I never have any issues using my Bold as a primary mp3 player.

But the apps thing, it's to be expected. Custom apps written for the OS compared to midlets or if you're lucky cldc apps (with very restricted api's on both). That's not going to compare to iphone dev apps.

It also goes back to what I was saying in another thread too. BB's have to multitask with these apps, the iphone does not.
    Lack of gapless playback and Pink Floyd will drive you nuts.
    08-14-09 05:29 PM
    the iphone is more trendy than anything else. bb of any kind are work-horse. they get the job done. iphones has a lot apps, but they seems like they are more about impressing people than functionallity...
    08-14-09 05:55 PM
    i like my bb over the iphone lol luve it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-14-09 05:56 PM
    Sick of iPhone vs. BB.
    08-14-09 06:00 PM
    the iphone is more trendy than anything else. bb of any kind are work-horse. they get the job done. iphones has a lot apps, but they seems like they are more about impressing people than functionallity...
    BB users should start showing off their phones as much as iphone owners.

"Ooh, watch me email. Ahhhh"
    "Look at that spreadsheet. Let me enter some data. Snazzy"

Maybe then everyone will get sick of it and stop doing it completely.
    08-14-09 06:02 PM
    iPhone rules!

BB better watch its market share. Apple is coming for it. BB only has a umm 7 or 8% lead over them. Apple jumped nearly 11% in ONE year.
    08-14-09 08:28 PM
    Nokia has an enormous lead over Apple. Does that mean Apple should look out?
    08-14-09 08:32 PM
    I don't think you have to show off business apps, worksheets, or e-mail to show off what a BB can do.

Although it is much faster and easier to see if you have new e-mail on a BB.
    I do a lot of instant messaging. If I had an iPhone, I would have to exit out of IM to do other things. I like having JiveTalk running in the background.
    I use Google Voice all the time these days - couldn't do that with the iPhone.

I think I could learn to like the iPhone if it would multitask. I know I am jsut one who likes my BB for what it does.
    08-14-09 08:36 PM
    I see no problem with the Bold MM capabilities. No it is not the same as the iPhone/iPod but it gets the job done just fine. BB is not as good at playing games as the iPhone but playing games is not all that productive either.
    08-15-09 12:05 AM
    anyway, since day 1, i never really took a 2nd look at the iphone no matter it being the 1st or 2nd generation or even the 3gs. in my opinion, the iphone is nothing bt a media device w/ phone functions as a value add.

conversely, the BB is a smart phone w/ value added functions n features.

i'd choose BB, any day, any time.... if it's media n the 'good to have, bt not MUST have' applications... itouch should suffice, nt a necessity for iphone
    08-15-09 10:43 AM
    Apple now has courses in colleges solely for making Apps.. This alone shows the potential.

Still a BB fan tho.. hehe
    looking at the bigger picture... its not only institutionalizing the mkt, it helps to build n beef up its brand. that way, they can also inject the mkt with more enthusiasts to infest other's minds.

applications for iphone r a plenty out there. but looking at the macro n micro spectrum, there's tons of trash worthy applications. some of which, i dont even know who needs those apps??
    08-15-09 10:49 AM
    I think the Iphone and the Blackberry are very great phones, but need to be looked at by their uses. The Iphone would be great for the average user who wants a phone and an entertainment tool all in one, The blackberry though is for those who require:
    1)A professional phone for email and buisness capabilities
    or
    2)A phone with advanced pda capabilities

The blackberry and iphone are like the mercedes and bmws of cell phones. And when my contract needs renewing, I might go with the Iphone. The only reason I have a blackberry curve is because the Iphone was too expensive to buy in the middle of my contract and I needed a phone comparable to it.
    08-15-09 10:55 AM
    a BB supported w/ BIS, is probably impossible to beat.......... iphone doesnt give u that must ease of access when u're on the go, unless u're paying your phone bills thru the nose
    08-15-09 10:59 AM
    I have a BlackBerry and an iPod Touch. They both have their purpose. Having used both and if I were to have to choose between a BlackBerry and an iPhone, the BlackBerry would come out on top without question.

Mike
    08-15-09 07:55 PM
    I want an iphone, but I only want it to play with the apps, not the phone part, but I would never give up my BB, so maybe I should get an Ipod touch since they say they both have the same apps.
    08-15-09 08:26 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD