On Yahoo yesterday there was an article by a guy who actually did the REAL NUMBERS on how much it would cost to use an iPhone from last year AND this upcoming iPhone.

Interesting enough...this upcoming "cheaper" iPhone will cost users MORE! Check out the math, the subscription from ATT costs MORE for the new iPhone, which in turn makes up for the "cheaper price".

How the half-price iPhone 3G actually costs you more : Christopher Null : Yahoo! Tech

I have to give Jobs a "thumbs up" at trying to scam consumers into thinking they were getting a "great deal". I hope this math gets TONS of publicity so potential new iPhone users know what they're getting into.
    06-11-08 09:40 AM
    I saw that yesterday too. Thought it was funny how so many people were excited over the new iphone being cheaper, only for it to be more expensive in the long run.
    06-11-08 09:53 AM
    It will be interesting to see how this price of $199-$299 will play out at the consumer level. Is your average consumer going to realize that they are going to spend more on the 3G device. But it also makes me wonder why they are doing it. Is it the push features, or is it the 3G network.

Why? The Bold is 3G, so if At&t is going to charge more for the iphone because of 3g, they could potentially raise the Bold's data rates by $10
    06-11-08 10:06 AM
    Just another reason to love my crackberry even more

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 11:27 AM
    It will be interesting to see how this price of $199-$299 will play out at the consumer level. Is your average consumer going to realize that they are going to spend more on the 3G device. But it also makes me wonder why they are doing it. Is it the push features, or is it the 3G network.

Why? The Bold is 3G, so if At&t is going to charge more for the iphone because of 3g, they could potentially raise the Bold's data rates by $10
    Yeah, but at least the Bold come with better texting included as well as better bluetooth
    06-11-08 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD