I absolutely love my Q10 and wouldn't let it go for a day. It is my first choice anyday. But I am thinking of buying myself an Iphone 6 as a secondary phone. In two minds should I go for it or not. Primary reason I want it is for the apps and I just want to experience the ios system. Anyone out there already has an iphone as a secondary phone who could give me some pointers / guide correctly as in should I go for it or not. Let this not be a bashing thread. I love my BlackBerry Q10 more than anything :-) Thanks in advance.

Q10 | SQN100-3 | CIRCA 2013
    01-31-15 09:05 AM
    If I may, I would suggest you, rather than buying another phone because you want to experience iOS, to buy an iPad Air 2 instead. In this way, you would be able to experience iOS and you would get the tablet! You can get all the apps that you would need, and you have a secondary device, which has completely different role than your Q10. iOS is a very good OS, and after buying and iDevice, you might (want) to consider buying the Mac. :-D
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 09:17 AM
    This! If you want to experience the iOS ecosystem, iPad is the best way to go. Why bother adding another phone to your pocket.

If I may, I would suggest you, rather than buying another phone because you want to experience iOS, to buy an iPad Air 2 instead. In this way, you would be able to experience iOS and you would get the tablet! You can get all the apps that you would need, and you have a secondary device, which has completely different role than your Q10. iOS is a very good OS, and after buying and iDevice, you might (want) to consider buying the Mac. :-D

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 09:19 AM
    I use the Passport as my only phone and have an iPad mini as a tablet. Works well. Use the Hotspot to get signal to the iPad when out and about and it works well. agree that that may be a better route if you plan to use the Q as your phone.

Passport on AT&T
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 09:22 AM
    I have a Q10 and a 6 Plus. I mainly use the 6 Plus for light gaming and You Tube videos at home when my tablet is unavailable. Otherwise, the Q10 rules.

Posted via CB10
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 09:31 AM
    iPad, that is all
    01-31-15 09:43 AM
    This! If you want to experience the iOS ecosystem, iPad is the best way to go. Why bother adding another phone to your pocket.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    I would agree with FrankUnderwood. I don't personally own anything Apple at the moment, but I do support a number of folks who use the iPad, iPod and iPhone. The iPad will give you what you are looking for with a larger screen, which is much kinder on the eyes.
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 09:51 AM
    Ya I don't know why you would want to have bothered phone to carry around. Just for the ecosystem. BlackBerry is pretty good. I find the grass is always greener. When you have all the apps you never use them anyway. Get a tab if you want ecosystems

Posted via CB10
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 09:52 AM
    The iPod Touch is a pretty easy way to get the iOS apps.
    01-31-15 10:02 AM
    Again, why do people need to justify what they want to do with what others think?

You are the one spending the money, You are the one using it. Do whatever you want.

I just find it crazy that everyone and their mother keeps asking what other people think when deciding on buying tech to use.

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 10:33 AM
    I agree with this! Very good and rational statement

Posted via CB10
    Andy Wijaya likes this.
    01-31-15 10:39 AM
    I would take the advice of some of the posters here OP. If you just want to experience ios buy an ipad. You'd save some cash as well!

Posted via CB10
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 10:42 AM
    I agree that you should get an iPad, then you can get iPhone apps and iPad apps
    01-31-15 04:42 PM
    I say save your money and just enjoy your q10.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:56 PM
    Ok.... I relent.... if you absolutely have to have the ios thing, get the tablet: Bigger screen and less $ than the iPhone.

An android tablet would save you further $.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-15 05:58 PM
    Question why don't just get a better blackberry? Like the passport or even the classic which have better and larger screen than the q10 better battery etc
    What apps exactly are you looking for?
    I have a mac,ipods/touch5, I phone,4s,5s and Samsung galaxy tab4.
    I know what you mean though for main driver will always be my bb but when I'm killing time for music and games I use my iPhone.
    My ideal phone would be a merger of the two
    Fingers crossed that visa will fill that void for me though. I agree with what the others suggest about the ipad the bigger screen and the more app availability compare to the phone and this coming from a person that don't live tablets.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    Grafic111 likes this.
    01-31-15 06:00 PM
    Again, why do people need to justify what they want to do with what others think?

You are the one spending the money, You are the one using it. Do whatever you want.

I just find it crazy that everyone and their mother keeps asking what other people think when deciding on buying tech to use.

#firstworldproblems

Posted via CB10
    Agreed ^^

Buy a fishing jacket and a phone for each pocket 0_o

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    02-06-15 11:55 AM
    i picked up my Q10 just over a year ago and imho as a communication device it has no peer. *well maybe my legacy 9700 was the best.

i currently use the Q10 as my daily driver and my iPhone 5s - with a data sim only prepaid plan. if your wanting to experience the iOS device i would recommend you get yourself a pre-owned 5/5s "4 retina screen vs "4.7 on the 6 its going to the cheaper/cost effective. *i suppose i have the opportunity to 'swap' devices as i can use the Q10/iP5s both as phones.

the Q10 is better imho for communication, sms, emailing the kb is just fantastic to use.
    the iPhone 5s is best as a multimedia device. period. no competition.

i have used both devices as usb hotspots on my MacBook Air - dependant on which device i am using as my phone. if i had to choose between the two, my heart goes with the Q10, my head ... difficult to choose as both devices are great at what they do.

good luck with your decision.

*i have been using a recently purchased Classic - another brilliant bit of kit ... but that is another story.

I absolutely love my Q10 and wouldn't let it go for a day. It is my first choice anyday. But I am thinking of buying myself an Iphone 6 as a secondary phone. In two minds should I go for it or not. Primary reason I want it is for the apps and I just want to experience the ios system. Anyone out there already has an iphone as a secondary phone who could give me some pointers / guide correctly as in should I go for it or not. Let this not be a bashing thread. I love my BlackBerry Q10 more than anything :-) Thanks in advance.

02-06-15 04:15 PM
    If you can afford it why not!?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 04:20 PM
    If you have the money to blow, go for it.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 05:49 PM
    the Q10 is better imho for communication, sms, emailing the kb is just fantastic to use.
    the iPhone 5s is best as a multimedia device. period. no competition.
    to clarify i have used for over a year both the Samsung Galaxy SII and GNote respectively and both these devices were also at the top of their game as multimedia/consumption players.

imho

Q10 for communication
    iDevice & Android for multimedia/consumption.
    02-06-15 06:00 PM

The ipad will more than fill your needs for apps and screen real estate, the battery life are pretty good on them and they make viewing any videos, movies, pictures a pure joy. Unless of course you want a iPhone ,but face it, you have a phone already with a small screen.... Just my opinion.

Sent from the device that works best for me using Tapatalk HD
    Grafic111 likes this.
    02-06-15 06:36 PM
    I agree that you should get an iPad, then you can get iPhone apps and iPad apps
    And it "blends", too... :-)

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    marknick likes this.
    02-06-15 08:47 PM
    I use a Passport as my primary phone and the IPhone 6 my secondary phone for apps and photos great choice

Sent from my Blackberry Passport.
    02-06-15 08:53 PM
    Thanks guys for some great feedback. Have made my decision. Getting myself a passport this week and a little later an ipad mini. So a total upgrade ;-)

02-07-15 01:16 AM
29 12