I was a BB using on Verizon, switched to ATT for the iPhone, and now I'm back with Verizon. Just picked up a 9630.

Anyway. I dont have outlook to sync my contacts from my iPhone. Is there another easy way?
    09-11-09 09:04 PM
    Google sync maybe?
    09-11-09 09:35 PM
    I 2nd MM. Try Google Sync. It is the only thing I can think of for you.
    09-11-09 09:41 PM
    I was looking into it, but I really don't want my gmail contacts and phone contacts mixed together. From what I understand, thats what would happen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know where I can get outlook express? Hah.
    09-11-09 09:46 PM
    I know you want to avoid outlook but I did this for a friend.

Find someone you know who has outlook. Backup their contacts, erase them, sync your iphone then BB, erase your contacts an finally restore your friends. Sounds like a lot but I'd be surprised if it took 30 minutes.

What about a VZ Store? Could they not do it also?

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Shaylguul; 09-11-09 at 09:55 PM.
    09-11-09 09:53 PM
    I was looking into it, but I really don't want my gmail contacts and phone contacts mixed together. From what I understand, thats what would happen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone know where I can get outlook express? Hah.
    Google it. I don't think OE is available anymore. They have switched to Windows Mail or something like that.
    09-11-09 09:56 PM
    Avoid Windows Mail and Outlook Express if you can, neither one stores all the info. Try to stick with a full version of Outlook found in Microsoft Office (maybe I should have been a bit clearer before, sorry).

09-11-09 10:02 PM
    Google it. I don't think OE is available anymore. They have switched to Windows Mail or something like that.
    That's what I have

I'll have to try to find outlook. Thanks for the help everyone.
    Last edited by w00derson; 09-11-09 at 10:06 PM.
    09-11-09 10:04 PM
    You can do it with Windows Mail it just may not grab all your info.

09-11-09 10:07 PM
    Do you know how exactly? I've been messing with it and can't figure it out. I know when I went from my BB to my iPhone I used Outlook Express and it was easy.
    09-11-09 10:23 PM
    Without having DM in front of me I can't bee 100% sure but I'll do my best.

First I would backup my contacts on the computer ( just make a copy of the folder on ur desktop) then delete all ur contacts from the original folder. You will need to send all your contacts from your I phone to WM ( you're on your own here cause I'm not familiar with iphones I went from BB to BB). You will need to have Desktop Manager for the next step. Connect your BB and configure the sync for a one way transfer - from computer to device (if you want to replace all your contact info in your BB choose the REPLACE ALL DATA OPTION) and hit sync.

That should do it. Don't forget to replace your contact folder with the copy we made earlier ( if you want to).

I hope this helps.

09-11-09 10:39 PM
    how about creating another gmail account, since its free, and google sync with that, then your not mixing up contacts
    09-11-09 10:41 PM
    You can go to an apple store and transfer your iphone contacts to the address book application in OSX and then sync using pocket mac, then delete them off the computer. I know it works, I used the same technique on my MBP running 10.5 when I went from my original iphone to my storm.

EDIT: I would download pocket mac (the .dmg file and save it to your sd card, you can install apps onto OSX right from your sd card (just drag the file in finder to the desktop). I'm sure the mac techs will help you too if you are unsure how the process works.

Last edited by LawP; 09-11-09 at 10:59 PM.
    09-11-09 10:50 PM
    Without having DM in front of me I can't bee 100% sure but I'll do my best.

First I would backup my contacts on the computer ( just make a copy of the folder on ur desktop) then delete all ur contacts from the original folder. You will need to send all your contacts from your I phone to WM ( you're on your own here cause I'm not familiar with iphones I went from BB to BB). You will need to have Desktop Manager for the next step. Connect your BB and configure the sync for a one way transfer - from computer to device (if you want to replace all your contact info in your BB choose the REPLACE ALL DATA OPTION) and hit sync.

That should do it. Don't forget to replace your contact folder with the copy we made earlier ( if you want to).

I hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to type all that. I'm pretty familiar with DM, I was just wondering if you knew how to import contact from the phone to outlook. Thats how I did it when I went from iPhone to BB and it was a breeze.

I guess I'm set for now. I found an old BB backup from January on my external hard drive that had MOST of my contacts on it. So I got what I need for now.

Also, creating a new Gmail account for just my contacts sounds like a great idea! I'll give it a shot if all else fails.
    09-11-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD