Economics writer Connor Dougherty explains how he made his iPhone work a lot like my BB10 phone by removing distracting apps, including the web browser!

How to Turn an iPhone Into a Work-Only Tool https://nyti.ms/2TTc6wu

When the time comes to move on from BB10, and if I have to use Android or iOS, this is the approach I'll take.
    Shuswap, skinnymike1 and melhiore like this.
    08-23-19 05:54 AM
    So it can be done without using abandonware platforms.
    melhiore likes this.
    08-23-19 07:56 AM
    Economics writer Connor Dougherty explains how he made his iPhone work a lot like my BB10 phone by removing distracting apps, including the web browser!

When the time comes to move on from BB10, and if I have to use Android or iOS, this is the approach I'll take.
    iPhone...Yawn
    08-23-19 11:18 AM

Thank you for having an open mind and at least looking at alternative methods that might work for you.

Others on here can’t see past their own personal hatred towards other platforms to find something that might actually work for them.
    melhiore likes this.
    08-23-19 04:57 PM
    I still genuinely prefer BB10 to either iOS or Android for my purposes. I appreciate this Apple user's intention, but deactivating distracting apps doesn't address the other issues I have with IOS and Android.
    08-23-19 07:36 PM
    Thank you for having an open mind and at least looking at alternative methods that might work for you.

Others on here can’t see past their own personal hatred towards other platforms to find something that might actually work for them.
    LOL. Don't overdo it. I still hate iOS with a passion and have to hold my nose when I use Android.
    08-23-19 07:38 PM
    iPhone...Yawn
    If you thought I was praising iPhones, you didn't understand me. I like the user in this case, not the platform.
    08-23-19 07:39 PM
    LOL. Don't overdo it. I still hate iOS with a passion and have to hold my nose when I use Android.
    Hey, it’s something!
    08-24-19 06:11 AM
    For some cases, iOS might be a hold back. At least iphone is a device that just work out of the box, clean, fast, and easy to use. For common use case, it covers almost anything.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-24-19 08:55 AM
    Funny, I seldom read about or hear from iphone users trashing Android.
    08-24-19 11:51 AM
    Ahhh yes, I wondered what the term was in Westerns for the "get out of town,while you still can" when the Syndicate/Cartel (Manufacturers in OHA) arrived, having cut off the water supply to anybody else. ..it was Abandon?where(to)?Towns. Where is that Sheriff anyways, he's late.
    08-25-19 12:52 AM
    For some cases, iOS might be a hold back. At least iphone is a device that just work out of the box, clean, fast, and easy to use. For common use case, it covers almost anything.
    Almost any mid range or flagship Android will "just work" work out of the box.

Icons might not be arranged the way the user might want them, the wallpaper either, but it takes a few minutes to tweak these things.

At least the options are there.
    melhiore likes this.
    08-25-19 02:10 AM
    Almost any mid range or flagship Android will "just work" work out of the box.

Icons might not be arranged the way the user might want them, the wallpaper either, but it takes a few minutes to tweak these things.

At least the options are there.
    Yeah, depends on the brand.
    08-25-19 06:03 AM