So since october when I bought my first iPhone 5s on the AT&T network i randomly noticed reboots. for example i would be doing a bunch of things at once, listening to music, editing and sending a picture or running multiple apps. or i would barely even use my phone (like after an 8 hour shift of not touching my phone) and then i would try and make a FaceTime call or a regular call and it would just freeze and reboot by itself, and i'm on my second iPhone5s on the Tmobile Network and same thing keeps happening. I've talked to several people and 4 out of the 7 i asked have experienced this with their iPhone 5s. and I've seen a lot of talk on twitter about it so I'm guessing its not just me.

I'm just wondering why when it was happening to the Z10 it was all over the tech news and BB10 was getting criticized up the arse about it yet with the 5S no one seems to bat an eye. its ridiculous when you really pay attention.
    01-30-14 03:14 AM
    I dont recall it "all over the tech news" at all. It seemed to be mostly VZW phones and i only saw complaints on BB forums for the most part.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-30-14 10:50 AM
    Because apple can have an update out in a week, while BB users often wait - literally - months for those fixes.

When people know the fix will come swiftly and reliably, they tend to freak out less and just wait for it.

BB and Android phones are differently.

And there have been tons of publicized bugs for ios. Way more than for BlackBerry as they tend to get phenomenally less space on the tech blogs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-30-14 12:09 PM
    It was all over Engadget for months after the resolve. Also BlackBerry has been banging out the BB10 updates so not sure the above comment on fixes taking forever on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 12:13 PM
    Apple has not fixed the issue in days or weeks. I just spoke to my son about this last night. He has his 5s since launch day and he is still waiting for the "update" to resolve the issues.
    I believe the negative press towards blackberry is do to short sellers.

Posted via CB10
    Balti43 likes this.
    01-30-14 12:40 PM
    this has been happening since october so its been months for Apple. the blackberry reboot issue was al over Engaget and BGR for weeks, yet for apple mums the word. its annoying.
    01-30-14 05:28 PM
    Reboot still happening with 5S! No "update" yet! But it's OK for the Tech sites not to make News of this,after all its an Apple!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:38 PM
    Lol its lovely to see the iPhone users be honest and call out the "apple can have an update out in a week" bull. Having an update out doesn't mean the bug should be mummified while bashing another company for the same scenario

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:53 PM
    It is easy to kick someone when they are down

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    01-31-14 12:12 AM
    My girlfriend's 1 year old iPhone 5 had a few random restarts as well. I'm thinking the update may be taking long due to a more deep seeded issue with iOS7 that may be prevalent on 5s devices but may also be causing older devices to malfunction.

As for media talking about BB10 reboot issues it was simple. BlackBerry had a new OS and new phones that they had to get absolutely perfect to right a sinking ship. It made for a juicier story if the ship had major holes. As for iOS7 they could write something but Apple could have an update tomorrow for all they know. It's almost pointless besides the fact that media won't bite the hand that feeds (advertising revenue).

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 12:43 AM
    As far as I know, very few tech blogs made it out to be a big issue at all for BB10.

The people who made it out to be a big issues were the consumers who were dissatisfied with the BB10 experienced so much that they could not overlook these random and infrequent reboots.

Apple iPhones typically score much higher than BlackBerry phones in the user satisfaction charts. It's easier to dismiss something as a minor irritation if you like the device.
    01-31-14 06:22 AM
    Too bad they don't have leak os..
    To update

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 06:26 AM
    I have to say, I don't recall seeing much at all about BB10's rebooting issue outside of these and a few other help forums. In fact I was rather shocked that bloggers were not jumping on it at the time. I think random reboots are probably sporadic across all platforms, so when they happen, it just isn't news. This is actually the first I'm hearing about it on iOS. My wife has had a 5s for a couple of months now, and I don't think she's encountered it.

Come on guys, I'm as big a BB fan as they go, but let's stop the martyr act here. Yeah, Apple can be the darlings of the tech and financial media. So what. BBRY dug itself into this hole, and BBRY alone is going to have to dig itself out of it. We can't be expecting the media to change their minds about the company until it has proven it deserves it -- which I think it's well on its way to doing, but it isn't there yet.
    pantlesspenguin and gebco like this.
    01-31-14 07:06 AM
    I have to say, I don't recall seeing much at all about BB10's rebooting issue outside of these and a few other help forums. In fact I was rather shocked that bloggers were not jumping on it at the time. I think random reboots are probably sporadic across all platforms, so when they happen, it just isn't news. This is actually the first I'm hearing about it on iOS. My wife has had a 5s for a couple of months now, and I don't think she's encountered it.

Come on guys, I'm as big a BB fan as they go, but let's stop the martyr act here. Yeah, Apple can be the darlings of the tech and financial media. So what. BBRY dug itself into this hole, and BBRY alone is going to have to dig itself out of it. We can't be expecting the media to change their minds about the company until it has proven it deserves it -- which I think it's well on its way to doing, but it isn't there yet.
    No one is asking them to change their minds exactly. It's about fair reviews. I'll admit I didn't really read much about the z10 reboot but I remember reading forums on here posting links to articles talking about it..

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:31 AM
    My girlfriend's 1 year old iPhone 5 had a few random restarts as well. I'm thinking the update may be taking long due to a more deep seeded issue with iOS7 that may be prevalent on 5s devices but may also be causing older devices to malfunction.

As for media talking about BB10 reboot issues it was simple. BlackBerry had a new OS and new phones that they had to get absolutely perfect to right a sinking ship. It made for a juicier story if the ship had major holes. As for iOS7 they could write something but Apple could have an update tomorrow for all they know. It's almost pointless besides the fact that media won't bite the hand that feeds (advertising revenue).

Posted via CB10
    Actually the whole don't bite the hand that feeds you thing makes sense. Id do the same

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:32 AM
    The reboot issue on my Z10 was never really too bothersome for me as it happened very infrequently but my phone STILL does reboot on some occasions. Just before updating to 10.2.1 I noticed it started rebooting more frequently but has not since the update on Jan 28. Does anyone else still experience rebooting occasionally on their BB10 devices?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 08:47 AM
    I agree that the BB10 rebooting issue wasn't really covered outside of CB and other BB forums. At least not that I saw. Heck, I remember even on CB it took quite awhile to form the consensus that there was indeed a problem in the first place! A few users said they were having problems, a few users said "OMG STFU TROLL MY Z10 IS PERFECT YOU'RE LYING!" but as time went on and more devices were sold it became apparent that it was a problem. Then 10.1 came out and the same thing happened all over again. It fixed the issue on some devices, but others were still having the problem. The update made my Z10's reboots less frequent, but they still happened from time to time.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-31-14 08:55 AM
    I dont recall it "all over the tech news" at all. It seemed to be mostly VZW phones and i only saw complaints on BB forums for the most part.
    it was when the report came out that more phones were being returned then they were selling and one of the reasons was random rebooting and a lack of apps
    01-31-14 09:08 AM