So this is a little rant after reading some really stupid comments and posts on this site and others. I wont name sites or usernames I just need to get this out

So there is this big battle mostly between IOS v Android v BB. Everyone is deciding do I stay with blackberry or do i switch to IOS or Android (most going for IOS). I saw a post where someone compared IOS to BB as they were thinking of switching to IOS from there blackberry. This person did a comparison of which offers the best features and what not.

First I read that someone said the design of the iphone is better than BB (as in physical features). BB offers the same features outside the phone as an iPhone and how does an Iphone have a better design, that thing is horrible to hold compared to most blackberrys which feel good in the hand.

Then I read that he said Iphone offers better customer service, sorry I didn't realise that that on the phones specifications list they said that the phone would offer great customer assistance..... To me that comes down to the person who picks up the phone at the end of day. You may get someone who is having a s*** day and doesn't wanna do his job properly or you might get someone who is good at there job.

Media: He said that Iphone wins because he can sync his itunes music to his iphone, last time I was in BBDM I was able to sync mt itunes music to my BB unless that has changed since yesterday. If you want to compare media compare the music and video player on the blackberry and iphone.

Apparently the Processor on the Iphone 4 is a lot better than that on a BB 9900. I don't know if this person lives under a rock or is blind and can't actually see his screen, still undecided what disability that person has.

I saw someone compare touch screen of an iphone to that of a bb9780. Obviously the 9780 was built without one and is made for a man who likes a physical keyboard. You can't compare touchscreens on a phone that has one and then one that DOESN'T!!! (Shoot me now)

On another post apparently a unique feature of the iphone is 'iMessage'. How the f*** is that unique when blackberry has BBM and iMessage is just a rip off of BBM as Apple new that they were losing a small portion of the market because people LOVED BBM. BBM is one of RIM's strong points and to say its a unique feature of apple makes me want to play russian roulette.

Not to mention someone saying that IOS is better because it is touch and BB doesn't have that capability. Once again there is the torch series and the new Bold and Curve have a touch screen which is usable with the UI.

Personally I know people will disagree with what I am saying here and a lot of people will agree. I am just sick and tired of iPhone users so proud of Apple for having all these great features and what not when some of them such as OTA download and 'iMessage'(BBM for iphone) when that was introduced all by RIM. Not to mention the stupidity of some of these posts and comments i saw. A lot of these people will compare the two in a way where it is like comparing a dog and a cat.

Rage has now been completed.
    robtanz, graxyq, nico2004 and 4 others like this.
    11-15-11 04:24 AM
    I see smoke on the horizon. Get your flame suit out Zgods.
    zgods1 likes this.
    11-15-11 04:31 AM
    I got the flame suit, boots, gloves, helemet and flame case for my BB
    11-15-11 04:35 AM
    I got the flame suit, boots, gloves, helemet and flame case for my BB
    You win this round! In a fit of rage if they were to throw an iphone at you, I am sure it will break. If you were to throw your BB at them, it has a good chance of survival.

Jokes apart, I agree with you. This forum has become a parking yard for many iphone android lovers in the guise of 'I owned a BB earlier, so I have the right to be here and compare my 2007 Blackberry with my 2011 ip4s or android'.
    Last edited by graxyq; 11-15-11 at 05:12 AM.
    16698624 and anon(73368) like this.
    11-15-11 05:10 AM
    F***in' ****!!! Both Blackberry's and iPhones are good in their own special way. To be honest I rather stick with my Blackberry due to the fact that it provides me with an awesome rendering of websites and I've filled out numourous applications with ease using just the screen of the 9900. As for the iPhone, it's brilliant for the apps, games, graphics and also the keyboard is awesome but can never compare to the awesomeness of the bold 9900.
    11-15-11 05:11 AM
    Have you owned an iPhone, OP?
    11-15-11 05:13 AM
    To the OP you are right there are some people on this board that have no clue when they spout off about phones. That sword cuts both ways. i agree that the person you identified is incorrect and they should be corrected.

Although there are plenty of BB fanboys that do the same thing.

Yes I own an iPhone and yes I have owned several BBs and they both have there strengths and weaknesses.

Now if you get your panties in a bunch because of what someone says that's a different story altogether. I used to get mad as h*** about BB folks posting misinformation after misinformation and I finally realized you can't fix stupid.
    Chrisy and ThePinkChameleon like this.
    11-15-11 05:21 AM
    Have you owned an iPhone, OP?
    Yes I have owned an iPhone. I think that it offers great social networking, the display is good, media is great on the phone. I just think the blackberry has better qualitys for the purpose of a phone such as email, keyboard, texting, bbm. Over all I think the BB is a better more practical phone and not a gimmick such as the iphone, the iphone offers to many novelties that wear off, i had one for a month, the apps were cool for about two weeks then i figured that i never used them, only thing i miss is a quality banking app.
    11-15-11 05:21 AM
    You win this round! In a fit of rage if they were to throw an iphone at you, I am sure it will break. If you were to throw your BB at them, it has a good chance of survival.

Jokes apart, I agree with you. This forum has become a parking yard for many iphone android lovers in the guise of 'I owned a BB earlier, so I have the right to be here and compare my 2007 Blackberry with my 2011 ip4s or android'.
    Just dropped my bb off the Eiffel Tower. Got a scratch on the bottom of the phone.

So people know this post is more annoyed at people bagging the BB with statements and opinions instead of hard facts.
    11-15-11 05:23 AM
    Now think the iPhone is hardly a gimmick there are some things the iPhone can do that the BB can't. It's not a gimmick it is the best selling smartphone. The apps are only as good as what you use them for. There are plenty of high quality business apps I use daily in my job.

This is what gets the flames started calling one phone or the other a gimmick or a toy.

Say what you want but be prepared for the flames to come. Just saying......
    11-15-11 05:26 AM
    Once again read my post... I am not bagging out the iPhone I am merely pointing out that the comparison between the iphone and BB is unfare as the points used against the BB aren't well justified or they are simply just dribble out of mentally disabled person. Yes I am flaming but to highlight this point I am more than happy to get the flame suit on and go for gold

#bbpride
    11-15-11 05:31 AM
    Yes I have owned an iPhone. I think that it offers great social networking, the display is good, media is great on the phone. I just think the blackberry has better qualitys for the purpose of a phone such as email, keyboard, texting, bbm. Over all I think the BB is a better more practical phone and not a gimmick such as the iphone, the iphone offers to many novelties that wear off, i had one for a month, the apps were cool for about two weeks then i figured that i never used them, only thing i miss is a quality banking app.

That statement right there.
    11-15-11 05:33 AM
    There are many people who just don't know what they are talking about... and mostly they think that iphone is the best thing out there 10 levels above the others, well i don't like those waves of bullcrap, thinking that mainstream is the best.. i have the right respect for iphone as a toy that ca be used as a phone but Blackberry is what i call a smart communication device.
    11-15-11 05:34 AM
    Duude, chill. . You will see plenty of **** here - from all tribes. Enjoy the multicultural aspect to our little community.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-15-11 05:36 AM
    Duude, chill. . You will see plenty of **** here - from all tribes. Enjoy the multicultural aspect to our little community.
    Okay get this clear. I am not an iPhone hater. Yes I am a Blackberry fan, I love my BB. I think the iPhone is great in its own ways. But what i am HATING on here is people speaking complete dribble that isn't even true. That what I am annoyed at. I have used all platforms except symbian, they all have there pros and cons. I think BB is the best for my needs, but they all provide there own features as well. So no hating on other phones or OSs just people talking s***
    11-15-11 05:42 AM
    Dude you can spend all day dealing with stupid in this forum. It goes both ways all the idiotic posts about itoys and fart apps. Like I said you can't fix stupid.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-15-11 05:44 AM
    Put users on ignore.
    Skip threads/post that annoy you.
    Sign off for a while.

No need to rage. It's just a phone forum. Chill out.
    11-15-11 05:47 AM
    Yea Zgods, as accidental said, dealing with stupid is difficult.
    Kick back, enjoy a cold one mate. And watch Cricket.....oops scratch that, Aus vS SA would make you fly off into another rage
    11-15-11 05:52 AM
    Just expressing myself. That is all. If the mods or admins don't like it they have to right to move or delete it
    11-15-11 05:52 AM
    Kick back, enjoy a cold one mate. And watch Cricket.....oops scratch that, Aus vS SA would make you fly off into another rage
    Oooooh. Cruel. . I think 46 is a perfectly reasonable score for, er, 5 year olds!
    11-15-11 05:57 AM
    I myself have been a Blackberry user for years now, so with the 9930 having OS 7, and my Playbook 64GB I am limited on the amount of apps available for either of them, with almost none of the same apps available for both. Out of all my family and friends my wife and I are the only ones still having Blackberries, and that pretty much eliminates the need for BBM since I have unlimited text, and data. Everytime I read an article or visit any website that offers a mobile app for their business it is almost always for iPhone or Android. So I am eligible for NE2 on 2 out of 3 of my phones in 2 months I believe I will have to get at least 1 iPhone and see if it suits my needs and further my interaction with contacts, before I make the full jump. I can say one good thing about OS 7 is I have not spent any money on themes for my 9930, lol, where as for my previous Blackberries, I have spent "HUNDREDS" on themes. Never, ever thought about leaving Blackberry till this last month.
    11-15-11 06:06 AM
    hahahahhaha, if i could send you to the sin bin for 10 minutes i would :P
    good call though!!
    I'll sit back and watch a good game of AFL
    11-15-11 06:14 AM
    I get where the OP is going, but to me the better question is why he/she cares enough to rage over comments on free-to-join internet forum. Now I'm just waiting for the OP's complaints to be cheered on by the same people that get upset when PlayBook users complain about a device they've spent hundreds of dollars purchasing. Oh, the coming irony.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-15-11 08:33 AM
    The other night I was sitting around a campfire with a buddy who has an iphoneand has never owned a BB. He said to me: "I'll bet your phone can't do this" and he turns on a flashlight app. Can you believe it?

It is symptomatic of the distortion field that has been build around these toys vs anything else. He then said, I just hope RIM will have caught up by the time I renew my phone 2 years from now.

There are those out there who have never had a BB and who moved immediately to iphone when they went to smart phones that are of the impression that BBs have rotory dials.

I suppose RIM has no one to blame than themselves. Too much comfort in their zone and they lost the marketing battle.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-15-11 at 12:09 PM. Reason: language
    11-15-11 10:07 AM
    My BB has a flashlight App. .
    melb_me likes this.
    11-15-11 10:15 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD