haha, i can't beleive people actually wait inline....isn't that what the internet is for?
    yeah; one would think so right?

but the difference is that unlike last year's first iPhone where buyers could activate and register the phone on their own from their computer; this 3G iPhone requires activation and registration in-store. This is yet another inconvenience; and a rebuff of my theory of the neo-Robin Hood-tactics that Apple uses; and that Apple force feeds on AT&T, other outlets and ultimately the end user.
    07-11-08 12:02 PM
    I guess it's just a hype like all new things that are released, it will wear off soon. BB for life
    07-11-08 12:07 PM
    yeah; one would think so right?

but the difference is that unlike last year's first iPhone where buyers could activate and register the phone on their own from their computer; this 3G iPhone requires activation and registration in-store. .

But haven't you seen the news this morning, the stores are sending the iPhoners home to finish the registration...seems there is a network issue and it is taking 20 min or more to get the darn thing activated. I almost feel sorry for them!

Software problems bug Apple's launch of new iPhone: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

ABC News: iPocalypse? Huge Delays as iPhone Can't Be Activated In-Store
    07-11-08 12:10 PM
    I stopped by and plyed with the new I Phone this morning. It was really a lot of fun to use and it was pretty amazing. However, when you get to the keyboard you realize what a major pain it would be to have to use it everyday. My fingers are just too big. But, the screen and the interface are terrific!
    07-11-08 12:15 PM
    But haven't you seen the news this morning, the stores are sending the iPhoners home to finish the registration...seems there is a network issue and it is taking 20 min or more to get the darn thing activated. I almost feel sorry for them!

Software problems bug Apple's launch of new iPhone: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

ABC News: iPocalypse? Huge Delays as iPhone Can't Be Activated In-Store
    Ew, that completely sucks. Oh well, I'm completely content here eating my lasagna and playin' with my berry.
    07-11-08 12:16 PM
    Loving your signature LilCostello!!
    07-11-08 12:19 PM
    Loving your signature LilCostello!!
    Thanks! *HaHa* You're the special #1 who's said that
    I don't think many people get the 'Freddy' part... but it's Freddy Krueger for all of you loonytoons.
    07-11-08 12:21 PM
    it will be just my lucj that i win a contest on another site thats giving away a new iphone. i enter all the contest here hoping to win a BB for my stepson,but no luck...today is the 11th and my lucky number, so what will i do if i win this thing? i dont want my stepson to start hanging with 'the wrong crowd'. he wants my 8830 real bad, so maybe i can win the Bold?? then we can sell the iphone and buy some cool apps and stuff here on the CB!!
    07-11-08 12:25 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD