I sware, BB people are worse then iPhone people when it comes to bending reality in their favor sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i wouldn't go that far.

every company is guilty of manipulating statistics in their favor, and no one is better at that than apple. as an example, just recently at the ipad launch, steve jobs stated that apple is the largest "mobile company" in the world (larger than nokia). how could he make such a statement? well, he used all apple revenue, which includes i-tunes sales, desktop sales, apple accessories, etc. then he went on to say: "...but really, apple is a mobile company since most of our products are mobile devices... so that makes apple the largest mobile company in the world."

now that's some funny math
    02-10-10 02:47 AM
    Very difficult to compare the two as they are sold differently. As other have said, iPhone is not discounted or buy one get one. Many more models on more carriers. Bottom line is I am happy that both are available because they are DIFFERENT. There is nothing wrong with that and it provides competitiveness and variety. If we only had one phone or one provider to choose from everyone would be bitc*ing about that.
    02-10-10 08:13 AM
    At last year's family Thanksgiving gathering I notice about 6 of the younger members (20 - 30's age) using their BlackBerrys throughout the gathering. Then, at the same family's Christmas party, I noticed several of them had new iphones that they were now using. I asked each one how they liked their iphones in comparison to their old BlackBerrys. The reply from every one of them was, "they have a lot more games on them and the music sounds better". That amazed me so, I asked started questioning the BlackBerry users about what they mostly used theirs for. There wasn't a single one of them that even had heard about BBM and the only online app that any of them used was a program that they could keep up with their fantasy football with. Talking, texting and listening to music was all these people were using -----but they sure looked in style doing it!?!?
    I wonder what the percentage of high tech phones owners fit this pattern?
    02-10-10 10:02 AM
    Hands down the iPhone wins! Ive got both the iPhone and the bb bold. Try to make a comparison between them without having BIS and youll know what im talking about. I can utilize almost all the applications including the social networking apps on my iphone simply through wifi but more than half the applications on my blackberry wont function without a BIS account.
    02-10-10 10:20 AM
    bushako is right that a BlackBerry requires a BlackBerry data plan in order to function properly. However it must be mentioned that a BlackBerry was designed from the start to be used with a BlackBerry data plan. My understanding is that no carrier out there will sell a BlackBerry anymore without a BlackBerry data plan. They are both too integrated that it makes people like me or bushako left behind by much.

I do manage without e-mail / RIM made apps, but my need is for a well functioning phone and communication device. Although e-mail is a large part of the communication I do, I like the way I have control over voice and SMS with the BlackBerry that other platforms won't allow me to.

I chose a BlackBerry knowing I won't get all the features working and even then it is an excellent choice of a smartphone. Just my two cents.
    02-10-10 10:26 AM
    Hands down the iPhone wins! Ive got both the iPhone and the bb bold. Try to make a comparison between them without having BIS and youll know what im talking about. I can utilize almost all the applications including the social networking apps on my iphone simply through wifi but more than half the applications on my blackberry wont function without a BIS account.
    That's because it's not meant to be used without bis. You simply can't make such comparisons

02-10-10 10:29 AM
    Not to mention, but how many different carriers do the Curves cover in comparison to the single carrier the iPhone is on.

Anyone not realizing these number comparisons are off IS a bit off. Lol

I sware, BB people are worse then iPhone people when it comes to bending reality in their favor sometimes.

BB people are worse than everyone because they are still satisfied with an ancient OS, and still believe every new BB is a great upgrade when it is the same old tired device in a new package.

Wake up. The numbers are obviously in your favor. I hope the iPhone comes to Verizon or any other US carrier so people finally do wake up.
    02-10-10 02:47 PM
    i wouldn't go that far.

every company is guilty of manipulating statistics in their favor, and no one is better at that than apple. as an example, just recently at the ipad launch, steve jobs stated that apple is the largest "mobile company" in the world (larger than nokia). how could he make such a statement? well, he used all apple revenue, which includes i-tunes sales, desktop sales, apple accessories, etc. then he went on to say: "...but really, apple is a mobile company since most of our products are mobile devices... so that makes apple the largest mobile company in the world."

now that's some funny math
    That's just because he's an ******* and everyone knows it. Just the interview with Moss-man should tell everyone enough in regards to his demeanor about even the iPad itself. (When he was talking about the battery life, he was like "No, I don't think it's an issue because you end up plugging it in... no one reads for more then 10 hours straight.") That right there is "jackass move" #1. I would have told him, "No kidding... the iPad is marketed at doing more then just reading for 10 hours, is it not?"... just to stir him up. :rolleye: lol
    02-10-10 03:01 PM
    That's just because he's an ******* and everyone knows it. Just the interview with Moss-man should tell everyone enough in regards to his demeanor about even the iPad itself. (When he was talking about the battery life, he was like "No, I don't think it's an issue because you end up plugging it in... no one reads for more then 10 hours straight.") That right there is "jackass move" #1. I would have told him, "No kidding... the iPad is marketed at doing more then just reading for 10 hours, is it not?"... just to stir him up. :rolleye: lol
    You should all know by now that when Steve says something its always right...whether you like it or not...if Steve says you cant read for more than 10hours then you just can't...it makes perfect sense

Sent from my iPhone
    02-10-10 04:38 PM
    Is it just me or is Civic, Amazinglygracless and Cerialkiller are the most sensitive hypocritical poster on CB?
    >
    I swear any thread that has BB Vs X(phone), they run to defend that X phone as if their life depends on it and then mocking BB user in the process. Calling BB user blind yet they are one themselves. I find this so funny and lame.
    <
    Seriously, get over it...its only a phone and people can use whatever they want b/c its their peference and opinion. Trying to force your opinion onto bb user is a waste of time yet for some reason I see you guys like doing this.
    >
    Next time I will just call you guys the Android Army Society Club trying to recruit bb user but ended up a failed mission.

Last edited by noized77; 02-27-10 at 10:18 AM.
    02-27-10 10:02 AM
    And youre not trying to force your view on them? *Rolls eyes* Its even more ironic that you have to ridicule them and use childish name calling for posting their sincere viewpoint.

Its a free country and their right to speak what they feel, dont like it dont read it. If its a X vs. Y, both sides of the vs. deserve their fair argument. Sorry if all you want it a one sided fanboy discussion.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 02-27-10 at 10:38 AM.
    02-27-10 10:36 AM
    Everybody seems t be concerned with when is RIM gonna catch up with iphone or android etc.
    My point is when is the Iphone/android/nokia/windows mobile gonna catch up with RIM and create their own push email network to compete with RIM.
    In my opinion RIM was never the leader in smartphone features, they were prob the last to introduce 3g handsets etc

03-03-10 08:04 AM
    Honestly, those sales numbers are meaningless drivel.

As I have said before if you lump the sales of an entire device series against
    2 units you've already created the result you desire.

Show me a result saying any SINGLE Curve model phone outsold any iPhone
    and I'll be impressed. Until then the conversation is skewed and pointless.
    very very very true, how would anyone expect the iPhone to beat 7 different smartphone models.
    03-03-10 12:32 PM
    Everybody seems t be concerned with when is RIM gonna catch up with iphone or android etc.
    My point is when is the Iphone/android/nokia/windows mobile gonna catch up with RIM and create their own push email network to compete with RIM.
    In my opinion RIM was never the leader in smartphone features, they were prob the last to introduce 3g handsets etc

MOBILEME has already been created for the iPhone (push email service cheaper then blackberry's), and the iPhone also has push email for GMAIL users, Windows Mobile has their exchange email, android yea they have some work to do, and Nokia im not very knowledgable on as far as email capabilities.
    03-03-10 12:35 PM
    MOBILEME has already been created for the iPhone (push email service cheaper then blackberry's), and the iPhone also has push email for GMAIL users, Windows Mobile has their exchange email, android yea they have some work to do, and Nokia im not very knowledgable on as far as email capabilities.

Blackberry has FREE push, unless apple has started paying people it can't be cheaper, FYI.
    03-03-10 12:41 PM
    iPhone has free push but only for gmail, lol RIM does have them in that instance being able to support more clients. And Apples equivalent to Backberry's BES push is cheaper, which is MobileMe sorry i wasnt specific. its a flat fee of 100 dollars per year, while the BB BES user pay i think 45 dollars a month or something like that. but my point was that iPhone has caught up with RIM in reference to push email not putting cost into the picture.
    03-03-10 12:44 PM
    The new BES Express is totally free and will not require a BES plan.
    03-03-10 01:53 PM
    The new BES Express is totally free and will not require a BES plan.
    He should have left the whole pricing out of his original post, the cost isn't really the point. The guy earlier who he replied to in the first post said something along the lines of no on has caught up to RIM's push email, and he was saying well actually Apple, and Microsoft. Both have push email already cost aside.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 03-03-10 at 03:38 PM.
    03-03-10 03:06 PM

IMHO, all BlackBerry models are the same, as are the other manufacturers smartphones. Breaking it down further makes no sense, new technology will always displace older technology, which become "Value".
    It appears to me, at least in the US, it is a case of Apples (pardon the pun) and Oranges. You can get a BB from multiple US carriers (ATT, Verizon, TMobile, etc.) but can get an iPhone from only ATT.

My two cents worth.

Charles
    03-03-10 03:20 PM
    I]He should have left the whole pricing out of my original post, the cost isn't really the point. The guy earlier who he replied to in the first post said something along the lines of no on has caught up to RIM's push email, and he was saying well actually Apple, and Microsoft. Both have push email already cost aside.

Yes you should have left cost aside without doing your home work.

I do agree both have their offerings, the iphone is great for some, not for others, for me even a storm is not something I would buy, I need battery life, and a touch screen just can no perform.
    03-03-10 03:21 PM
    Its clear people have a poor working knowledge of the iphone before trying to rip it.

iPhone HAS push email. How many times can it be said? It pushes exchange, gmail, yahoo, and others WITH full email support- folders, calendar/contact sync, etc. Can BIS users say that WITHOUT needing to pay RIM and extra $15/month and access to a BES server? You may pay the same $30/month but getting a lot less for that $30 than what iphone, Android, and others offer right out of the box.

2nd lets add up the extra $15 a month for BES to equal the functionailty vs MobileMe. RIM is STILL more expensive over a year and that doesnt even include a hosted BES account at another $10/month if you dont have access to a BES server. So youre talking $55/month for data to have a BB with the same email function that others offer out of the box.

BESX requires you to run a server, its desktop software for a server. So it doesnt help the individual user and is moot.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 03-03-10 at 06:59 PM.
    03-03-10 06:56 PM
    Who cares how Blackberry is outselling the iPhone the fact is that they are. RIM makes a GREAT product which brings me joy day in and day out. For that reason I love to see them shine and hope they can maintain the success forever. It pains me to see fellow crackberrians down their phone of choice. Leave the hate for the iPhone fanboys.
    Last edited by hurricane87; 03-03-10 at 08:26 PM.
    03-03-10 08:21 PM
    I can sync my contacts and e-mail to Google just fine with BIS.
    03-03-10 10:10 PM
    I can sync my contacts and e-mail to Google just fine with BIS.
    Lol no one is saying you can't, were just saying people forget the iPhone has push email as well now.
    03-03-10 10:38 PM
    BB outsells iPhone for the same reason that PCs outsell Macs - that reason is corporate America.

03-03-10 10:38 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD