There is a bunch of rumors saying that the iphone5 will be released on sept 21, what will you guys do if that is really true? Will u guys at least give the iPhone a try while still hoping for the BB10? Unfortunately, I know most of my friends who are also currently using BBs already decided for switching to the new iPhone when it comes out... So what about my fellow Crackberriers?
    Last edited by raptorstv; 08-23-12 at 08:55 AM.
    08-23-12 08:35 AM
    I'd love to know this. Im entitled to an upgrade now due to problems, I'm stuck between 9810, 9900, Galaxy Note and iPhone 5. I'm not sure if its possible for me to hold off my upgrade. I already own a 9500, 9800 and iPhone 4.
    08-23-12 08:47 AM
    Gonna wait it out all the way to BB10. I think it is not so much now about waiting or options but rather waiting to see the latest technology in BB10. You're either interested or not. If you're not then others will grab the latest tech coming out.

For me I've been disappointed in Apple.. from their many iterations I don't see really anything new worthwhile to jump to. Others will undoubtly disagree with me. But for me, even though my Torch is somewhat outdated to the other phones out there.. it still does what I need it to do. If I jump to a new phone right now.. I'll be locked in for a few years. So waiting a few months to see what BB has to offer is no big deal.. at least for me.
    axeman1000, DJM626, ritesh and 2 others like this.
    08-23-12 08:54 AM
    Nope, ain't switching to iPhone, WP or any Android. Might not even switch to BB10 if it's too much of a departure from BB7, at least not right away.
    ritesh likes this.
    08-23-12 08:54 AM
    I'm definitely going to take a look at the iphone5 where as before I wouldn't have even considered a peek. Being faithful to a brand that is/and constantly letting me down has me wondering if the grass is greener on the other side.
    Blacklatino, shupor and Shlooky like this.
    08-23-12 08:56 AM
    A year ago I got really interested in buying an iPhone (partly because my curve suddenly stopped working), but because I got a new curve for free and I bought an iPad, the interest started fading.
    I already have an idevice, I really shouldn't know why to buy a phone that is basically the same as the iPad.

I keep looking for BB10, that's where my money is going!
    ritesh likes this.
    08-23-12 09:06 AM
    I find it funny with all the hype for the new iphone5. What's new about it? It's 4G? New screen is 4inches...that's nice but not nice enough to switch. My 9930 already has NFC. Every person I know that switch to an Iphone4 or 4s isnt extremely happy with the iphone. They secretly want to come back home. BB10 will rock the the iphone5 and many people out there will be eating crow because they doubted RIM.
    bitek likes this.
    08-23-12 09:09 AM
    I find it funny with all the hype for the new iphone5. What's new about it? It's 4G? New screen is 4inches...that's nice but not nice enough to switch. My 9930 already has NFC. Every person I know that switch to an Iphone4 or 4s isnt extremely happy with the iphone. They secretly want to come back home. BB10 will rock the the iphone5 and many people out there will be eating crow because they doubted RIM.
    I see your point but at the same time RIM didn't make HUGE changes from OS6 to OS7 yet many were hype for the OS7 phones. So why can't people be hype about the iPhone 5? Oh...because its Apple right? >_>

I personally wish Apple would completely revamp ios6, but hey any change is better than no change. Like with the OS7 devices. They weren't huge changes but they were changes I like & welcomed
    I'll be checking the 5 out & when BB10 hits I'll be checking it out as well.
    I LOVE the Blackberry plus iPhone combo.
    But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 09:18 AM
    I see your point but at the same time RIM didn't make HUGE changes from OS6 to OS7 yet many were hype for the OS7 phones. So why can't people be hype about the iPhone 5? Oh...because its Apple right? >_>

I personally wish Apple would completely revamp ios6, but hey any change is better than no change. Like with the OS7 devices. They weren't huge changes but they were changes I like & welcomed
    I'll be checking the 5 out & when BB10 hits I'll be checking it out as well.
    I LOVE the Blackberry plus iPhone combo.
    But that's just me.

Now I agree Apple deserves there Hype
    But to say RIM didn't change much from OS6 to OS7 pretty silly

RIM near doubled the processing power, they reintroduced the Large Bold Form factor & added a touch screen to it , they started using a separate GPU, They launched an all touchscreen device and looking at their last one being the Storm, that's a big deal

The 9810 was really the laughable BB7 device because it basically was iPhone4 to iPhone4S,

But BB7 deserved the hype because it was a shift in the mindset of RIM design actually using a current offered processor with specs.
    BB10 will be another order of magnitude jump for RIM, then I suspect we'll be more "Apple like" seeing smaller incremental increases because that's how you make money

The Apple Hype is because it is Apple, It isn't founded on some new exciting technology or new exciting change, the change in the charge/sync port is the "big news" and the catching up with industry 16:9 display is the other news, which actually is what turns me OFF about the new iPhone with the stupid layout of the email, making the screen bigger just made it even more challenging to manage the device one handed, not that I was in the market for the iPhone5 anyway, the iPhone4S&iPad3 is about all the iJunk I can handle in my life.
    BBPandy, Rello, axeman1000 and 6 others like this.
    08-23-12 09:32 AM
    I had an iphone 4s and hated how everything was controlled by apple, no micro sd card capabilities ever, sync with garbage itunes, I hated the use interface, all you ever do is try to download as many apps as possible and then at the end of the day you have 8 screens of colorful squares. After a few months when you realize you have a 800 dollar device in your pocket that costs you 4-5 dollars a day depending on the plan you start thinking. Its a waste of cash for all that garbage to sit in your pocket and you use it once or twice a day. I sold my cruddy iphone 4s and switched to a 9900, cheap plan, it sits in my pocket aswell but costs me under a dollar a day. Nothing will change in the iphone 5, just going to be LONGER not wider, yea you will be wielding a baton of a phone. I don't hate apple, I own ipad 2 and a macbook air but the iphone is so useless. Anyway thats just me, if you do it because all your friends are doing it then none of you have really assessed if you actually need it but are just blowing cash on the next biggest item.

Good luck,
    you won't be happy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-23-12 09:37 AM
    lol soooo funny

" the iPhone4S&iPad3 is about all the iJunk I can handle in my life. "

yea well you know how it is we all try stuff and end up back at BB because it just works better for messaging and phone/email.

lately I tried Galaxy S3 "iPhone Clone" - with all its hype .. email is uber lame and I was losing messages half the time because it can only check ever 5 min. No realtime option.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    08-23-12 09:41 AM
    RIM has suffered a lot of pain to develop QNX operating system. It was a very bold move on their part. Even if you are an Apple fan you might consider a new BB10 just to support what will be a major leap in Operating Systems for hand held devices. I always like to support new innovations. If enough people do support it perhaps it will give Apple the push they need to develop a new innovative operating system with some of their cash hoard. In fact I think they may be forced to take a gamble on something truly new again as the iphone appears to be getting stale.
    08-23-12 09:45 AM
    lol soooo funny

" the iPhone4S&iPad3 is about all the iJunk I can handle in my life. "

yea well you know how it is we all try stuff and end up back at BB because it just works better for messaging and phone/email.

lately I tried Galaxy S3 "iPhone Clone" - with all its hype .. email is uber lame and I was losing messages half the time because it can only check ever 5 min. No realtime option.
    Well I never left BB, iPhone4S was a replacement for the BB9300, I never stopped with the 9790, Also had the SG3, which I would not call an iClone, I hated the SG3 due to size, it shared some things I HATE about iOS, but did something nicer,

The SG3 though I think would be more suited to the title of TOY than the iPhone is, even though I like neither particularly well, I am able to accomplish more work on the iPhone and the SG3's large screen made it nice for playing games and watching video's that's about it.

What I am going to hate about the iPhone 5 launch is that for the week following it, that is all I'll see on tech news sites, and even on TV news reports, I basically have to go radio silent for a week if I don't want to be bombarded with how magical the newest Apple device is.
    08-23-12 09:46 AM
    I'm definitely going to take a look at the iphone5 where as before I wouldn't have even considered a peek. Being faithful to a brand that is/and constantly letting me down has me wondering if the grass is greener on the other side.
    Grass is greener trust me! Going on 9 months with the 4s and zero issues! Can't remember last time i powered this phone off!😉
    08-23-12 09:59 AM

RIM near doubled the processing power, they reintroduced the Large Bold Form factor & added a touch screen to it , they started using a separate GPU, They launched an all touchscreen device and looking at their last one being the Storm, that's a big deal

The 9810 was really the laughable BB7 device because it basically was iPhone4 to iPhone4S,

But BB7 deserved the hype because it was a shift in the mindset of RIM design actually using a current offered processor with specs.
    BB10 will be another order of magnitude jump for RIM, then I suspect we'll be more "Apple like" seeing smaller incremental increases because that's how you make money

The Apple Hype is because it is Apple, It isn't founded on some new exciting technology or new exciting change, the change in the charge/sync port is the "big news" and the catching up with industry 16:9 display is the other news, which actually is what turns me OFF about the new iPhone with the stupid layout of the email, making the screen bigger just made it even more challenging to manage the device one handed, not that I was in the market for the iPhone5 anyway, the iPhone4S&iPad3 is about all the iJunk I can handle in my life.
    If its Ijunk why have it? Zero battery pulls no random reboots no bricks and Ohh autofocus helps to!
    08-23-12 10:04 AM

But Apple increased the processor on the 4S, got a better camera, & added ios5. Which wasn't that much of a step-up from ios4 (in my opinion) just like RIM added a better processor, more memory, & new features with OS7 over OS6.
    Neither was really a big step up.
    So why for Apple is it not a big deal but for RIM it is?
    I get it, your a brand loyalist. But don't tell me that OS7 is a HUGE step up from OS6 when it isn't just like the features on the 4S weren't a huge step up over the 4.
    Is OS7 better? Of course. No argument there.
    Is it anything worth getting hype over? No. Just like the 4S wasn't anything to be hype about. & with the iphone 5 itll most likely be improvements to the 4S with added new features. If people wanna be hype about it, let them. That's all I'm saying.

08-23-12 10:05 AM
    If its Ijunk why have it? Zero battery pulls no random reboots no bricks and Ohh autofocus helps to!

I've taken 15 pictures on my iPhone, my Autofocus BlackBerry works just as well for the needs.
    I have the iPhone because it was given to me, same with the iPad, the iPhone will go bye bye, the iPad will not. The iPad has Worms Armagedon on it by Team17!!

and I WISH I could pull the Battery on the iPhone for the times it locks up and I get to wait for it to fix, I would love to just pull the battery and be done with it.
    08-23-12 10:17 AM
    Are you sure they just won't be just launching the "iPhone 4S+".

BTW, why is this on the CrackBerry forum, someone's iTool can't find the right place?
    08-23-12 10:17 AM

The SG3 though I think would be more suited to the title of TOY than the iPhone is, even though I like neither particularly well, I am able to accomplish more work on the iPhone and the SG3's large screen made it nice for playing games and watching video's that's about it.

What I am going to hate about the iPhone 5 launch is that for the week following it, that is all I'll see on tech news sites, and even on TV news reports, I basically have to go radio silent for a week if I don't want to be bombarded with how magical the newest Apple device is.
    SG3 was pretty good at some things but yea the size drove me batty .. nice for surfing and videos.. IOS and Android email really blows as far as I am concerned. New iphone 5 might be decent with LTE and NFC services onboard. I fear the same lame email and kids training wheels like interface apple is used to doing.

lol Radio silence hehe

Looking forward to BB 10 and the decent thought through email transitions - contacts layout. Among other things .. its just the intuitive nature that BB brings to the table which is so much better than other things out there.
    Last edited by vx1; 08-23-12 at 10:22 AM.
    08-23-12 10:19 AM
    I've taken 15 pictures on my iPhone, my Autofocus BlackBerry works just as well for the needs.
    I have the iPhone because it was given to me, same with the iPad, the iPhone will go bye bye, the iPad will not. The iPad has Worms Armagedon on it by Team17!!

and I WISH I could pull the Battery on the iPhone for the times it locks up and I get to wait for it to fix, I would love to just pull the battery and be done with it.
    Locks up? I know many of iPhone users that doesn't happen. I couldn't tell you the last time I had to reset my device? Do you know how? Even if it was given to you why use it? We all know the 9900 has many issues.
    08-23-12 10:20 AM
    SG3 was pretty good at some things but yea the size drove me batty .. nice for surfing and videos.. IOS and Android email really blows as far as I am concerned. New iphone 5 might be decent with LTE and NFC services onboard. I fear the same lame email and kids training wheels like interface apple is used to doing.

lol Radio silence hehe
    Lame email? Can you explain?
    08-23-12 10:22 AM
    Gonna look at it(just out of curiosity), but not really going to consider it. My plan is up in a year and I don't want to extend it another three years by using an upgrade so I will be waiting till next August regardless of what launches.
    08-23-12 10:24 AM
    Apple has a much better operating system with its stability. Legacy BB operating systems just haven't been that stable and its turned a lot of people off. I believe that BB10 will change all that, but unfortunately they have ruined their fan base by being so slow to bring it to market so they have a long hill to climb if its even possible. Even if BB10 is the better phone, there's a lot to overcome with the Apple culture dominating society now. Me, I just hate Apple, period. Ever since I couldn't get rid of Quicktime on my computer 20 years ago, I've hated them. Kind of like when I threw up drinking Lemon Gin in highschool. I just can't go there anymore..
    08-23-12 10:34 AM
    i'll check out the new iPhone and play with it in a store. My main complaint about the iPhone is the small size. From what I've heard the new iPhone will be longer, but not wider. If that is true, that's a dealbreaker for me. I prefer typing in portrait mode, not landscape mode, and the iPhone just isn't wide enough for portrait mode typing.
    08-23-12 10:39 AM
    Lame email? Can you explain?
    Yeah I wouldn't call email on Android or iPhone lame but it's not as good as BB (well, Android anyway).
    I have no issues with email on my iPhone but I wasn't really a fan of email on Android (aside from gmail, of course)
    Especially the Samsung phones. I hate those.
    But email on Android isn't "lame" by any means. It's just not as good as BB or iPhone.

08-23-12 10:41 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD