So many valid points are being made here.
    I do feel, if iPhone had similar gestures like BB10, Apple would simply make a killing. I mean even more so than now...

- On iOS, I don't like being in an email, and not being able to quickly go to an email from a few hours ago, without pressing the up\down arrows
    - The iPhone home button; simply annoying to constantly use it

But, I have both an iPhone 6 Plus and BlackBerry Passport
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-16-15 07:05 AM
    Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-16-15 07:37 AM
    I've used iPhone's quite a lot and find a lot of missing "features" that the BlackBerry has. These aren't things people on an iPhone even realize are missing, but you will.

- long pressing a letter on the keyboard doesn�t capitalize a letter.

- swiping down doesn't bring up the alternate keyboard and swiping back doesn't delete.

- Can't mark a text as unread (very useful if you can't reply to a text at the time you read it)

- messages are in different locations

- Cell signal will not be as good (proven many times with my wife's iPhone)

Those are just a few things I noticed. There are more that I notice when using an iPhone, but don't remember right now. As you can see, these are all little things that aren't deal breakers, but will annoy BlackBerry users. They also all deal with messaging and phone things.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-17-15 08:54 AM
    If touch screen is what you want. I say go for the 6. I have never owned a z30 though. And I must say, I always loved the feel of it in hand. I got a 5s and I just wish it was a touch bigger though I am getting used to its small size.
    01-17-15 09:10 AM
    I've used iPhone's quite a lot and find a lot of missing "features" that the BlackBerry has. These aren't things people on an iPhone even realize are missing, but you will.

- long pressing a letter on the keyboard doesn’t capitalize a letter.

- swiping down doesn't bring up the alternate keyboard and swiping back doesn't delete.

- Can't mark a text as unread (very useful if you can't reply to a text at the time you read it)

- messages are in different locations

- Cell signal will not be as good (proven many times with my wife's iPhone)

Those are just a few things I noticed. There are more that I notice when using an iPhone, but don't remember right now. As you can see, these are all little things that aren't deal breakers, but will annoy BlackBerry users. They also all deal with messaging and phone things.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely agree with this. When I first went from BlackBerry to iPhone I was appalled at all the missing features. I've slowly gotten used to the iPhone and its walled garden approach. But I miss so much about BlackBerry OS that I'm sure I'll be getting a Classic and switching back and forth! In many ways BlackBerry is ahead of its time and has the most efficient OS. I'm glad to see BlackBerry 10 OS has kept up what BlackBerry really is known for.
    01-18-15 02:44 PM
    I have a z30 as my phone and I use the iphone6 as an ipod. Best of both worlds I guess. The lack of apps for BlackBerry is so bad, that I had to get it for that reason. I still love my blackberry OS and several other factors that makes me still stay with my z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 05:06 PM
    Got the iPhone 6 last week. But may go back to the z30 and use the 6 as an iPod. Same way I had the z10 and used the iphone5 as an iPod. Too many things I miss about the blackberry to leave completely
    That's what happened to me. I have an awesome ipod 6plus with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 07:46 PM
    I've got a Z30 and an iPhone 6+ and of course the apps on the 6+ come in handy when needed. The only thing that's different for me is that I don't miss iOS when I'm on my BlackBerry and I don't miss BB10 when I'm on my iPhone. They both work very well IMHO.
    02-07-15 07:59 PM
    For a moment I thought I was in iMore or something... reading these comments....
    Go full Passport... or do you want an ugly, bending, weak signal, inferior sound, unsafe, buggy, battery wimp, hub-less iPhone?!
    After all how much time do you spend in the air-plane?! Take that time to relax... listen to the fabulous sound of your Passport with some Bose earphones... and Relax!
    Lol! Your "superior" Passport likewise bends/twists, has screen lifting issues, and a sucky camera.

And you recommend Bose??? Seriously???

Posted from a D618
    NinerJet9 likes this.
    02-08-15 04:10 AM
    if you have a choice go with the note just for the pen
    the pen is quiet functional you know. It deploys many ways to operate the screen easier, I think it's more functional compared to physical keyboard. BB is far behind, as long as they keep "texting minded" in their product.
    02-08-15 05:38 AM
    Using both sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Posted using my awesome Blackberry Q10.
    02-08-15 09:23 AM
    I have been dealing with screen issues on my 5c and it's no joke either. Not very accurate issues have created a headache and I have done a reset and will let you know what happens.
    Stay tuned!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 12:57 PM
    Use a Passport for 3-4 days and good luck going back to a conventional candy bar style device. I used my Z30 last night on wi-fi and was craving the wide viewing experience. If you have not used a Passport you will not understand. If you have you know exactly what I am talking about. This phone/device really is that good.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-02-15 01:41 PM
    Tought question. I have the 2, when I am using one, I miss the other one.

Despite some critics, the iPhone is a very productive device because of Apple's design's guideline, consistency and apps.

The Passport is a mini laptop in the palm of your hand mostly due to its screen ratio and it's OS, truly multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:40 PM
    Tought question. I have the 2, when I am using one, I miss the other one.

Despite some critics, the iPhone is a very productive device because of Apple's design's guideline, consistency and apps.

The Passport is a mini laptop in the palm of your hand mostly due to its screen ratio and it's OS, truly multitasking.

Posted via CB10
    No the iPhone is not that productive. The only thing to compare to iPhone 6 is the Z30 and if you typed on both the Z30 wins hands down and the email/ text message systems will beat any iPhone because it left the assembly line.
    I have them both and I can tell you right now I can out type any iPhone 6 user any day of the week.
    Too much stuff is squeezed together on the iPhone 6 however the 6 has a better look to the screen.
    BlackBerry is a typing demon so I can shoot a message off before the other guy does and check messages faster too.
    If BlackBerry and or carriers wants to keep its loyal users happy they would update the Z10 right away and stop playing games with the US users heads trying to get them to update to the Z30 and or move on to other phones.
    I was told that AT&T is the gateway to updates and so BlackBerry needs to put the pressure on AT&T some kind of way maybe even shame them into allowing the 10.3 update to be distributed.

05-19-15 02:57 AM
    It depends on your focus. If apps are your primary concern, then go with the iPhone. If text, email and phone calling are your primary focus, then go with a Blackberry such as the Passport. The real issue for me is the Hub, which is the actual answer to the iPhone user's prayers for the "One inbox to rule them all".

And with the BlackBerry's ability to load and run Android apps thru the Amazon Appstore and Snap, then app counts aren't a real issue. The battery life for my Passport runs to two full days with heavy usage, monitoring 4 email accounts, Linkedin and Twitter. Try that with an iPhone. I had an iPhone at work, and found iOS to be somewhat clunky and old fashioned.
    When did the iPhone become incapable of text messaging, email, and phone calls?
    05-19-15 05:27 AM
    Unless you are heavily invested in iOS, there are far better ways for you to get access to wifi calling on tmobile...

...Get a z10 with the extended life battery and have access to your blackberry apps.

...Get a cheap tmobile Droid that you can use when overseas.

Either solution will cost you a tiny fraction of the iPhone 6 since it is tmobile specific things you want access to, not apple specific ones.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 05:50 AM
117 ... 345