My job gave us I phone 8s and I hate it. I personally use a Key One silver and everyone laughs at my personal phone as they all walk around with two I phones one biz and one per lol I just don't get how companies won't use blackberry when all we pretty much use the phones for is email? It drives me nuts
    rarsen likes this.
    05-01-18 08:08 PM
    I think its more the fact that your company has chosen iOS over Android as their OS of choice for their employees.
    Eugen Unson likes this.
    05-02-18 04:56 AM
    My husbands work had all BB but they moved away from it and gave some of them this terrible phone .. So small you could hardly read what was on screen. It was made to be dropped, water proof. At the time, not many phones were water proof. Most, didn't have a choice. He did so they ask him what phone he would like. I think he mentioned priv but they couldn't get that but they did get him dtek50 ... he wanted 60. Anyway, they are one of many companies that BlackBerry. Mine did, as well. I would say, many of these companies would not go, again, with keyboard (Even thought they all have BlackBerry, in the past). So I think it's a mistake to not bring out More keyboardless phone... most of this companies don't want them, any more.

But I will say, the Motion, which is water proof, would have been great for my husbands company but they had left BlackBerry so what can ya do.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-02-18 07:25 AM
    My job gave us I phone 8s and I hate it. I personally use a Key One silver and everyone laughs at my personal phone as they all walk around with two I phones one biz and one per lol I just don't get how companies won't use blackberry when all we pretty much use the phones for is email? It drives me nuts
    Ask your company's IT.... there are a number of good reason to stick with known products that are widely available and probable cheaper. Back when the iPhone 8 launched, it was only $350 through corporate sales... but there was no BlackBerry option. Company would have had to go outside normal channels and paid retail, and dealt with a change in how they get support.... FOR WHAT?

Buying based on sentiment isn't something "companies" tend to do....
    05-02-18 08:22 AM
    Ask your company's IT.... there are a number of good reason to stick with known products that are widely available and probable cheaper. Back when the iPhone 8 launched, it was only $350 through corporate sales... but there was no BlackBerry option. Company would have had to go outside normal channels and paid retail, and dealt with a change in how they get support.... FOR WHAT?

Buying based on sentiment isn't something "companies" tend to do....
    No BB option? The KEYone came out in late May... although it was really ready to be out in the field by July, if you know what I mean lol

But yeah if they could get the i8's cheaper then they wouldn't go BB, or any other for that matter I guess
    05-02-18 03:25 PM
    No BB option? The KEYone came out in late May... although it was really ready to be out in the field by July, if you know what I mean lol

But yeah if they could get the i8's cheaper then they wouldn't go BB, or any other for that matter I guess
    My company uses Verizon... thus the no BB option. Even if they were willing to go direct and pay full price BlackBerry had such a shortage on CDMA phones back then.... it wasn't too clear how "in it" BBMo really was.

I assume that via AT&T there is comparable discounts / corporate pricing. Which is why BBMo getting carrier support in the US is so important.
    05-03-18 07:53 AM
    Trust me when I say that the iPhone 8 is a better option than the iPhone X. I bought it because I thought it might be a good option since it uses gestures much like BB10 - boy was I wrong. Don't even get me started on the FaceID garbage or pretty much anything else Apple is basing it's advertising focus on.
    05-03-18 03:05 PM
    Trust me when I say that the iPhone 8 is a better option than the iPhone X. I bought it because I thought it might be a good option since it uses gestures much like BB10 - boy was I wrong. Don't even get me started on the FaceID garbage or pretty much anything else Apple is basing it's advertising focus on.
    Surprised to hear a complaint about the iPhone X Face ID. I have found that it works remarkably well even in environments with very little light.
    05-03-18 07:22 PM
    It even works in the dark - when it feels like it. However, even this morning it took 3 tries to get the phone to unlock. Why? I don't know, but it is inconsistent for me. Plus, as has been stated elsewhere, it's a bit of a pain in the butt to hold up the phone to do things like using Apple Pay - sometimes it's just inconvenient to hold up the phone to access the security. For me, it's not just the FaceID that has lost me as a phone - there's things that I find quirky or poorly thought out and some things just straight up work inconsistently or don't work at all (such as having multiple sources of contacts - try creating a contact that needs to go to a different repository that isn't the default or Apple's).
    05-04-18 06:56 AM
    It even works in the dark - when it feels like it. However, even this morning it took 3 tries to get the phone to unlock. Why? I don't know, but it is inconsistent for me. Plus, as has been stated elsewhere, it's a bit of a pain in the butt to hold up the phone to do things like using Apple Pay - sometimes it's just inconvenient to hold up the phone to access the security. For me, it's not just the FaceID that has lost me as a phone - there's things that I find quirky or poorly thought out and some things just straight up work inconsistently or don't work at all (such as having multiple sources of contacts - try creating a contact that needs to go to a different repository that isn't the default or Apple's).
    iPhone X

Making people look like they're taking selfies when they're just trying to unlock their phones...minus the duck faces
    tazcubed likes this.
    05-04-18 07:04 AM
    iPhone X

Making people look like they're taking selfies when they're just trying to unlock their phones...minus the duck faces
    You don't need to hold it up to your face. You can simply look down at the phone instead.
    05-04-18 08:39 AM
    Surprised to hear a complaint about the iPhone X Face ID. I have found that it works remarkably well even in environments with very little light.
    Here's someone you may listen to: CNET's Scott Stein. I disagree with him that it's the best phone out there, but listen to what he says about FaceID after being with it for 6 months. https://www.cnet.com/videos/my-six-m...-the-iphone-x/
    towngirl likes this.
    05-09-18 07:31 PM
    Here's someone you may listen to: CNET's Scott Stein. I disagree with him that it's the best phone out there, but listen to what he says about FaceID after being with it for 6 months. https://www.cnet.com/videos/my-six-m...-the-iphone-x/
    I listened to him and I agree with certain criticisms he has but not about the Face ID. I think he asking for too much when he claims he wants the Face ID to be able to work flawlessly when waking from sleep, etc. As far as I am concerned the Face ID works very well!
    05-09-18 08:09 PM
    He sounds like he needs a keyone and just hasn't realized it, yet
    tazcubed likes this.
    05-09-18 09:57 PM
    This is a first generation product and will be much improved on the new models this year. My wife has one and it can be inconsistent at times. Touch ID on the iPhone 5S wasn't perfect when they first launched it and it was slow and unreliable. Its nearly perfect now (even though they are most likely doing away with it).
    05-10-18 06:38 AM
    I listened to him and I agree with certain criticisms he has but not about the Face ID. I think he asking for too much when he claims he wants the Face ID to be able to work flawlessly when waking from sleep, etc. As far as I am concerned the Face ID works very well!
    What you're ignoring is that Scott is saying it is inconsistent. If you're using a fingerprint reader, it's more consistent when people go to use it - period. Scott's other complaint is that you do actually have to raise it up and position it to get it to work at times. The phone also has to be a certain distance from your face, which may be further away than your reading distance which is a pain in the butt. So far as having too high an expectation, I disagree - if it doesn't work when you point it at your face, it's inconsistent. I'm glad it works to your satisfaction, but for myself it's maddeningly inconsistent even ignoring the "half-covered face" scenario.
    05-10-18 06:57 AM
    He sounds like he needs a keyone and just hasn't realized it, yet
    I would imagine he tests a number of phones, but I think there's got to be better phones out there than this iPhoneX.
    towngirl likes this.
    05-10-18 06:59 AM
    It's no secret the face ID feature of the iPhone X has its limitations. Remember the launch? Lol

05-10-18 08:02 AM
    It's no secret the face ID feature of the iPhone X has its limitations. Remember the launch? Lol

The salesperson told me it's not accurate with ugly people and try Android instead.
    05-10-18 09:21 AM