what do iphone users want in blackberry forums since the majority of them think they've got the upper hand in every aspect of the smartphones? Do iphone users regret migrating and miss BB?
    12-04-10 01:44 PM
    Wrong section for this.
    12-04-10 01:46 PM
    Mandru I'd rather deal with iphone users than Matrix Leader.

CB has a pretty decent iphone forum within it, and a lot of the current iphone users are ex BB users who still know a lot and are very helpful. They hang on to CB hoping one day RIM can win them back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 01:49 PM
    They are addicted to CrackBerry.

CrackBerry has grown beyond being a BlackBerry enclave, we are the premier SmartPhone site and growing bigger and better every day.

Check your attitude at the door, and all are welcome.
    ench18 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-04-10 02:12 PM
    Most of the non-current BB users you see here were originally here as BB users. We liked the place so much we stuck around even though we moved on from BB devices. Many of us are still helpful around the forums to people who still use BB devices. I'm in the process of helping someone recover their Tour right now in fact.

There are a lot of folks waiting to see what the future holds for BB, as some of us sure wouldn't mind switching back to the BB platform if they bump up their specs and software a bit...

Sometimes people get sick of BB fanatics ripping on our devices (Android, iPhone, etc) and they jab back. I know two wrongs don't make a right but still, it happens...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-04-10 at 02:21 PM.
    12-04-10 02:18 PM
    Most of the non-current BB users you see here were originally here as BB users. We liked the place so much we stuck around even though we moved on from BB devices. Many of us are still helpful around the forums to people who still use BB devices. I'm in the process of helping someone recover their Tour right now in fact.

There are a lot of folks waiting to see what the future holds for BB, as some of us sure wouldn't mind switching back to the BB platform if they bump up their specs and software a bit...

Sometimes people get sick of BB fanatics ripping on our devices (Android, iPhone, etc) and they jab back. I know two wrongs don't make a right but still, it happens...
    To add to this, sometime people get sick of iphone or droid fanatics ripping on BB users because the BB user believes they have a better phone for them and they jab back.

Jake Storm likes this.
    12-04-10 02:47 PM
    To add to this, sometime people get sick of iphone or droid fanatics ripping on BB users because the BB user believes they have a better phone for them and they jab back.

It is understandable. Everybody should just make an effort to be the bigger person and ignore that stuff.

If your device works for you then who gives a rat's booty what other folks are saying about that device? It isn't as if they're insulting your family or anything, they're insulting a lump of plastic and metal.

Everybody should take that advice. Everybody should realize that criticism is important and if done in a reasonable way, it is helpful for everybody, especially smartphone newbies. If all we ever talk about is the plusses of a device, people might think there aren't minuses. Every device from every manufacturer is a compromise whether it be a BB, Android, iPhone, WinMo, etc.
    corymcnutt likes this.
    12-04-10 02:52 PM
    I am wondering if many of you think that when Verizon gets Iphone that lots of BB users will upgrade to it? the iphone is coming to VZ in q1 2011.
    12-04-10 02:57 PM
    In my early days at CB I received a lot of help from a Droid user. Ex bb but still very knowledgeable and had no qualms about giving others the benefit of his bb experience. Now if all non bb users were as thoughtful and completely unparanoid (probably not a real word) we would all get along just fine. Just thought I'd add my 2 bits!

12-04-10 03:49 PM
    It is understandable. Everybody should just make an effort to be the bigger person and ignore that stuff.

If your device works for you then who gives a rat's booty what other folks are saying about that device? It isn't as if they're insulting your family or anything, they're insulting a lump of plastic and metal.

Everybody should take that advice. Everybody should realize that criticism is important and if done in a reasonable way, it is helpful for everybody, especially smartphone newbies. If all we ever talk about is the plusses of a device, people might think there aren't minuses. Every device from every manufacturer is a compromise whether it be a BB, Android, iPhone, WinMo, etc.
    That's what I'm saying. But there is an undercurrent of those who believe that better specs make a better device. Yes to a certain extent. No doubt a high-end box running Windows 7 will be a better "device" than a low-end box running the same software. The high-end box has more capacity for multi-processing, graphics etc.

Now substitute Knoppix for Windows 7. It's now up for debate(in the eye of the beholder) whether a high-end device running Knoppix is "better" than a low-end device running Windows 7. I would take the low-end W7 everytime.

And to me, that is the crux of the discussions among all of the various phone manufacturers.
    12-04-10 04:44 PM
    My winTreo was a real example of superior hardware gone to waste. The reliability of my 8330 in some situations over this other device, really helped me give BB a big thumbs up at the time.
    12-04-10 04:46 PM
    A tool is only as good as the hands it is in! Even a screwdriver will malfunction in the wrong hands.

12-04-10 05:32 PM
    There is a lot of commonality right across the smartphone market. The whole sector advances together.

The hardware defines this. If we had more powerful hardware then the phones could do more. All of them.

Each manufacturer puts a slightly different spin on what they offer and some have a few features that others don't usually at the expense of NOT having others.

Carriers both help and hinder this advancement and they are common to all smartphone users in one form or another, so it is worth looking at a huge and well run site like Crackberry.

One strength of CrackBerry is that we have 2.7 million users and counting. We are also a family site that genuinely tries to help others. I believe that the real strength of CrackBerry lies with our members. I have nevr, ever seen a consistently more helpful and well mannered (well mostly ) site than this.

Additionally CrackBerry is a part of SmartPhone Experts whose other sites are displayed at the top of each forum page.

All are welcome here.
    12-04-10 05:49 PM
    Ive been a hardcore berry user for 5 years. Recently I bought an i4, very nice, liked it, no complaints. For those months I still visited CB on the iphone forums. Now I'm back on a 9700, and just ordered a new red Torch from AT&T this morning. In the future, I may go back to iphone or something else. Both BB and iphone have their strengths/weaknesses. I'm going to use whatever device I want to period. Bottom line, we're all smart phone enthusiasts or we wouldn't be here. Personally, I dont care what kind of phone someone uses, because that does not define who they are.
    12-04-10 09:15 PM
    I left BB for I Phone one year ago this month. That was after being a BB junky for years. I created hundreds of BB themes and I like to think I was helpful to many BB users and folks wanting themes. Even though I switched platforms I still checked into CB almost daily. This site goes way beyond just "BB". It is truly a community of friends.

FWIW I just got a new Torch and plan to renew my relationship with Plazmic very soon. See yall on the forums!

Bo
    12-05-10 07:28 AM
    All smart phones suck, fun to play with but they do suck

12-05-10 12:07 PM
    I left BB for I Phone one year ago this month. That was after being a BB junky for years. I created hundreds of BB themes and I like to think I was helpful to many BB users and folks wanting themes. Even though I switched platforms I still checked into CB almost daily. This site goes way beyond just "BB". It is truly a community of friends.

FWIW I just got a new Torch and plan to renew my relationship with Plazmic very soon. See yall on the forums!

Bo
    Not to hijack the thread, but this I find interesting. Having been an iPhone user for a year now, what prompted you to get a Torch? I'd be very curious to hear your impressions of the latter now after a year with the former.

I've got an iPod Touch and the wife has an iPhone 3Gs, so I had plenty of opportunity to fiddle with iOS before deciding on a new phone. It's definitely slick, the display is sweet and the selection if apps is something to drool over; but I couldn't see myself living without a physical keyboard or the BB features I'd gotten so used to. Plus, the wife has had her share of issues with her iP, especially whenever she gets a software upgrade. So I stuck with BB and went with the Torch, and while I can see the appeal of the iPhone, I've never second-guessed that decision. But I'm most interested to hear your thoughts.

BTW, welcome back!

12-05-10 12:26 PM
    hellooooooooooooooo
    12-06-10 05:34 AM
    I'm gonna open up a can of whoop *** on all iphone users!

12-06-10 05:57 AM
    @ mandru: Dude, don't bring the hate. Always welcome all.
    12-06-10 06:41 AM
    I'm gonna open up a can of whoop *** on all iphone users!

Ummmmm, ok then, I think......LOL
    12-07-10 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD