:41 PM
    I have an iPod Touch and iPad to go along with my 9930. Work perfectly together
    12-24-11 10:28 PM
    i have an ipod touch along with a 9700 and my playbook (and a nokia n8).

i use the ipod touch primarily for the two apps that i can't get on my playbook -- skype and google voice.

there are some other "nice to have apps" on my ipod touch like my particular bank's app; paypal; and i'm currently trying out evernote's hello app (which, btw, seems pretty cool) but aside from that, i don't really use it that much out here. my nokia n8 is my primary phone/music player/camera and is with me more than all the others.

if my playbook had those key/killer apps like skype, i wouldn't even own this ipod touch. everything i need/want would be between my communications device (9700) and my consumption device (playbook).

now, that all said, i am toying with the idea of getting an iphone when i return stateside as an all-in-one device to serve the needs my two blackberry devices currently fill...but just like everyone is unique, everyone's needs are unique and no one device or one method of doing things works exactly the same for everyone.
    azrin640 likes this.
    12-25-11 07:20 AM
    I mainly use my itouch for facetime and games with occasional surfing the internet while laying in bed.
    Love the combo but my berry gets 98% of the love in that combo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    12-25-11 08:52 AM
    I have the 9900, an iPad and an iPod Touch. Love the combo!
    12-25-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD