A survey from cbc.ca , lets us vote for BlackBerry! here is the link: BlackBerry will pay iPhone users up to $600 to switch phones - Kitchener-Waterloo - CBC News

From my ? phone
    11-25-14 09:10 AM
    Let's skew the numbers for the good guy.. Then BlackBerry will wonder why the phones didn't move. Lol
    m1a1mg, kbz1960, AbAll87 and 2 others like this.
    11-25-14 10:10 AM
    I didn't see any survey

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-25-14 10:37 AM
    11-25-14 10:43 AM
    Vote so far

Iphone switch to Blackberry vote!-img_20141125_164358.png

? Z10
    11-25-14 10:44 AM
    I agree with don't skew the vote if you already own a BlackBerry don't vote, if you have an iPhone please do vote.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:51 AM
    Why do some of you try to skew these votes? Wouldn't you like to actually see if the deal BB is offering would entice some people to switch? I don't really understand the need to skew these votes and it doesn't do anything to help BB's sales efforts.
    11-25-14 11:08 AM
    Why do some of you try to skew these votes? Wouldn't you like to actually see if the deal BB is offering would entice some people to switch? I don't really understand the need to skew these votes and it doesn't do anything to help BB's sales efforts.
    Perceived demand equals good marketing. If people see the poll and 99% say no way they'll switch it pushes away people on the fence, and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 12:54 PM
    LOL! If BlackBerry is using this vote to base their marketing tactics then they are in a lot of trouble.

They have probably done their own market research to decide if this tactic was worth pursuing.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:26 PM
    Well this is good people are switching to BB. 39.22% in favor. , and 37.81% will not switch. as of now so far.

From my ? phone
    11-25-14 01:34 PM
    Perceived demand equals good marketing. If people see the poll and 99% say no way they'll switch it pushes away people on the fence, and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    No it doesn't. Do you think people who like their phone are going to look at this poll and think "Oh, people are switching, I guess I should too." Sounds like a sheep mentality if you ask me. But I guess as long as the herd is with Blackberry it's ok.
    11-25-14 01:47 PM
    No it doesn't. Do you think people who like their phone are going to look at this poll and think "Oh, people are switching, I guess I should too." Sounds like a sheep mentality if you ask me. But I guess as long as the herd is with Blackberry it's ok.
    Aren't iPhone people with a sheep mentality? Or am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 03:18 PM
    Take a slightly wider perspective on this issue. Look at all the award shows/presentations that we hear about all the time. Award-winning this, peoples' choice that. They are all largely BS especially in the entertainment/consumer world. But they do affect sales and public demand. A poll such as this one may not change many folks but it also may have a bit of an effect on how this media outlet reports on BlackBerry in the future. Who knows. And finally, polls are manipulated all the time. That's hardly news.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys and spikesolie like this.
    11-25-14 03:31 PM
    Black sheep :-)
    All the roads lead to Waterloo, ON...

? ? ? Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    KingOfQwerty and Steelsheen like this.
    11-25-14 08:24 PM
    No it doesn't. Do you think people who like their phone are going to look at this poll and think "Oh, people are switching, I guess I should too." Sounds like a sheep mentality if you ask me..
    Polls can create a self fulfilling prophesy. Wishy-washy people without strong convictions can be influenced by polls. Perception is reality.

If anything, a surprising poll result can make someone take a deeper look. Otherwise, the poll just confirms what they believe is a good decision and gives them no reason to question their choices.
    Steelsheen and Allwyn John like this.
    11-25-14 08:35 PM
    Suppose we give you that argument... and suppose for a moment that it works... In one fell swoop, the number one criticism on this forum is that people who buy iDevices/Android are sheep (in an attempt to discount Apple/Android purchasers). By this logic, if there's any significant effect as a result of intentionally skewing the poll results, then anybody who switches to BB10 are sheep. But hey... that's suddenly a good thing because it favors BB right?
    11-25-14 08:40 PM
    Polls can create a self fulfilling prophesy. Wishy-washy people without strong convictions can be influenced by polls. Perception is reality.

If anything, a surprising poll result can make someone take a deeper look. Otherwise, the poll just confirms what they believe is a good decision and gives them no reason to question their choices.
    And yet... according to most members on CB... it's the exact opposite should a competitor do the same.
    Bsbudd and pantlesspenguin like this.
    11-25-14 08:43 PM
    And yet... according to most members on CB... it's the exact opposite should a competitor do the same.
    Should a competitor do the same.........what? Take a poll?

Not sure I'm following your argument. We're talking about poll results simply making people CONSIDER something new. We're not talking about people making a change purely because they saw a poll. BlackBerry needs ANY attention it can get, so if a favorable poll causes some people to actually look into something further..... that's a good thing. Of course the thing they are looking into must hold up to further scrutiny, but they can't give it any scrutiny until they are nudged into it by......say...........................a poll they saw.
    clickitykeys and spikesolie like this.
    11-25-14 08:59 PM
    I enjoyed that. I will vote from my other devices as well.
    11-25-14 09:11 PM
    All of the justifications for skewing this poll are laughable. If other people who use another device were doing this everyone in here would cry foul and how it was deplorable and typical of a sheep mentality. But it's ok I guess to not see a real result as long as the poll is skewed. And please save the further comments on how this good marketing and blah blah blah. Its makes every poll a joke and I've yet to see any of these skewed polls impact any of Blackberrys sales.
    solitude1984 and m1a1mg like this.
    11-25-14 09:45 PM

This is total BS. And it's BS because the poll isn't real. If it was real then yes but when it's skewed and the results are made up you are asking people to look at another device based on a lie.
    11-25-14 09:49 PM
    This is total BS. And it's BS because the poll isn't real. If it was real then yes but when it's skewed and the results are made up you are asking people to look at another device based on a lie.
    What do you mean it "isn't real"? Do you know what a poll is?

A skewed poll doesn't mean it wasn't a poll. And the results aren't "made up" unless the persons conducting the poll simply make up the results with any numbers and just fill in blanks instead of letting people vote.

And....who is asking anyone to look at another device?

What lie?

Wow.....just wow.

FYI- elections are polls. Are those results "made up"? Are they "a lie". is it "BS"? Is a not a real election because is not a real poll? Because the exact same things can (and do) happen there.
    spikesolie likes this.
    11-25-14 10:20 PM
    All of the justifications for skewing this poll are laughable. If other people who use another device were doing this everyone in here would cry foul and how it was deplorable and typical of a sheep mentality.
    Based on what? Your guess? You have absolutely no way to know that.

But it's ok I guess to not see a real result as long as the poll is skewed.
    What do you mean "not a real result". The result is the result. Polls can be skewed all the time....that's why there are professional, scientific pollsters. Do you actually think that anyone takes this "poll" as scientific at all??????

And please save the further comments on how this good marketing and blah blah blah..
    Why? Because you're no good at responding to anything that works against your argument?

Its makes every poll a joke and I've yet to see any of these skewed polls impact any of Blackberrys sales.
    It make EVERY poll a joke? Sooo......the next election of the Jones High School class president is now a joke....becuse of this? WOW..>JUST WOW.

How in the world would you be able to know if any poll had any impact on any BlackBerry sales?

Congrats on stuffing so much hyperbole and rhetoric into one post. You must be exhausted.
    11-25-14 10:28 PM
    It's bad enough that BB has a credibility problem. Now some bad apples within us are doing it to CB as well.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-25-14 10:43 PM
    Suppose we give you that argument... and suppose for a moment that it works... In one fell swoop, the number one criticism on this forum is that people who buy iDevices/Android are sheep (in an attempt to discount Apple/Android purchasers). By this logic, if there's any significant effect as a result of intentionally skewing the poll results, then anybody who switches to BB10 are sheep. But hey... that's suddenly a good thing because it favors BB right?
    Not that I agree, but IF we accept the argument, then they are saying use sheep tactics to attract sheep. There is a touch of logic there. Not the typical BlackBerry customer.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 10:46 PM
114 123 ...