You're right to some degree. There may not be much talk about the iPhone 5 at that time. But I'll bet you anything it will still be selling millions. Apple lets the numbers do the talking.
    honestly there isn't much to talk about it now either, where you compare the hardware to that of the droids or even the SIII, the camera if what nokia displayed was real then it doesn't don't stack up.

i'm sure it will sell but its not a huge step forward from what is out already, its not even really a step forward its just placing it in the same area
    09-12-12 01:34 PM
    No disrespect to these two I am going to mention, but did Jim B and Mike L join the board of Apple. Cause it sure looks like similar corporate types are running apple and its showing. Hiens sure looking alot better then Cook now thats for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-12-12 01:38 PM
    Duplicate post!!
    Last edited by sleepngbear; 09-12-12 at 02:45 PM.
    Doc Z, joski, morales0416 and 1 others like this.
    09-12-12 01:39 PM
    honestly there isn't much to talk about it now either, where you compare the hardware to that of the droids or even the SIII, the camera if what nokia displayed was real then it doesn't don't stack up.

i'm sure it will sell but its not a huge step forward from what is out already, its not even really a step forward its just placing it in the same area
    I agree, I am in no way suggesting that the iPhone 5 is monumental in any way. But is it enough to win me over and finally leave BB? Yes. That's the reality for countless people. So many of my friends were aware of the iPhone 5 rumors and were still willing to drop their Androids/BBs.
    BryantCarpio and richardat like this.
    09-12-12 01:41 PM
    RIM still has its work cut out for it with BB10 -- it is by no means a slam-dunk success. But I do think that smart phones have reached a point where there's only so much left that can be done to innovate

Right - we are heading into a very boring stage until someone comes up with the next big thing.
    09-12-12 01:41 PM

It's a step forward, however small or huge it may be. The improved camera is sure to be a hit given that low-light iPhone photos have always been pathetic. The bigger screen, too. I don't know how much the general public will care about the improved CPU and multiple bands. But I doubt it matters given the vast numbers who will buy anything that's shiny and bright and made by Apple.
    09-12-12 01:43 PM
    I'll be honest- as a BB devotee (big fingers need good keyboards), I've already strayed once (droid for a year, until I got so fed up with the crashes, lag, etc that I wanted it to have an unfortunate "accident" with oncoming traffic), and I've thought about straying again as the new iPhone was being released with 4G, a super processor, and a bigger screen. I was actually EXCITED for the announcement today. I've come away quite disappointed. Its an iPhone... that still does everything the old iPhone did, just a little bit faster. They changed the connector, so scores of accessories are now obsolete. I actually WANTED to be "wow-ed" today. I'm sure Apple will sell millions of these phones, but I don't see this phone winning anyone over from other platforms. Frankly, BB10 is the only new OS that has any hope of winning over new devotees. Whether or not people think it will is a matter of opinion, but because it is the only new and revolutionary product coming out it will have the opportunity to capture a number of disillusioned users from other platforms. I'm holding out all the hope in the world for BB10, and I hope RIM comes through, because I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't have a phone with a physical keyboard that I can rely on for messaging.
    JR A and Celandine like this.
    09-12-12 01:43 PM
    Right - we are heading into a very boring stage until someone comes up with the next big thing.
    I dont know about you, but after the release of iphone 5 today. jelly bean android is the best os hands down on the market. And looks like android is not done yet with rumored key lime pie. Hoping rim does do something inspiring with its new phones and os.

09-12-12 01:48 PM
    The iPhone 4S-Limo, or 4S-L, will sell well, and probably more than the 4s, but I don't expect the crazy growth over the previous generation that Apple has enjoyed with each new iPhone. The competition is simply coming out with more innovation now. I expect more tech bloggers will actually be critical of Apple this go around. I'm just hoping the carriers man up and tell Apple to either drop the phone price to them, or they increase the contract price for parity with the competition.
    gokulesh likes this.
    09-12-12 01:51 PM
    Still waiting for Apple's big news.... Did I miss it?
    09-12-12 01:52 PM
    Iphone 5........cute.
    09-12-12 01:53 PM
    I agree, I am in no way suggesting that the iPhone 5 is monumental in any way. But is it enough to win me over and finally leave BB? Yes. That's the reality for countless people. So many of my friends were aware of the iPhone 5 rumors and were still willing to drop their Androids/BBs.
    Serious question, what does the iPhone 5 has that the iPhone 4S doesn't has but is enough to win you over?
    Because from what I see, besides a larger screen and LTE it's all just the same...
    09-12-12 01:57 PM
    I won't have an iphone, don't like them at all and don't want all that Apple sh*te tunes on my PC...One device in several different sizes is all they make and I don't like my works iPad (That bloo*y button drives me mad). Android offers flexibility, performance and allows me to change flavours as I choose (AOSP/AOKP/MIUI/Senseless, with sense 36.6/4/4/1)

I know apple had to do something, but that new curvy shape they've gone for...really! Is that more desirable than the 4S, which even I have to admit is a piece of fabulous design?

I am, however, considering BB10 when it comes out but the handset will have to be a fully loaded high end device or I shall stick with Android. The snippets we have been showed are really innovative and I am liking the look of it.

My work phone will remain Windows 7, its ace and simple to use

Just my tuppence, apologies for any boredom/anger/despair, etc generated when reading
    09-12-12 01:57 PM
    RIM still has its work cut out for it with BB10 -- it is by no means a slam-dunk success. But I do think that what we've seen today is NOT that Apple can no longer innovate, but rather evidence that smart phones are quickly reaching the point where there's only so much left that can be done to innovate short of introducing an entirely new technology that will replace them altogether. What exactly were people expecting from Apple today that could 'wow' them? Ridiculously spec'd and/or oversized hardware is not necessarily going to make for a better user experience, and the user experience is the bulk of what Apple is about.

Now, RIM is in a good position to bring more parity to the market. MS is as well, to an extent, if any of their manufacturing partners can figure out how to gain some traction, which so far they haven't had much success doing. But I believe that BB10 is going to bring more to the table than WP has, and it's going to bring a different kind of user experience than iOS or Android, with competitive hardware that I believe should be able to tighten this smart phone race a bit and keep them in the game for a good long time.
    cgk, joski, hpjrt and 4 others like this.
    09-12-12 01:58 PM
    I dont know about you, but after the release of iphone 5 today. jelly bean android is the best os hands down on the market. And looks like android is not done yet with rumored key lime pie. Hoping rim does do something inspiring with its new phones and os.

Now I use a jelly bean device (nexus 7) and as a nerd I'm happy but I think in many ways, android is still as ugly and confusing as it ever was - I'm pretty sure if apple did an iphone in the price ranges that some of the android devices are released at, android would be dead. If I have three widgets on the screen they all all different colours, layouts and the like (unless I want to waste my life messing around with themes) - it's just a mess.
    09-12-12 02:00 PM
    It's a step forward, however small or huge it may be. The improved camera is sure to be a hit given that low-light iPhone photos have always been pathetic. The bigger screen, too. I don't know how much the general public will care about the improved CPU and multiple bands. But I doubt it matters given the vast numbers who will buy anything that's shiny and bright and made by Apple.
    i'm not disagreeing,infact i agree with you but i was talkign more about a step in the market it isn't a step forward as far as whats beign offered but its a step forward from what the iPhone4S has.

most consumers are looking for flashy blig bling gadgets thats really what the iPhone offers but that same bling is more or less the same as what the 4/4S are minus the .5" larger screen which in a way is all height so is it really much different unless its in landscape
    09-12-12 02:01 PM
    The iPhone 4S-Limo, or 4S-L, will sell well, and probably more than the 4s, but I don't expect the crazy growth over the previous generation that Apple has enjoyed with each new iPhone. The competition is simply coming out with more innovation now. I expect more tech bloggers will actually be critical of Apple this go around. I'm just hoping the carriers man up and tell Apple to either drop the phone price to them, or they increase the contract price for parity with the competition.
    That's exactly how I felt watching the liveblog. Apple managed to release an iPhone 4SS or 4SL or 4SX, the last being most appropriate.
    09-12-12 02:02 PM
    Basically, Apple muffed the punt. They fragmented their app selection, noone will want to use an app that gives you black stripes down the sides, so now which carrier recovers the fumble? I think Nokia/MS already shot their wad and their skittle flavored phones did not impress, if RIM wants it, they can have it. A major BB10 hardware/software preview presser in the coming weeks could be huge if RIM wants to get back into the game.
    tinker2000 likes this.
    09-12-12 02:02 PM
    RIM still has its work cut out for it with BB10 -- it is by no means a slam-dunk success. But I do think that what we've seen today is NOT that Apple can no longer innovate, but rather evidence that smart phones are quickly reaching the point where there's only so much left that can be done to innovate short of introducing an entirely new technology that will replace them altogether. What exactly were people expecting from Apple today that could 'wow' them? Ridiculously spec'd and/or oversized hardware is not necessarily going to make for a better user experience, and the user experience is the bulk of what Apple is about.
    In terms of hardware, we are now in a revisions cycles with smaller and smaller incremental gains, the real battle is the platform battle and making sure you have a broad and well-stocked ecosystem.

I wonder what the next paradigm shift is going to be? Something like google glass? or maybe this slab phone paradigm might last a couple of decades?
    09-12-12 02:03 PM

Now, RIM is in a good position to bring more parity to the market. MS is as well, to an extent, if any of their manufacturing partners can figure out how to gain some traction, which so far they haven't had much success doing. But I believe that BB10 is going to bring more to the table than WP has, and it's going to bring a different kind of user experience than iOS or Android, with competitive hardware that I believe should be able to tighten this smart phone race a bit and keep them in the game for a good long time.
    IMO, the next big thing is the Smartcar. Apple and Microsoft gambled with toying with the TV aspect, but having a car link up to your smartphone and have access to all your applications/contacts/music etc would be huge. You can always get up and walk away from a TV, but your stuck in the car when driving.
    09-12-12 02:05 PM
    i agree, like i stated to someone else posting , they were probably better off gettign the galaxy SIII over the iPhone5 but still apple is bound to sell a boat load of them dispite the rather unimpressiveness when you compare them to whatever else is in the market now
    09-12-12 02:08 PM
    The iPhone 4S-Limo, or 4S-L, will sell well, and probably more than the 4s, but I don't expect the crazy growth over the previous generation that Apple has enjoyed with each new iPhone. The competition is simply coming out with more innovation now. I expect more tech bloggers will actually be critical of Apple this go around.
    Actually the bloggers weren't very kind following the introduction of the 4S, but that obviously didn't slow sales down any. True, the competition is seriously heating up, but it's still a rapidly growing market. Earlier this year, smartphones were still just barely over 50% of all cell phones, and that's just in the US. I expect they're all going to continue seeing significant sales growth. The big question this year is going to be whether RIM and MS can measurably even up those market share figures.
    09-12-12 02:09 PM
    This keynote has been an eye-opener.. I am so so disappointed..

On the other hand, Now I have more respect for the efforts RIM, Samsung and Microsoft are putting in to bring something new to the consumers.

For once I'm getting that reversal feeling that Apple wants us to live with what they give us whereas RIM, MS and SG are working their a55es off to enrich our lives..
    09-12-12 02:10 PM
    Serious question, what does the iPhone 5 has that the iPhone 4S doesn't has but is enough to win you over?
    Because from what I see, besides a larger screen and LTE it's all just the same...
    Perfect screen size for me, just 4". LTE is big for me as well. Hopefully faster than previous gens as well, not that it really needed to be but I'm all for CPU/memory improvements. Longer battery life hopefully. Better Camera. That's really it. I need iOS for school so anything they released today would have won me over quite honestly. I'm not ecstatic about the release, but I'm happy with the upgrades. It was the perfect balance that finally got me to commit. Would I have liked to see more from Apple? Sure. But this was just enough.
    Last edited by Doc Z; 09-12-12 at 02:15 PM.
    mithrazor and Rello like this.
    09-12-12 02:11 PM
    Perfect screen size for me, just 4". LTE is big for me as well. Hopefully faster than previous gens as well, not that it really needed to be but I'm all for CPU/memory improvements. Longer battery life hopefully. Better Camera. That's really it. I need iOS for school so anything they released today would have won me over quite honestly. I'm not ecstatic about the release, but I'm happy with the upgrades. It was the perfect balance that finally got me to commit. Would I have liked to see more from Apple? Sure. But this was just enough.
    why would you need iOS for school? what difference does what OS you're running make to the school?

lets get real, you just needed a little more of a push to go the iPhone route deep down you were convinced to but you didn't know if it was worth it
    09-12-12 02:16 PM
538 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD