The iPhone blows the BB out of the water. Movies pictures music games apps etc. The iphone is the best at
    Yeah yeah yeah. You have fun with that new iPhone Adonis.
    03-09-09 08:04 PM
    Yeah yeah yeah. You have fun with that new iPhone Adonis.
    oooooo yeah i am. im on it right now, actually able to navigate with safari just like i do on the computer, just as fast!
    03-09-09 08:07 PM
    oooooo yeah i am. im on it right now, actually able to navigate with safari just like i do on the computer, just as fast!
    Sounds like good times to me.
    03-09-09 08:09 PM
    Sounds like good times to me.
    u need to go try one, the battery lasted like 6 hours today.

Im still going!
    03-09-09 08:12 PM
    u need to go try one, the battery lasted like 6 hours today.

Im still going!
    Not for me. There are enough around me that I get to use one every so often. Not my cup of Earl Grey.
    03-09-09 08:19 PM
    Really is the image, I looked at almost every smart phone out there except BlackBerry's because I though it was a Pocket Protector Guys phone! I thought it was a phone with corporate email, "no thanks"

However after a nightmare with the Touch Pro I was told by an advanced tech "to try a BlackBerry their basically bulletproof and it would do what I was trying to do." I haven't looked back, actually I'm looking forward to what BB comes next!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 08:41 PM
    These are very subjective and also a small part of what makes the phones different. For example you didn't give the BlackBerry a +1 for a full keyboard. "coolness factor" is pure opinion (like all of the other items).

I have an iPod Touch and I actually would rather surf the web on my Bold due to the physical keyboard and the lagging the iPhone / iPod Touch has when scrolling up or down. That doesn't necessarily means it's better but its my preference.
    Full keyboard.. Heh.. I bet you $100 dollars I can type out a paragraph quicker on my iPhone than you can on your physical KB. $100 bucks. I've actually beat a few IT buddies who were using Blackberrys.

Once you actually begin to use the iPhone's keyboard, you get used to typing on it to the point where it's the perfect virtual KB, no joke. I've been using touchscreen devices since the Casiopia, all the way through WinMo's latest and nothing, NOTHING comes close to the iPhone's virtual KB.

03-09-09 08:47 PM
    I personally think the storm is already killing the Iphone as is.. That's my personal opinion on it. To me the iphone. Is just a ipod with a phone on it.
    03-09-09 09:05 PM
    The storm is SLOW
    03-09-09 09:24 PM
    Wait for Android. Google has the power to knock off the iPhone
    03-09-09 09:30 PM
    Full keyboard.. Heh.. I bet you $100 dollars I can type out a paragraph quicker on my iPhone than you can on your physical KB. $100 bucks. I've actually beat a few IT buddies who were using Blackberrys.

Once you actually begin to use the iPhone's keyboard, you get used to typing on it to the point where it's the perfect virtual KB, no joke. I've been using touchscreen devices since the Casiopia, all the way through WinMo's latest and nothing, NOTHING comes close to the iPhone's virtual KB.
    As I mentioned before, all of this is your preference.

When I was using my Treo 800w as my phone I used my iPod Touch as my PDA (since my phone wasn't working well). I typed out quite a bit everyday and while I was able to type pretty fast with it, there is no way I could have typed as fast as I type on my BlackBerry. On my desktop keyboard I can type about 80 wpm; not the fastest in the world but also not the slowest. I never tested how fast I could type on either my iPod or Bold but I feel I type somewhere around half that on my iPod and a little more on my Bold; it just feels so much more comfortable to me.

Virtual keyboards offer no resistance or pressure like a real keyboard and, due to lag, you never know when you'll miss a letter (this happened frequently on my iPod Touch when I upgraded to 2.0 though it's no longer as bad with the latest versions). So that's great you were able to use it; I wish I liked virtual keyboards more since I love having large screens but it just doesn't feel good to me. Touch typing is also impossible (sure you can remember where the keys are drawn on the screen but you can never be 100% sure without looking because you can't feel them).
    Wait for Android. Google has the power to knock off the iPhone
    I had very high hopes for Android but I don't think the implementation is as good as the idea. The idea of an open-source operating system is perfect; nothing locked down and everyone can do anything to it including auditing and securing it for specific types of networks, etc.

The problem is Google is locking out certain things such as the application store blocks certain types of applications (like Apple), you can't always buy them depending on if the application has DRM on it or not and you cannot root the device (well, there are "ways" but not out of the box unless you have a developer's phone) due to copyright concerns.

So while the idea was awesome, the implementation so far leaves much to be desired. I am very hopeful though.
    Last edited by Kasracer; 03-09-09 at 10:10 PM.
    03-09-09 10:07 PM
    fix all glitches and make it smoother.
    03-09-09 10:28 PM
    and how about adding some wifi to it.
    03-09-09 10:29 PM
    The Iphone is a great toy and media player and a fair phone, but it's phone and email capabilities are no match for a BB.
    03-09-09 10:36 PM
    as much as i wanted to like the storm, i was typing on my cuzins for an hour or 2 and the one thing that bugged me was the screen clicker.
    i type so fast that while my right finger was pushing the button, before i let off the keyboard my left finger was on another button but the screen was still down from the original press.
    i dont know if any new os's are different but he still has the original os and i had to type alot slower allowing the screen to pop up from each click to type another letter.
    has anybody had this problem or was i having early storm woes.
    i do like the idea of the sure press of the storm but on my lunch break i stopped at an apple store today and fooled around with an iphone and i really like how the letter you push enlarges when you touch it.
    i honestly though i would have had a very tough time typing on the iphone but it was suprisingly easy. i dont know about mobile typing though while i am driving (i mean no i dont do that, lol)
    it just seems like every type of transition you do on the iphone goes so smooth.

dont get me wrong i am very anti iphone. i believe someday someone will come out with a phone that will have as much hype as the iphone and i am hoping it is BB but i tend to stay with the underdog. i dont believe BB is the underdog in the phone dept but switching between apps and having as many apps and being such a multi media phone i have to say iphone wins.

i am in it more for the constant connection with the world and super fast email retrival so i am sticking and still loving my curve.
    03-09-09 11:11 PM
    The "phone" aspect of a BB or an iPhone is subjective.. If you are in an area with full GSM(3G)/CDMA coverage the difference is negligible.

Infact, If you are in full GSM 3G coverage, you can continue to get your emails while you talk on the phone. You cannot do this on any cdma phone.

Call happens, data pauses, call ends, data resumes

In any event, email is superior on the BB, multimedia is superior on the iPhone.. and the Storm is going through an identity crisis.
    03-09-09 11:11 PM
    as much as i wanted to like the storm, i was typing on my cuzins for an hour or 2 and the one thing that bugged me was the screen clicker.
    i type so fast that while my right finger was pushing the button, before i let off the keyboard my left finger was on another button but the screen was still down from the original press.
    i dont know if any new os's are different but he still has the original os and i had to type alot slower allowing the screen to pop up from each click to type another letter.
    has anybody had this problem or was i having early storm woes.
    i do like the idea of the sure press of the storm but on my lunch break i stopped at an apple store today and fooled around with an iphone and i really like how the letter you push enlarges when you touch it.
    i honestly though i would have had a very tough time typing on the iphone but it was suprisingly easy. i dont know about mobile typing though while i am driving (i mean no i dont do that, lol)
    it just seems like every type of transition you do on the iphone goes so smooth.

dont get me wrong i am very anti iphone. i believe someday someone will come out with a phone that will have as much hype as the iphone and i am hoping it is BB but i tend to stay with the underdog. i dont believe BB is the underdog in the phone dept but switching between apps and having as many apps and being such a multi media phone i have to say iphone wins.

i am in it more for the constant connection with the world and super fast email retrival so i am sticking and still loving my curve.
    I experienced the same thing when I had the Storm for a few weeks. I had to slow down my typing.. And when I went back to the iPhone, I found myself pressing HARD on the screen thinking I needed to click it down. Storm has done a good job at re-training people's brains to use a touchscreen.. People fell in line like zombies and now when/if they use the next touchscreen, they'll have to re-train their brains again.
    03-09-09 11:14 PM
    I experienced the same thing when I had the Storm for a few weeks. I had to slow down my typing.. And when I went back to the iPhone, I found myself pressing HARD on the screen thinking I needed to click it down. Storm has done a good job at re-training people's brains to use a touchscreen.. People fell in line like zombies and now when/if they use the next touchscreen, they'll have to re-train their brains again.
    lol good i though is was me just being ******** with a t/c phone.
    like i said i didnt have the problem with the iphone typing.

i dont know if i like the icons on the storm either. i think i am used to my curve icons that are not see thru, lol
    i would have like to see maybe a different type of os from rim with the storm.
    i guess if it aint broke, dont fix it
    03-09-09 11:25 PM
    if palm can release the pre out as soon as possible, then it will definitely be the iphone killer.

hopefully, palm will not delay this for several months; if so, it will be facing the next-gen iphone...
    03-09-09 11:28 PM
    I carry my 8330 and my iPod Touch and I love both. I would not get an iPhone because it is my opinion that when it comes to phone calls, e-mail, text messaging, instant messaging, and overall staying in touch/communicating you cannot beat the blackberry. However, when I want to listen to music, watch a movie, play a game (most notably, Sudoku), surf the web, and just overall have fun the Touch wins (I know the Touch isn't exactly an iPhone but it's the closest I have). They serve different purposes and are focused on different markets.
    03-09-09 11:34 PM
    I totally agree. I have always said that if you owned an itouch the only reason you would need an iphone is to make phone calls and have constant data connection.

I want an itouch but I think it would be a big PITA for you to change songs at the gym and my finger would accidently hit the wrong damn thing.

03-09-09 11:50 PM
    I'm a graphic designer and it's kind of funny reading all the comparison between the iPhone and Blackberry. I hate to say I don't know either device all that well, but this discussion reminds of an argument we had about software. Adobe vs quarkXpress, look at us now. A lot of people stated that Quark was the best and they wasn't going to change, I know there are still guy in the industry working miracles with Quark. Adobe first attempt at print wasn't a pleasant experience and many said they weren't going to last. I can only remember one of my employers using Quark and I can't remember the last time I wanted to use it.
    I don't understand all the fuss about the blackberry. Maybe that's because I haven't taken advantage of the email thing[s], so far most of the things I currently do now I use to do on with the Nokia and the Razr. One thing I know, we sleep on the competition and we might be very surprise what my come up and be the iPhone killer.
    For me I use whatever work and what I can afford. In the next couple of weeks I'll be buying an Apple product because it works and it get alone with a mac but it will be far from a Blackberry replacement. So, yaw'll keep up the debate; I can say I know someone will lose and someone will win.

03-10-09 12:36 AM
    And only time will tell if the iphone is still hot in the next 3 yrs or if a company will out due apple

03-10-09 12:41 AM
    well as you all know the iphone has been the phone to beat.
    from what i have seen and played with it is more of a fun phone than a practical phone.
    i believe what is keeping it going is the hundreds upon hundreds of apps they release for it.

now my question is what would RIM have to do to make an iphone killer?
    i know that was their intent with the storm but i do not believe they did as good as a job with it as they could of.

we have heard many stories of people going to the iphone from blackberries and hating it and some loving it.

what kind of phone do you guys think would kill the iphone?
    i want to know all the specs for your perfect phone and see if we can agree on some of them and dream up a kiler phone, lol

Two different audiences. IPhone is for consumers. BBerry for business customers. Both have failed to make inroads with the other (IPhone - entourate\activesync), (BBerry - Storm).

The best thing for anything is to have it in the press as being killed by the 'anything'-killer.

Kids with pierced faces will never buy a Blackberry. Dudes in pinstripes will never buy an Iphone. Those in the middle want a phone that works -- extra apps are nice, but if the phone doesn't work it will be a failure.
    03-10-09 12:43 AM
    Hey I have a peirced face and I have a BB?
    I think the main preception of the BB is for the buisness person but there are a lot of apps for it to make it fun.

I am far from a buisness person. I am a 24 year old living life and loving my BB. Not a buisness person. I would kill myself if I ever was, lol
    I couldn't look at a graph or comp screen for that long in the day. I would rather build buildings and bridges, lol

03-10-09 12:49 AM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD