The money spent on marketing means that a lot of people get paid to sell the phone....... so your statement is wrong.

The iPhone is a phone for stupid people. This is why it is perfect.

The first rule of UI Design is:

Think of your Grandma using it.

Apple thought of your Colourblind Grandma.....

When you notice the restrictions of its OS, then you are better off with Android or BlackBerry.

Windows Phone is following the same Design Philosophy as Apple.

You see so many flavours of the same in those places where personal need and preferences are the driving force for choice.

Barry Schwartz: The paradox of choice | Video on TED.com

We are less happy than the iCrowd because we have choice.

Posted via CB10
    Very silly statement.
    So 40% of the American populace are "stupid"
    I've just come back this morning from a pension investing conference in Montreal. Over 150 industry practitioners there and by my (admittedly non-scientific) observations, probably 3/4 people were using an iPhone and even higher "share" for an iPad.
    These are smart people running millions of dollars in pension plans and you label them "stupid"? You don't label them stupid when they but certain cars, prefer different clothing labels for their suits, or specific watches. But yet somehow they are "stupid" when they but their phone?
    Such a tired and worn-out argument.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    03-01-14 05:47 PM
    I have a iPhone 5s and it's a piece of trash....

-No expandable memory
    -No HDMI out
    -No video out(can't find settings)
    -No bluetooth file transfer
    -No flash player
    -Can't add songs as ringtones
    -Only Download 20mb at a time unless connected to wi-fi
    -Tiny screen & touch pad
    -Basic boring os

this list can go on for miles....
    ^^^Dubious^^^

iOS 7 increases data limit for downloading over cellular (to 100mb, up from 50mb)
    How create ringtone on your iPhone with Garageband (Since iOS 6, no iTunes required)
    Airblue sharing for iOS 7 released: send files via Bluetooth from iPhone to anydevice
    HDMI Out (via Lightning cable)

-No video out(can't find settings)
    This is believable.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 03-01-14 at 09:53 PM.
    03-01-14 05:52 PM
    I hate to break it to you but prior to the ipod - Apple was a joke.

Posted via CB10
    I hate to break it to you, but Apple was no joke. Not ever. Their computers are top notch and always have been. You seem to think that they didn't come into existence until they created ipod.

Posted using my Z10
    03-01-14 05:53 PM
    Very silly statement.
    So 40% of the American populace are "stupid"
    I've just come back this morning from a pension investing conference in Montreal. Over 150 industry practitioners there and by my (admittedly non-scientific) observations, probably 3/4 people were using an iPhone and even higher "share" for an iPad.
    These are smart people running millions of dollars in pension plans and you label them "stupid"? You don't label them stupid when they but certain cars, prefer different clothing labels for their suits, or specific watches. But yet somehow they are "stupid" when they but their phone?
    Such a tired and worn-out argument.
    They won't understand what you're saying. They're not exposed to people with money.
    shaleem likes this.
    03-01-14 05:56 PM
    Lol @ Apple buying 35 million iPhones.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    Ya, I was going to formulate a well thought out rebuttal until I saw that line.
    Then I realized that joining the conversation would be like hitting my head against a wall.
    You can't even have a discussion with folks who pull whimsical numbers and stats out of their behind, based on twisted logic and jaded by their own bias.
    shaleem and avt123 like this.
    03-01-14 06:16 PM
    Ya, I was going to formulate a well thought out rebuttal until I saw that line.
    Then I realized that joining the conversation would be like hitting my head against a wall.
    You can't even have a discussion with folks who pull whimsical numbers and stats out of their behind, based on twisted logic and jaded by their own bias.
    Isn't that what sales and marketing is about?

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-01-14 06:32 PM
81 ... 234