We all know somebody who has an iphone and thinks the world of it. And many people with a blackberry think the world of it. But me personally im bored of my blackberry, is the iphone the way to go? or is it not all its cracked up to be? I cant decide. I might even go back to Nokia 3310 and go back to the good old snake days.

Shall i stick with blackberry or go over to the dark side of iphones?
    09-29-11 11:10 AM
    This is why they make chocolate and vanilla. You either like one or you don't. Nobody should make your mind up for you.
    09-29-11 11:24 AM
    This is why they make chocolate and vanilla. You either like one or you don't. Nobody should make your mind up for you.
    Second the motion!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 12:14 PM
    Why are you bored with BB?

What do you want from a smartphone?
    09-29-11 12:16 PM
    I can't see me giving up on a keyboard, and I am typing this slooooooowly on my Ipad!

09-29-11 12:18 PM
    If you're bored with BlackBerry, give iPhone a try, you'll probably like it.
    09-29-11 01:26 PM
    Or just try some extra jalapenos on your nachos. That's always good for a few thrills too.

If you're bored with your Blackberry, the fun will wear off your iPhone after you've run the fart app a few hundred times.
    09-29-11 01:32 PM
    What wears off even quicker is the fart app joke/argument. Try an iPhone, if you like it, keep it, if you don't, do something else.
    09-29-11 01:49 PM
    I would recommend trying out the Iphone to really appreciate what a good communication device is. I did the Iphone for a little less than a year and it ended up seeming so silly to me just after a couple weeks. I ended up having only the big name apps that every OS has plus a one or two. I felt there was no depth to OS beyond what the app developers have done. no options, very little settings, no ergonomics, email wasn't reliable, battery could have been a lot better, media was difficult for me not being an Itunes user, and the fact that you are limited to the amount of sources one can get media from.

I think you will soon miss the efficiency and well thought out platform of the Blackberry that you have grown bored of.
    09-29-11 01:56 PM
    A good portion of my family and I communicate via BBM, and that's what's keeping me with Blackberry. My line of work (style/fashion media) is very much iPhone!
    09-29-11 02:04 PM
    I do have both and tend to switch from time to time. As an email device and bbm and bbmm this BlackBerry is doing an excellent job. And I can only second what people said about the wear off factor. O don't really use a lot of apps on there as when I'm out and about I don't use loads of apps as I'm either driving or walking.

Again go into a shop and try both. There might be tons of apps but you will probably finding yourself only using a few that come as standard.

Hope that somehow helps from an iphone/bb user

09-29-11 02:26 PM
    Two tin cans and a string. Lord, I hate these threads. There's at least 3-5 new ones created every day.
    Do you like to have fun, goof off and "fit in"? Get the iPhone. You like to communicate, get the BB.

Posted from my Mexican 9930 at wapforums.crackberry.com Odelay!
    Last edited by decypher44; 09-29-11 at 02:44 PM.
    09-29-11 02:41 PM
    personally I will with the blackberry eh
    if all you're going to do is talk/email/text and the odd apps
    I just used the BB traffic, and it was awesome!

but if you want angry bird or skype go with apple eh
    09-29-11 02:48 PM
    You should get the Palm Pixi Plus.
    09-29-11 02:56 PM
    When my old Bold 9000 started to act up last spring, I gave the iPhone a good shot by borrowing my son's old iPhone 3 for 2 months.

I confirmed my need for a real keyboard but the iPhones had quite a few advantages over the BB.

I ended up getting a Torch 9800 which I'm quite happy with, and seem to fit my needs.

If I have to get a new phone right now, it might consider the new Bold with the touch screen and a better KB. However, it is all about what fits your needs.
    bestsprayer likes this.
    09-29-11 05:30 PM
    I set up an iphone4 and wasn't impressed. If you do go that route you'll have to jail break it to get a simple app like a call blocker.
    09-29-11 07:26 PM
    Ive seen the ads for the new bb bold with touch screen and that looks good! The only reason im bored of my bb is the apps available never seem as good or fun as the ones for the iphone! My boyfriend has an iphone and im constantly stealing it off of him to play games. But i know id miss my bbm and qwerty keypad!
    09-30-11 02:22 AM
    Ive seen the ads for the new bb bold with touch screen and that looks good! The only reason im bored of my bb is the apps available never seem as good or fun as the ones for the iphone! My boyfriend has an iphone and im constantly stealing it off of him to play games. But i know id miss my bbm and qwerty keypad!
    Sounds ideal to me, get your ne BB and use his phone for playing

09-30-11 05:13 AM
    Get a BlackBerry and an Ipod touch for games and music. Like others have said everytime a new app comes out I use it for a while and then get bored.

09-30-11 05:41 AM
    If you cannot make up your mind, a feature phone might be the best answer. /sarcasm.

09-30-11 05:08 PM
    Get a BlackBerry and an Ipod touch for games and music. Like others have said everytime a new app comes out I use it for a while and then get bored.

and THAT is my SOLUTION! It's what i did and so far, I'm happy! You get your communication device as it is, and you get to play games and do more multimedia stuff with your ipod touch.
    09-30-11 08:46 PM
    Iphone --- SOO MANY APPS and the home screen ... Too many choices. I went the Blackberry route and I am happy with the emailing, texts, calling and bbm I use. Everything works so neatly with each other. But ultimately PICK a phone and USE it, it's impossible for us to tell you what to buy... To many options...
    09-30-11 10:35 PM
    I'm going to say the same thing as others. Keep a BB for your primary device, that you all ways carry. Then get an Ipod touch for the apps. If you kill your battery on the Ipod from playing with it. You will still have your blackberry going strong for the communication that you need.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD