I don't check very often, but I saw a tweet from someone regarding the number of iPhones put up for sale today on Kijiji. I went on my local area, and there are TONS of them thrown up. Anyone else noticing a trend here or are there usually that many posted in one day?
    02-04-13 03:58 PM
    One I saw from Winnipeg specifically requesting someone buy their iphone5 so they can get a Z10. Loved it.

edit: to add link. iPhone 5 trade for blackberry 10 - Winnipeg Phones, PDAs, iPods For Sale - Kijiji Winnipeg Canada.
    02-04-13 04:12 PM
    One I saw from Winnipeg specifically requesting someone buy their iphone5 so they can get a Z10. Loved it.

edit: to add link. iPhone 5 trade for blackberry 10 - Winnipeg Phones, PDAs, iPods For Sale - Kijiji Winnipeg Canada.
    Lol. That may be me in a little while. I'm dying to have a Z10, but currently, it just makes sense to stay on the iPhone. Kind of wished my hand wasn't "forced" back in November to switch to iPhone. Oh well.
    02-04-13 04:29 PM
    Crap! This is going to make it very difficult to sell my iphone
    02-04-13 04:48 PM
    Crap! This is going to make it very difficult to sell my iphone
    I don't have one but that's exactly what I was thinking...lol. It's like trying to sell an old tv after boxing day... hahaha
    02-04-13 04:49 PM
    Now that i looked, there are a TON for sale in the Hamilton, ON kijiji. Most posted today. Crap. I didn't pay much for mine so ill sell it off cheap
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 04:55 PM
    There are 6 posted up within the last 40 minutes here...
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 05:03 PM
    The CB crew should make this news frontpage!
    02-04-13 05:08 PM
    Nine pages of them out here....Alberta
    jesse_h likes this.
    02-04-13 05:12 PM
    While this isn't *bad* news, it's not really *good* news unless we have a baseline to compare it to. I don't really scan kijiji for the iphone ads so I have no idea.
    02-04-13 05:20 PM
    I posted my iPhone on Kijiji in Ontario (I even said I would trade for a Z10!) but no takers. I actually took it down so I can wait till all the iPhones are sold (or people are going to have to lower their price).
    02-04-13 05:27 PM

If you read his description, it's pretty funny:
    Hi I would like to trade my iPhone five for a BlackBerry 10 device my iPhone is only two weeks old and unfortunately the BlackBerry was not out yet if I knew the BlackBerry was coming out I would have grabbed that instead please contact me if you are interested it is a white 16 GB iPhone five for Rogers meant condition and also have a OtterBox have charger and headphones headphones are unused
    cjcampbell and DJRikko like this.
    02-04-13 05:29 PM
    I posted my iPhone on Kijiji in Ontario (I even said I would trade for a Z10!) but no takers. I actually took it down so I can wait till all the iPhones are sold (or people are going to have to lower their price).
    Keep your ad up. I'm sure there'll be more than a handful who expected too much or are too incompetent to learn how the z10 works.

Then again, iPhones have lost their lustre. But I would still keep that ad up.
    02-04-13 06:05 PM
    If you read his description, it's pretty funny:
    Hi I would like to trade my iPhone five for a BlackBerry 10 device my iPhone is only two weeks old and unfortunately the BlackBerry was not out yet if I knew the BlackBerry was coming out I would have grabbed that instead please contact me if you are interested it is a white 16 GB iPhone five for Rogers meant condition and also have a OtterBox have charger and headphones headphones are unused
    Just goes to show how very few people know what's going on in the tech world. CB, Android Central, iMore, we're all tech geeks/wannabes that know WAY more than the general population.

With the seller not knowing about BB10, it only means him and his friends really thought RIM was dead. BlackBerry needs to hit the marketing side hard to change this perception.
    02-04-13 06:08 PM
    meant conditions
    lol and no punctuation
    He better use that z10 keyboard well.
    cjcampbell and jesse_h like this.
    02-04-13 06:14 PM
    I bought a new iPhone 5 32Gig off kijiji for my wife two weeks ago, payed $420 CDN. The guy bought it but could not use it for work (company policy). Mine was the highest offer he got.

My iPhone 4 will not fetch any more than $100 in Canada, but I can still sell it in Thailand (going there in 3 days) for $200-250. I will actually make money by upgrading to Z10.
    416to604 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:01 PM
    I can probably find a cheap iPhone5 for my wife, so that's good news for me. I really wish she would make the switch to BB, but I don't see that happening.
    02-04-13 07:59 PM
    Just did a local search. There is tons of ads like this

iPhone's on Kijiji-kijiji1.jpg
    cjcampbell and jesse_h like this.
    02-04-13 08:04 PM
    A list should be compiled of all the iPhones wanting a swap. Lol. Anyone notice other platforms wanting to swap?
    02-04-13 08:16 PM
    A list should be compiled of all the iPhones wanting a swap. Lol. Anyone notice other platforms wanting to swap?
    Not likely, Android community will try to mimic BB10 look and feel as a ROM on their platform. Here is proof:

[Q] BB10 features on one xl? - xda-developers

The problem is that they are extremely buggy and unstable, if possible at all.
    02-04-13 09:31 PM
    Not likely, Android community will try to mimic BB10 look and feel as a ROM on their platform. Here is proof:

The OP wanting the blackberry features uses an HTC One X
    02-04-13 09:37 PM
    I just sold my S3 two days ago on Kijiji for $350 to make way for my new Z10. I sold my iPhone 4 a month ago for $200, great timing and a great deal for me!!! I think my Z10 will stop me from being a 2 device guy on the go. I posted my 9900 on there too and have had a ton of people want to trade me straight up for an iPhone 4, that was unheard of not too long ago. I still think I may keep it cause I maybe missing my keyboard. Still keeping my HTC 8X WP(loving the device) also but I can't wait to pick up my new shiny black Z10, picking one up tomorrow 11am sharp!!! Definitely not going on Kijiji anytime soon.
    02-04-13 09:48 PM

OMG, this post from that forum you mentioned just made me laugh and shake my head:

"is blackberry built on android?
    Haven't seen a blackberry in years..
    If so, it may be possible, depending on if its framework dependent."

BlackBerry built on Android???? What the...?!
    Frosty_Power likes this.
    02-04-13 09:55 PM
    I just sold my S3 two days ago on Kijiji for $350 to make way for my new Z10. I sold my iPhone 4 a month ago for $200, great timing and a great deal for me!!! I think my Z10 will stop me from being a 2 device guy on the go. I posted my 9900 on there too and have had a ton of people want to trade me straight up for an iPhone 4, that was unheard of not too long ago. I still think I may keep it cause I maybe missing my keyboard. Still keeping my HTC 8X WP(loving the device) also but I can't wait to pick up my new shiny black Z10, picking one up tomorrow 11am sharp!!! Definitely not going on Kijiji anytime soon.
    Nicely done. Good thing you didn't wait to sell that iPhone of yours. You'd have to offer it up for $100, it seems, in order for it to move. hahaha.
    02-04-13 09:59 PM
34 12