I have an iPhone 4 and I am not very happy with it. I loved my 3GS when I bought it because I loved playing on all the apps. They are a gimmick now and I only really use facebook, twitter, msn and calling and texting and sometimes emails. I have also tried a HTC Desire I did not like that either. The phones I wanted to try were the bold 9700 or the bold 9780. What I am asking is, has anyone come from an iPhone to blackberry. How did you find it? Did you miss anything the iPhone had to offer?
    12-12-10 09:36 AM
    12-12-10 10:01 AM
    Ah thanks that is a good article . Anyone else have any opinions to offer?
    12-12-10 10:19 AM
    Well I went from BB to iPhone back to BB due to the easy use, customization, and overall performance but I already preferred the BB so my opinion may not be the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 10:38 AM
    Great article. I'm an ex-iPhone user; I bought my first BlackBerry about a week ago (9780) and I love it! Very easy to use once you get used to the interface, and it's very reliable.

Something that always annoyed me about the iPhone is how people react to it once you take it out of your pocket to check an email. Every time I took out the iPhone, someone always asked me if they could check out my phone to see what kind of apps/games I had; (yeah I know, strange reason for switching, but it really gets annoying after a while). Since I got the 9780, I've noticed that I am able to take it out, take a quick glance at my phone, and put it back in my pocket without anyone asking me if they could "check it out".

I'm loving my BlackBerry, and I wish I never got the iPhone and just got the previous Bold at the time when the iPhone 3g came out.
    12-12-10 07:49 PM
    I came from the iPhone 4 to the 9650 (Bold) and 9330 (Curve 3G). The only thing I miss are two things. The first is the super high resolution screen. The second is the media player. The iPhone has the iPod and it super easy to interface with iTunes. The media player on BlackBerry is okay. But nothing more than okay.

12-12-10 08:09 PM
    I hve da 3GS and da curve. I like em both but wid pick da iPhone but wid hate to lose my bb but day r both insured so it's alryt. Wats wrong wid da iPhone 4?

12-12-10 09:17 PM
    I hve da 3GS and da curve. I like em both but wid pick da iPhone but wid hate to lose my bb but day r both insured so it's alryt. Wats wrong wid da iPhone 4?

I hv da bold & I think da iphone is very overrated but I has never owned one of da phones, I think maybe da app selection is betta on da iphone from what I hear.
    12-12-10 11:44 PM

Da BB haz da bedder spell chekr.
    12-13-10 12:19 AM
    Took me a while to understand the last few posts there :P but thanks for the replys. I don't want my iPhone anymore as I have no need for the apps. I have tried every other mobile OS I tried a blackberry instore and I loved the initial experience. I am trying to get either a bold 9780 or a bold 9700.
    12-13-10 09:32 AM
    9780 if you're just buying for sure... OS6 out the box, better camera, etc.

12-13-10 09:48 AM
    Took me a while to understand the last few posts there :P but thanks for the replys. I don't want my iPhone anymore as I have no need for the apps. I have tried every other mobile OS I tried a blackberry instore and I loved the initial experience. I am trying to get either a bold 9780 or a bold 9700.
    If your main priority with a phone is messaging then you will be very happy changing to a bb.
    12-13-10 09:50 AM
    9780 > any smartphone
    12-13-10 09:51 AM
    If getting a new phone, I would hit up the 9780 as it is the newest offering and is solid! A beefed up 9700 basically...and I love my 9700!

Good choice by the way...I loathe Apple and I had a 3G back awhile ago...

12-13-10 11:35 PM
    Hmm it could be a problem for me getting a blackberry. A friend has offered to let me try a blackberry for a while to see if I like them. If I put my iPhone 4 microsim in the phone (in an adapter). Will I not be able to get data for facebook and twitter etc? (Not bothered about bbm).
    12-14-10 12:06 PM
    I had the 8100 then switched to the iPhone3G, then to the 9800. The iPhone was cool for awhile, but I really missed the physical keyboard. With the Torch, I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I get the big, beautiful screen AND the physical keyboard. I just love it.
    12-14-10 03:00 PM
    If you do switch, you will absolutely love the quality of battery life. I sure did.
    12-14-10 08:33 PM
    Try out more than one device per platform. Every device is unique. If you truly want to go with a Blackberry, do your research. List the pros and cons of the platform. Know what you're buying and all the good and bad that come with the platform.

Bottom line, you may not be in love with your iPhone4 any longer, but don't get yourself into another device only to have the same result.
    12-14-10 08:43 PM
    Yea I understand, I have tried every other mobile OS apart from Web OS as I don't like the hardware.
    12-15-10 02:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD