05-08-12 04:07 AM
54 123
tools
    Dont be fooled, iphones have just as many issues. Go on Mac forums, you will see. Every phone has their problems. I have had my 9780 for almost a year, no issues...
    The 9780 was notorious for shipping with buggy keyboard hardware causing tons of double letters while typing. I had one and it had the issue. There are huge threads on RIM's forum as well as on crackberry.com discussing the issue. I used that phone for 3 days, sent it back, and didn't even bother asking for a replacement. One of the worse experiences I've had in my life.

Yes, itt was that. Bad.

The 9780 is the last phone someone should be using as the token of Quality coming from RIM. They swept it under the rug nicely (mostly by not acknowledging that obvious issue), but many of us here can attest to the disappointment in getting an otherwise good phone with a keyboard so volatile and bad that we had to send it back. Some people went through multiples of them (5+) and couldn't get one without the double typing issue.

If that phone wasn't so broken, I'd probably still be using it. Issues like that is precicely why I steer clear of phones with physical keyboards, though. It's just another thing that can be faulty, break, or buggy on the phone.

http://www.berryreview.com/2011/02/0...r-double-type/

Issue was beyond common. Epidemic is more apt, I think.
    Last edited by N8ter; 05-06-12 at 09:30 PM.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    05-06-12 09:27 PM
    My sis got the iPhone 4S to replace her Curve. Pretty impressive technology, I must admit. That said, I got this email from her the other day after sharing the BB10 sneak peak video... verbatim...
    If you love your sis, you won't buy her a Torch. Now granted I own the 9800 and not the 9810, but if the form factor is the same, let me tell you that the 9800 is a pain to type on with that cramped physical keyboard. I find myself putting the thing landscape and using the screen keyboard for long emails, that's how much I loathe that physical keyboard.

If she doesn't have the patience to use a virtual keyboard for a few months to get used to it, then I'd just get her the 9900, now that's a good keyboard. The 9800/9810...well, let's just say the only reason I'm hanging on to mine is to wait and see if BB10 is all rainbows and unicorns. Otherwise I would have burned that thing months ago. Then stepped on it. Then burned it again.
    05-06-12 10:08 PM
    Prove it. What did you customize...because you stated "wayyyy more"

Which BB did you own before your iPhone.
    Attachment 109550

Before i updated to iOS a week ago. You can make tons of better looking themes on iPhone than blackberry.

& I had the Bold 9650 before I got my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-06-12 at 11:59 PM.
    05-06-12 11:56 PM
    If you love your sis, you won't buy her a Torch. Now granted I own the 9800 and not the 9810, but if the form factor is the same, let me tell you that the 9800 is a pain to type on with that cramped physical keyboard. I find myself putting the thing landscape and using the screen keyboard for long emails, that's how much I loathe that physical keyboard.

If she doesn't have the patience to use a virtual keyboard for a few months to get used to it, then I'd just get her the 9900, now that's a good keyboard. The 9800/9810...well, let's just say the only reason I'm hanging on to mine is to wait and see if BB10 is all rainbows and unicorns. Otherwise I would have burned that thing months ago. Then stepped on it. Then burned it again.

Yeah I know all about the 9800/10... sis hasn't kept up with the BB models. I would grab her a 9900 off Craigs List with OS10 in on the way. Also, Sprint doesn't offer the Torch slider.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    05-08-12 04:07 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD