Hey friends,

EverythingApplePro just "revealed" how the iPhone 8 might be navigated.

And the answer is: gestures.
    Just like BlackBerry10 had it 4 years ago - back then people complained how "complicated" gestures are, nothing is better than a home-button, gestures are useless etc.

Now we might gonna see gestures on iPhone8 like they were on OS10, like swipe up to unlock, swipe up to exit apps etc.

BlackBerry10 devices could have been the first company that had "bezel less" devices if they would have done it right - they were so far ahead!
    Now they back-step to the old tech Android.
    But then there was a outdated Classic or the Leap with that foundation.

So much potential, so wasted - they are a joke.

Now Apple is the "king" of gestures...

Here is the link to the video, I mentioned:

Posted via CB10
    mastar97 likes this.
    08-31-17 03:29 AM
    To give credit where credits due BlackBerry ripped off Nokia who ripped off Palm
    08-31-17 04:20 AM
    Gestures? Maybe it's time for me to get an !Phone

Posted via CB10
    nuff_said likes this.
    08-31-17 10:27 AM
    I have a gesture for ya.....
    08-31-17 10:30 AM
    Apple implementation is much better than BB10 though. That's the problem with BB, when they implemented gesture, it was complexed... killed apps "randomly" (when you load more than 8).

It Everything Apple Pro is right, Apple's implementation is much more intuitive.
    ck2nb likes this.
    08-31-17 10:41 AM
    Apple implementation is much better than BB10 though. That's the problem with BB, when they implemented gesture, it was complexed... killed apps "randomly" (when you load more than 8).

It Everything Apple Pro is right, Apple's implementation is much more intuitive.
    That's what Apple does. They weren't the first ones to do touch screens either, obviously. But they did all the many little things that you need to do to make it work for most people.

(BTW the killing apps randomly problem is because of the utterly foolish decision to have "desktop class" process mgmt in a phone. That was the new BB10 team's lack of experience with phones. If they had asked their BBOS colleagues, they would have known that.)
    08-31-17 10:48 AM
    That's what Apple does. They weren't the first ones to do touch screens either, obviously. But they did all the many little things that you need to do to make it work for most people.

(BTW the killing apps randomly problem is because of the utterly foolish decision to have "desktop class" process mgmt in a phone. That was the new BB10 team's lack of experience with phones. If they had asked their BBOS colleagues, they would have known that.)
    Haha typical BB mistakes. It was nice while it was going... although BB10 wasn't intuitive enough for the general public, it was a great OS generally.
    08-31-17 11:04 AM
    Apple invented the Smart Watch, personal assistant, smart phones etc. So only logical they would be the investor of gestures too. And don't forget Apple invented fingerprint sensors too. Now need to find $1000 and start lining up at the store. Apple is the best at marketing. BlackBerry not so much. Won't know a marketing ad if it hits them on the face.
    08-31-17 11:25 AM

BlackBerry10 devices could have been the first company that had "bezel less" devices if they would have done it right - they were so far ahead!
    Now they back-step to the old tech Android.
    But then there was a outdated Classic or the Leap with that foundation.

Posted via CB10
    By all means, send your resume to John Chen - sounds like you're much smarter than all of BB's management.
    xandros9, terminatorx and TGR1 like this.
    08-31-17 04:24 PM
    To give credit where credits due BlackBerry ripped off Nokia who ripped off Palm
    yep, everything old is new again. WebOS 2009

08-31-17 04:40 PM
    Apple invented the Smart Watch, personal assistant, smart phones etc. So only logical they would be the investor of gestures too. And don't forget Apple invented fingerprint sensors too. Now need to find $1000 and start lining up at the store. Apple is the best at marketing. BlackBerry not so much. Won't know a marketing ad if it hits them on the face.
    No one claim that Apple invented all of the above. But pretty much everyone agrees that they perfected it.

And you forgot something big in the list: NFC payments. BB was pretty much the first in the market but implementation was horrible.
    xandros9 and shaleem like this.
    08-31-17 04:44 PM
    This is not a bad thing. Maybe it will reveal to the BlackBerry management how awesome BB10 OS is. The real issue for BB10 is not the OS but the app ecosystem.
    08-31-17 06:54 PM
    (oops)
    08-31-17 09:19 PM

I don't get how the way they implemented gestures resulted in apps being closed after a certain number... Sounds more like memory management to me...
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    08-31-17 09:21 PM
    I don't get how the way they implemented gestures resulted in apps being closed after a certain number... Sounds more like memory management to me...
    After 8 apps, the first one gets automatically killed. It's not a memory issue, it's how the OS is designed. It was designed this way so that it has a "desktop" feeling... but when was the last time a desktop apps get killed by itself???

iOS somehow uses a different approach where apps goes through different states and remains suspended with minimal memory usage. With iOS 11, they basically "imported" the card view, added a dock at bottom and bunch of shortcuts on the side.
    08-31-17 09:28 PM
    After 8 apps, the first one gets automatically killed. It's not a memory issue, it's how the OS is designed. It was designed this way so that it has a "desktop" feeling... but when was the last time a desktop apps get killed by itself???

iOS somehow uses a different approach where apps goes through different states and remains suspended with minimal memory usage. With iOS 11, they basically "imported" the card view, added a dock at bottom and bunch of shortcuts on the side.
    Still don't see how this is related to the gestures...
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    08-31-17 10:17 PM
    well, don't forget that a lot of Apple's team are former BB10 UI people.

Apple recognizes talent, and nurtures it.
    Slash82, nuff_said and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-31-17 11:01 PM
    This is a sad day.
    timmy95 likes this.
    08-31-17 11:45 PM
    @Slash82, I love ya, but let it go. @vladi is right. The MeeGo and webOS guys have been carrying this pain and joy for a lot longer than BB10 fans. Android has offered gestures for a quite some time now too. It's about time for iOS. I'm sure Apple will do a very polished, and well integrated version, that will be regarded as innovative, LoL. This has nothing to do with BB10, and everything to do with what failed that it copied.

BlackBerry lost the ecosystem race long before BB10. By the time it rolled out, they were a tiny portion of the marketplace. Even rolling out on time, and 10.2, BlackBerry couldn't have attracted enough apps to matter. We had a good run. An amazingly long one, all things considered. It was fun, and I will miss the great things about it. If you want to continue the BB10 experience, go GooBerry, and work with the development team active on the forum, especially the hub+ forum.
    08-31-17 11:45 PM
    I can't believe BlackBerry didn't rip off the back gesture. It would have been great on the Passport keyboard.
    08-31-17 11:57 PM
    Apple might be copying other's idea. But what makes them standout is there easy to use IOS, integration with eco systems and the application. they make it simple. Those gestures were there even before BB10. But as always BB didn't capitalise the market and completely ruined their own business. It seems like BB is doing the catching up nowadays. BB10 can still do wonders if it's in the right hands.
    09-01-17 12:14 AM

I don't find apple devices intuitive at all, I would say it depends on what you are used to using. Some people say the Dvorak keyboard is intuitively simpler compared to QWERTY, but if you are used to QWERTY you might say different. There are a lot more android OS devices out there than anything else. Even the screen in my car is basically an android OS tablet underneath it all. I'm used to using BB apps on BB10 or more recently on an android BB.
    Parker_Lewis likes this.
    09-01-17 08:29 AM
    apple go extended length to make it easy to use (for 90% of people), but pricy (for 50% of people)... it good at take product, spend time /money on it and make it near perfect. It does not afraid - not invented here... many company lock itself in the "not invented here" box, sad. (besides, you need J. Ivy and Jobs to scrap the crappy design, not buckel by marketing pressure and shipping deadline to get it right... Jobs learned from Newton... many other ceo yet to learn their lesson - if the company not bust before that... Chen must be kicking himself not launch K1 at BB own... it could be a game change 2 years ago with Qualcomm 1B, BB would be a decent 3rd place for sure;-). I guess HTC design are truely not as good as BB - 2 years ago.
    09-01-17 09:35 AM
    At this point Apple could literally introduce features that are identical to BB, and people would applaud and justify them.

They could come out with a keyboard or track pad, and people would say how awesome and logical it is. I am not joking here, that's exactly what would happen.
    velkod and Parker_Lewis like this.
    09-01-17 09:57 AM
    I don't find apple devices intuitive at all, I would say it depends on what you are used to using. Some people say the Dvorak keyboard is intuitively simpler compared to QWERTY, but if you are used to QWERTY you might say different. There are a lot more android OS devices out there than anything else. Even the screen in my car is basically an android OS tablet underneath it all. I'm used to using BB apps on BB10 or more recently on an android BB.
    I am talking about gesture implementation on iOS11 that is gonna be released in a couple of weeks. I am currently testing the beta right now and it reminds me a lot of BB10, but Apple has this way of doing things that makes it more "instinctive"
    09-01-17 01:32 PM
73 123