I recently got the iPhone 6 just to try it. I have a Blackberry Q10 and it's been 2 weeks now I'm using the iPhone. It is a great phone but... There is no phone, Android or iPhone that be even close to Blackberry on emailing. Blackberry is absolutely the King on emails.
    Actually I was waiting for the Classic because I do not like the Passport, but now I'm using the iPhone as regular phone with its tons of apps (but not even an app that can compite with BB either) and using Blackberry Q 10 as an email device. Do you have iPhone and BB also?
    Chrisy, bakron1 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-04-14 10:12 AM
    I use to carry both a BlackBerry and iPhone, then for the past 3 years or so I've been strictly iPhone but I'm going back to BlackBerry when the Classic drops. If you're an email person, you know that BlackBerry just does it right. I've tried to go all in with Apple but email handling just isn't great. iCloud is really great though but I think BB-Blend is the equivalent now so that's a huge plus. I personally don't want to "dual wield" again and just want one phone. So it will be the Classic as my primary and I'll have an iPad Air or iPad mini for the iOS stuff, if need be.
    mjrose29, Clanked and Chrisy like this.
    10-04-14 10:41 AM
    Many consumers use an iPhone and BlackBerry on a daily basis for work and play, it's very common. Keep both and enjoy what both have to offer

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    10-04-14 10:45 AM
    Try Acompli app for iPhone. It is like bb hub for email. Maybe better

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:43 PM
    Yes Acompli is very good but not close to blackberry yet. Doesn't get IMAP and I had problems getting hotmail emails. But it is a very good option for iPhone.
    10-04-14 03:43 PM
    Not even close, BlackBerry all the way.

From my ? phone.
    10-04-14 03:49 PM
    I recently got the iPhone 6 just to try it. I have a Blackberry Q10 and it's been 2 weeks now I'm using the iPhone. It is a great phone but... There is no phone, Android or iPhone that be even close to Blackberry on emailing. Blackberry is absolutely the King on emails.
    Actually I was waiting for the Classic because I do not like the Passport, but now I'm using the iPhone as regular phone with its tons of apps (but not even an app that can compite with BB either) and using Blackberry Q 10 as an email device. Do you have iPhone and BB also?
    I packed an iPod Touch and legacy BlackBerry at one time. I liked the BlackBerry for pure communication and organization, and I used the iPod Touch for media and apps.

I then went full iPhone to give the experience a go, and to check out the Apple OS. I like the iPhone for media and apps still; but I am going back to BlackBerry because I prefer that OS, how it handles files, the LED, physical keyboard and other details like custom profiles.

I don't like the virtual keyboard or autocorrect, you can't access data on the iPhone without iTunes which is slow and a burden, the notifications on iPhone don't suit me either. I have to constantly pick the phone up to see if I have a message. Apps are still great though.

So, yes I've had both platforms and both at once.
    10-04-14 04:54 PM
    Is this a trick question? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 04:56 PM
    I'm going to post a question on the Chevrolet forum....."Ford F250 or Chevrolet? "

Z30 144GB
    10-04-14 05:52 PM
    It's a valid question. It's interesting to compare platforms and verbalize what we view as pros and cons of each. I know I learn a lot that way!
    10-04-14 06:00 PM
    Yep as long as the discussion is about choice and why it has been chosen. Nothing else.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 06:07 PM
    BlackBerry Passport all the way. No need for any other device.

Passport on AT&T
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 06:33 PM
    I cannot blame the choice. I have chosen a Passport and Z30, but feel drawn to the note 4 because of the pen input.... and I don't think I should get a tablet....I already carry 2 laptops and 2 phones most of the time with me....

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 06:43 PM
    Ban OP, now!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    10-04-14 07:44 PM
    Ban OP, now!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    This would mean OP comes back with a Passport...... look what happened to Peevish....

10-04-14 07:52 PM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have the Passport and iPhone 5, but can't stand emailing on the iPhone , so use it rarely now.

Passport IS awesome and very addictive!! Lol

Classic will be a great phone also.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy and bakron1 like this.
    10-04-14 08:11 PM
    Bought iphone 6+ on launch. Returned within 48 hrs for iphone 6. Returned 24 hrs later for Passport. No regrets and not looking back. Was using Q10 and 5S back and forth for past year. Passport leaves them both in the dust. 6 is nothing more than an oversized 5. Apple without Jobs....i dunno

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 10:59 PM
    I never owned an iphone in my life. I did try one once. Maybe for 2 minutes. It sits in my daughter's desk drawer. It was a gift so she will never part with it. She likes her Samsung S4. I tried it for 3 minutes. Since the BlackBerry phone arrived, I have never been without one. My back ups are BlackBerry's too. Just in case of repairs. I am patiently waiting for a classic. Might buy a passport 2 as well

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-04-14 11:12 PM
    I just wanted to know if someone is using both phones besides me. I think Blackberry is awesome!!! Great! But the problem is that there are no much apps for it and the ones we can get from android some are not working fine. iPhone is also a great phone and have tons of apps, but even it is a great phone it is not close to BB in email. I need some apps that work very good for me but they do not work on BB, so I have the iphone 6 for fun and the Blackberry for productivity.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 11:30 PM
    Agree. BlackBerry is the email king still. Here is an example. And quite a maddening one. For me.

LG G2 running Android Kit Kat. Stock email client. (can't use the gmail app since it requires threaded/convo style emails far as I can tell, which I hate).

If you send me two emails. Test 1. Test 2.

If I am sitting at my work PC... Using an IMAP email client on the PC.

Emails hit my PC and phone via IMAP push.

So on the PC I delete test 1 only. Of course with an IMAP client on the PC and nothing stored on the PC that means the client will delete the email at the server at that moment.

Then a moment later I happen to pick up the G2. I open my email. It will still show both the test 1 and test 2 emails the moment the app foregrounds. So say as a reflex I open test 1. The email just deleted on my PC. Then I again by reflex delete it on the phone as well. The delete confirmation pops up.

Well as I had opened test 1 on my phone the stock email client also auto refreshed the inbox. It sees test 1 is NOT on the IMAP server. So with the delete confirmation still popped up, in the background test 1 disappears and the client loads test 2. Guess what happens if I say Yes, please delete. Well you'd think the pop up dialog would be bound to the original test 1 email and it would gracefully error out and say "error deleting message". You'd be wrong. It deletes test 2.

So I've deleted the wrong email many times before I pinned this down. Or I should more correctly say it deleted the wrong email.

I have reviewed the settings in the app and even if I turn off "load next email on delete", instead setting it to return to the list of emails, it still background loads and deletes the wrong email.

So I thoroughly tested the same scenario on my Z10 and it has no such issue because the client only syncs the inbox at the sync interval. It does not sync the inbox every time the email app is foregrounded. Though I am wondering on BlackBerry 10 if you had delete confirmation on and happened to do this exact scenario at the moment the inbox was syncing, what would occur.

So I am not sure if the email app on the G2 is the stock Android app. I know each manufacturer kind of does slightly different things.

Wish I could use the official gmail app.

So I am probably going to be using my Z10 most of the time due to this. BlackBerry seems to be more careful in the details in this respect.

Or if there is some setting I have overlooked on the G2 that could avoid this I'd be happy. I do not see a way to turn off the auto refreshing of the inbox when the app is used.
    BlackBerry Guy and Searchy like this.
    10-04-14 11:35 PM
    This is an easy one... Remember security is more important.

Leaked Photo Scandal anyone? (IOS)

BLACKBERRY FOR ME
    At least with blackberry i feel safe and not have to worry about personal info/photos being leaked......
    Last edited by Lithtech; 10-05-14 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Not sure what BlackBerry guy was on about as i was on TOPIC -_-
    10-04-14 11:39 PM
    I just switched to BB Q10 from iphone 4s after 2 years with it. Absolutely love the feel of BB. I just love to have some clean customizations for the phone, not so free as Android, not so strict as iOS.

Posted via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-04-14 11:46 PM
    This would mean OP comes back with a Passport...... look what happened to Peevish....

OMG did something happen to Peevish? I hope he's okay.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Peevish; 10-05-14 at 12:10 AM.
    stanhanks and m1kr0 like this.
    10-04-14 11:55 PM
    I packed an iPod Touch and legacy BlackBerry at one time. I liked the BlackBerry for pure communication and organization, and I used the iPod Touch for media and apps.

I then went full iPhone to give the experience a go, and to check out the Apple OS. I like the iPhone for media and apps still; but I am going back to BlackBerry because I prefer that OS, how it handles files, the LED, physical keyboard and other details like custom profiles.

I don't like the virtual keyboard or autocorrect, you can't access data on the iPhone without iTunes which is slow and a burden, the notifications on iPhone don't suit me either. I have to constantly pick the phone up to see if I have a message. Apps are still great though.

So, yes I've had both platforms and both at once.
    At one point I did the same. Ipod touch + my blackberry curve. But then dropped the ipod when I got thhe Q10 since I noticed I hardly ever uused itt. But got myself a nice 8.3 android LG Gpad 8.3