Is this Chrisy that used to be a MOD, when I was a MOD?

Anyway, she is dead right in her post above! BlackBerry have geared more towards the business market lately, and that has left the general day to day consumer in the wind. A shame really. To me, if BlackBerry, well the developers of apps, went all in and started making the common day to day apps for BlackBerry OS, 10 in particular, there would be no stopping BlackBerry.

I guess over the next few years, we'll see how this all pans out.

In answer to the thread, yes, if you need the latest apps to function, then iOS might be the one for you. I don't need or have to have the latest apps, so I'm always going back and forth between my BlackBerry Passport and my iPhone 6 Plus.
    Yes, that's me, hello!! And I've been doing the same lately, switching between my iPhone and BlackBerry.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    12-31-14 06:58 AM
    Go for iPhone 6. I want to feel exclusive with my awesome Passport.
    lol lol lol ............oh yea
    01-04-15 02:58 AM
    I considered iPhone 6+ and Sony z3 (really) before ordering a passport.
    Ruled Sony out, I don't like android os style anymore and all the buttons on the phone.
    IPhone os seemed closer to BlackBerry 10, plus the advantages of unlimited apps for anything I could think off, but I don't use many apps and I found keep using the home button a pain, I much prefer swiping.
    So bb10 won out.
    Hope I get on with the passport size once I've had it for more than 5mins in a shop

Posted by my splendid Z10
    01-04-15 04:12 AM
    I think we sometimes get tired of recommending the virtues of BB10 only to hear someone say, "I don't like it because it doesn't do FaceTime!" iPhone is a simple recommendation to low information and low patience people. BlackBerry has always required some intelligence and diligence to appreciate.
    What about BlackBerry requires intelligence and diligence to appreciate? Why would that be a good thing? I appreciated it without any effort at all.

All these people who think they are intellectually superior just because they own a BlackBerry are ridiculous. Also people that judge others by the technology they own.

I'm speaking about Crackberrians or even just people in general, by the way. Not targeting anyone in particular.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy, LazyEvul and JesseBabe23 like this.
    01-04-15 05:24 AM
    Its all about preference. Its all about what you need your phone for. If everyone has the same preference, the least good looking people will never get married then.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.1151
    01-04-15 05:31 AM
    What about BlackBerry requires intelligence and diligence to appreciate? Why would that be a good thing? I appreciated it without any effort at all.

All these people who think they are intellectually superior just because they own a BlackBerry are ridiculous. Also people that judge others by the technology they own.

I'm speaking about Crackberrians or even just people in general, by the way. Not targeting anyone in particular.

Posted via CB10
    If anything BlackBerry requires patience. I agree with the rest of your statement!
    01-04-15 05:37 AM
    Go to iPhone 6

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:42 AM
    I have been a BB user for a long long time and still love my BB Z30 but lately been thinking about moving to the iphone. I do a lot of international travel and the TMobile iphone offers free in-flight texting and Wi-Fi calling, which is nice. Thoughts / advice - what should I do?
    The iPhone is a horrible experience. Ios is 10 year old technology and it will frustrate any sane person especially coming from a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    01-04-15 08:38 AM
    I have been a BB user for a long long time and still love my BB Z30 but lately been thinking about moving to the iphone. I do a lot of international travel and the TMobile iphone offers free in-flight texting and Wi-Fi calling, which is nice. Thoughts / advice - what should I do?
    Do both! I've had the iPhone 6 Plus for a couple of months now, and I use it for its strengths, which are media and certain apps I can't get on the BlackBerry. My Z30, which I've had since June last year, is now my primary messaging and productivity device. I've concluded one device can't do it all, so I have two devices, one with my personal phone number, the other for business. Plus, it's good to have that Z30 around in case my 6 Plus runs out of juice, which is often during the day. And it'd be easier to plop a 2nd SIM in the Z30 for international calling. Good luck to the OP in the final decision!

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:18 AM
    The iPhone is a horrible experience. Ios is 10 year old technology and it will frustrate any sane person especially coming from a blackberry

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha ha ha really, smh

Pearl 8100->Pearl Flip->Storm->Torch 9800->Torch 9810-Bold 9900->Iphone 3g->Iphone 4g->Z10->Samsung S3->Z30->HTC m8->Note 4
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-04-15 11:07 AM
    I'd go with iPhone 6 if I were you OP. And it's probably where I'm going in March when my contract expires.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-04-15 11:37 AM
    I'd go with iPhone 6 if I were you OP. And it's probably where I'm going in March when my contract expires.

Posted via CB10
    And your reason for this? Curious...
    01-04-15 12:45 PM
    Well, I'm not at all interested in a physical keyboard like the Classic or Passport. I've found I'm faster on all touch, and I like the larger screen. And the Rio does nothing for me.

To me I get the distinct feeling BlackBerry is losing interest in Hardware, and I don't want to be locked into an abandoned platform for two more years. And if they stay in the hardware game, it'll be geared for strict enterprise. However, honestly I don't even see BlackBerry beating Apple / Android at that game either.

And apps. Though so many here say it doesn't matter (while they side load apps), it matters to me. I can't even get a native sports scoring app that's worth a crap. I can't connect to my bank. BlackBerry maps are TERRIBLE. I can't use wearables without some goofy work around , and even then I believe I only have one option. And then there's apps I want that BlackBerry just doesn't have, such as Quick reader which allows me to read books in a speed reader.

I love BlackBerry 10, and would love to stay, but BlackBerry just doesn't seem interested in keeping customers like me.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and anon(153966) like this.
    01-04-15 01:15 PM
    Well, I'm not at all interested in a physical keyboard like the Classic or Passport. I've found I'm faster on all touch, and I like the larger screen. And the Rio does nothing for me.

To me I get the distinct feeling BlackBerry is losing interest in Hardware, and I don't want to be locked into an abandoned platform for two more years. And if they stay in the hardware game, it'll be geared for strict enterprise. However, honestly I don't even see BlackBerry beating Apple / Android at that game either.

And apps. Though so many here say it doesn't matter (while they side load apps), it matters to me. I can't even get a native sports scoring app that's worth a crap. I can't connect to my bank. BlackBerry maps are TERRIBLE. I can't use wearables without some goofy work around , and even then I believe I only have one option. And then there's apps I want that BlackBerry just doesn't have, such as Quick reader which allows me to read books in a speed reader.

I love BlackBerry 10, and would love to stay, but BlackBerry just doesn't seem interested in keeping customers like me.

Posted via CB10
    Without going to far off topic, I have to agree with most of your points here. In particular the points about apps. I feel BlackBerry is now and has been for a while concentrating on the Business Users, versus the Consumers...

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-04-15 02:29 PM
    However, honestly I don't even see BlackBerry beating Apple / Android at that game either.
    Posted via CB10
    Lol
    Who told you BlackBerry wants to beat those two?
    01-04-15 03:13 PM
    I think it all depends on what you want. To me, the iPhone is an iPod with cell phone capabilities. The communication side has always been weak and continues to be weak. After 6 years, I think we can safely say it's not going to change. Just look at Apple's lame version of blend called continuity. Just imagine the howls if BlackBerry built that dog.

I'm a communication person so the iPhone has just never cut it. I can understand people's interest in Apps. For me, they add a bit of fun and make a few things more convenient. You will hear people blather on about apps and lord knows I've even gave it a try for 6-8 months. The truth is that do very little and the hype is just that, hype. I still have about 80 on my Z10 but the other 150 or so I have deleted. Frankly, they do far too little to be of interest or to waste your time on. Most are mobile book marks and free games.

If the iPhone6 was priced at 350 dollars, I would buy it. At 800 dollars, all in for the cheapo version, it's a waste of money for someone like me. I find the build quality cheap, the screen is surprisingly dark, it has the feel of tin and the battery is useless. At best, you get 3-4 hours of modest use out of it. This is depressingly bad. And then there are the numerous issues with iOS8. Even the most ardent iPhone fans have problems defending it. It's pretty clear, this isn't the future of mobile.

If fun is what you want and you are happy parting with excessive amounts of hard earned cash, now and into the foreseeable future, then go for the iPhone. The BlackBerry passport is, however, way better bang for your dollar, hands down if you are in my shoes.

Posted via CB10
    Mo Cat and naveedk like this.
    01-04-15 03:33 PM
    I had the Z10 then upgraded to the iPhone 5S and now I have the 6 Plus and could not be happier. BB10 is great, but for me it just did not have everything I needed. With the 6 Plus I have access to every major app available natively, and the battery life is outstanding. The call quality and cell signal strength is great and the device supports VoLTE. The camera is better than basically every cell camera on the market and I take a ton of pictures so that is a big deal to me.

When it comes to communication I have zero problems as well. It is very easy to share things on iOS8. You can also install custom keyboards if you do not like the stock one. I have started using Apple Pay as well in select places and it works incredibly well.

It's all about personal preference and for me, right now I prefer the iPhone and iOS.
    01-04-15 04:00 PM
    What has T-Mobile to do with the Z30?

I bet an Iphone would fit you better. It is a "cool" device. Everybody has it nowadays. So you can't do anything wrong. To fit in is always the best solution. I bet the Z30 won't work internationally. Get an Iphone.
    naveedk likes this.
    01-04-15 04:03 PM
    BlackBerry 10 with native app support on the level of android / apple, and you'd have the perfect device. I'd never leave BlackBerry. It would be the best of all worlds. Hands down BlackBerry has the best OS on the market IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-04-15 04:33 PM
    What has T-Mobile to do with the Z30?

I bet an Iphone would fit you better. It is a "cool" device. Everybody has it nowadays. So you can't do anything wrong. To fit in is always the best solution. I bet the Z30 won't work internationally. Get an Iphone.
    The OP's reasons are justification for concern. T-Mobile does not support wifi calling/texting on the Z30 like they do with the Z10 and Q10. This is a great feature to have while traveling internationally. If they had sold the Z30 then they would support this feature, and they do support this on the phones they carry in the store. Now with BlackBerry and T-Mobile's fractured relationship, it's doubtful we will see this on any future BlackBerry devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:41 PM
    BlackBerry 10 with native app support on the level of android / apple, and you'd have the perfect device. I'd never leave BlackBerry. It would be the best of all worlds. Hands down BlackBerry has the best OS on the market IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing BlackBerry can do if they don't have developers supporting them. It will take time to gain dev support and the BB10 user base needs to continue to increase

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and Chrisy like this.
    01-04-15 05:19 PM
    I come from Iphone 5 and as great as the device is, there are many deceptions. If you take off the apps, iPhone is not that great. So many limitations regarding the options of your phone and the lack of speed to get to the right place (not hardware, but the flow and the design of the phone and animations of it.)

I find that blackberry is very more well built and that you can do everything faster. Btw, I do not use my Passport for business, I am just a happy consumer who loves his phone. Even the music player is better on BlackBerry. For example, adding a song to a playlist is way more intuitive on Blackberry and less time consuming. You can also reorganize the order of the playlist directly on the phone instead of opening itunes. And what to say about Blend and the hub? It is incredible, everything is at the same place on the hub and you can talk on your phone while sending text messages on Blend. Double up your productivity. The file manager is also much better on BB.

Finally, the camera is incredible in dark areas, it is very slow to focus but it captures more detail than the iPhone on dark nights. Remember pictures you took outdoor or in a restaurant and you can hardly identify people on it. Things have change with the passport. It gets marvelous pictures at night while it can equals iPhone at day or sometimes take a little worse pictures. Overall, passport camera is better imo because of dark pictures.

Finally second, the apps on BlackBerry are lacking. True. But with snap we almost get everything, there is almost no apps I use that do not work with BlackBerry. Notice that I am 23 years old and I use my device all day long...

Finally third (yeah, there is no ending to passport advantages), the keyboard is fantastic, not that it has hard letters, but you can use delete function as if you were on your computer, the auto correct is incredible compared to the crap of ios which propose bad corrections or do not see many ponctuation signs missing or absolutely do not understand the switch of two languages in the same sentence. The swipe thing is very good and many other stuff. Read a bit about the keyboard and you will know why it is revolutionary. It is not only the hard letters or the touch pad. There are so many shortcuts.

I had two main fears before switching which were the camera and the music player; finally the music player is better on PP and the camera is sometimes better and sometimes not, but overall suits better my needs than ios.

Wish you good luck with your decision, but take a look at the tests.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 06:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Nothing BlackBerry can do if they don't have developers supporting them. It will take time to gain dev support and the BB10 user base needs to continue to increase

Posted via CB10

Totally agree that BlackBerry has the best OS of all platforms. Call me when they get the apps too though. Because I can live with having to push that stupid home button, but there's just so many productivity apps missing from BlackBerry that I could not use it as my daily driver.

Of in hadn't tried iphone, and gotten used to thebapps, I would still be using a BlackBerry happily. But, BlackBerry doesn't even have a native or good podcast app. That's kind of weak. Not to mention ok Amazon app, Trip Advisor, Open Table or BOA.
    01-15-15 06:57 PM
    BlackBerry easy choice

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 07:44 PM
    BlackBerry easy choice

Posted via CB10
    Well duh
    01-16-15 01:51 AM
117 ... 2345