I live in Florida, my wife & daughter's iPhone 6s work just fine at the beach here at 95+ �F.

But then anyone here worried about the iPhone 6 limitations should visit iMore...
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-15-15 08:31 AM
    Ah that iPhone 6.. He gets warm in the sun
    Chrisy likes this.
    06-15-15 08:52 AM
    Apple phones have a large surface area of soft shiny aluminium that will collect heat where BlackBerry likes the hybrid rubberised look. Definitely a contributing factor to collecting heat for iphones. Perhaps this is why indonesia is such a BlackBerry favourite.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 09:35 AM
    You said it better than I could have. I'll just leave this here, with some minor additions for those totally in on "the point:"

2. Passport was in the identical conditions [30�C] as the IPhone 6 that stopped working and the Passport was fine.
    06-15-15 12:12 PM
    I have had my Z30 shut down due to high heat- 42C and higher- displayed a message - some functions are limited- calls still came in,but no data, screen limited, no media ect. surprised me when the phone is ringing but no display. And no ones iPhone was was working. And not very long after none of us were working either.
    Also at that one location, no apple works in the plant due to no reception.. my Z30 does, butjust barely that day

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and John Villareal like this.
    06-15-15 12:42 PM
    I remember this issue! It was all over CrackBerry! Good times...people thought their BlackBerry phones were possessed!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nlight-712070/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-267-a-712947/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utside-936805/
    Thanks for the link. Actually my wife's 9900 has been experiencing this issue lately. I am going to check those threads.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204
    Chrisy and reeneebob like this.
    06-15-15 01:42 PM
    Wow! I wonder how hot it was inside your truck! So I guess all phones do this. I've left my iPhone inside my car but I've used a windshield heat screen a with the windows cracked and the phone is in a cubby between the seats. Also have dark tinted windows. Though it still does get very hot, it's never in direct sunlight inside my car. Maybe that's why I've never had this issue.
    Just to provide a little more info: the door was wide open in my truck, no sun shining in the window, ambient temperature was hot and it was charging from my Car Charger. I had no need to use the Classic, but it appears that it would be usable if necessary.
    06-16-15 02:20 AM
    Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 02:31 AM
    I have had my Z30 shut down due to high heat- 42C and higher- displayed a message - some functions are limited- calls still came in,but no data, screen limited, no media ect. surprised me when the phone is ringing but no display. And no ones iPhone was was working. And not very long after none of us were working either.
    Also at that one location, no apple works in the plant due to no reception.. my Z30 does, butjust barely that day

Posted via CB10
    See, business phone. If you had had that "million dollar call" coming in, you would have got it.... iPhone users would have missed it! ;-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    John Villareal likes this.
    06-16-15 04:00 AM
    I live in Florida, my wife & daughter's iPhone 6s work just fine at the beach here at 95+ �F.
    83 degrees here and my iPad just shut off with the overheating warning after about 10 minutes of music in the sun.

Wonder why some seem more vulnerable than others?

That was even running the iOS 9 developer beta.
    06-21-15 01:25 PM
    Have used the Z10 a lot in temperatures of 45-48'c under direct sunlight I'm from India it gets very hot here in the summers.......and it hasn't given any problem or any screen safety messages etc

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10 10.3.2.2204
    06-21-15 02:11 PM
    See, business phone. If you had had that "million dollar call" coming in, you would have got it.... iPhone users would have missed it! ;-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    Very true. That location is a cell phone black hole. The closest towers are 9 miles away over two mountains or 26 miles in the states. Neither of my galaxys (s3 and s4) would connect there and my Z10 lost service about 1/2 mile away. The company uses I phone 4 & 5 and they only work in the office area- not the production plant(they actually use two way radio for plant communication) long story short Z 30 does work thru the whole plant and that is not picking up the repeater in the office(different symbol when on office repeater) cuts the battery life down when i work there-good for 7-9 hrs max but only there. Best phone I have ever had

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 08:04 PM
    As some others have pointed out, surface area probably has something to do with it. Also electronics in general do not like excessive heat. That's why air conditioning is essential where electronic equipment is used.
    You cannot compare one person's experience on a beach with another's in a car. Too many variables. Let's just agree all phones have the potential for this happening and put our egos away.

Posted via CB10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and TGR1 like this.
    07-24-15 07:26 AM
    A couple of weeks ago, I was in 104 degree temperature and my BlackBerry Passport was very sluggish taking pictures and video, often failing with an error message.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-24-15 11:33 PM
    I have had this problem with my Passport once when it was exposed to direct sunlight.

Basically, extreme heat is not good for ANY electronic device and should be avoided if possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 12:14 AM
    I have had this problem with my Passport once when it was exposed to direct sunlight.

Basically, extreme heat is not good for ANY electronic device and should be avoided if possible.

Posted via CB10
    This right here. Does not matter the device or the manufacturer. Electronics hate heat. Some may give in sooner then others but all will give in with time.

Nice story op. Shows the Passport is more heat resistant then the Iphone6. The rest of this thread? Delete.

Posted via CB10
    fanisk likes this.
    07-25-15 12:57 AM
    Friend of ours had to put her iPhone 6 in a cooler on the Fourth of July here in Sacramento as it shut down. It was @ 104 degrees but late afternoon and no direct sunlight. Neither my Z10, wife's Z30, or a couple LG'S had issues. We all found it odd as nobody else had similar issues and she was not even really using it much.
    07-25-15 02:05 AM
    I have never actually had this problem with any of my blackberry phones. But-I did have a problem with my Droid Turbo. I went to a graduation which was held outside and it was a hot day and a lot of people had their phones overheat. My Droid Turbo not only overheated but died! I could not revive it. Mouth to mouth did not help lol. I tried everything when I got home it was cooled off but nope-it was one dead product due to the heat. So I got a replacement from VerizOn. And again, I carry a couple of my blackberries (BB9900 and Classic) with no problems while I was at that graduation.
    fanisk likes this.
    07-25-15 04:19 AM
68 123