I don't think T-Mobile will ever get the iPhone.
    & if they do, they'd charge a crazy amount for it.
    They charger more than any other phone company for their phones lol.
    The 9900 there is $250, versus the 9930 at Sprint is only $150, & ATT only $199.

If T-Mobile got the iPhone I honestly do think they'd charge $350-$400 for it.
    Apple tells the carriers how much they can sell the iphone for hence why price stayed the same all this time..
    05-06-12 12:37 PM
    If I read her post right she likes taking photo's and gps. I4s Clearly wins in that department. Telenav is 10 bucks for the year and the 4s has the best camera out. I've owned both devices and my email/twitter/FB pushes faster on my 4s. And the iphone communicates as well IF not better.
    Who needs telenav when Google maps is free preinstalled on iphones
    05-06-12 12:38 PM
    If you're on a subsidized phone, and your current phone still does the job I'd wait until one of the BB10 phones comes out.

Nothing is going to be more frustrating than drooling over the new BB10 phone(s), knowing you've got a year and a half left in your current contract.
    05-06-12 12:45 PM
    if you is for Business stick with Bold 9900, if is for personal and fun stick for iphone. remember that if you are with Tmobile and you have trouble shooting with the iphone Tmobile won't help you for that device so be alert.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 01:03 PM
    If you don't really use apps get the 9900

The 9900 does media stuff very well. The iPhone is not better

The 9900 screen is excellent. RIM calls it liquid graphics. Put a working 9900 right beside the iPhone and go to the same web page with a lot of graphics, you'll see why they called it liquid graphics...they do look a little bit different when they're side-by-side on the same page - IMO BB is better (I actually put my 9810 beside an iPhone 4S in a carrier store and I found my screen was nicer)

You can customize the 9900 in more ways than the iPhone. This will become more important after you've used the phone for a couple of months
    I like Blackberry, I have a 9900, but are you crazy, Sir? The 9900 does not do media stuff very well compared to the competition. It barely does media stuff at all. The video player is junk - how do you stop the backlight going out, without disabling auto screen lock? You can't. That doesn't really work for movies, or video clips longer than five minutes. The music player is a triumph in disaster. No one gives two hoots about cover flow. Apple faithfuls aren't even bothered by it, so what's the big deal with including similar features in our music player - just to slow it down?

There is no way your 9810 had a nicer screen than an iPhone 4s - UNLESS - your 9810 was actually a newer iPhone 4S. Customisation points to the Blackberry, but only just.

I understand those are all your opinions, and you are welcome to them, but I find such remarks very unhelpful when I am purchasing a phone. You may think that the 9810 has a better screen than an iPhone, a 9900 has better image rendering on webpages, is a competent media device, but most sane people here will not.

A few lines up, another member put it simply:
    Communication: Blackberry.
    Infortainment: iPhone.

Don't be duped, the 9900 isn't going to be your media buddy, but it will help you chat with your actual buddies. End of.
    05-06-12 03:33 PM
    If you're paying full price regardless, get the 4s. Tmobile's 1900mhz refarm is expected to be complete this year so the entire network will ultimately be compatible with the iPhone's 3G (actually any AT&T 1900mhz 3G device) which is one reason I just switched back to t-mobile.

In the mean time I'm running on edge which for the apps I use shows no real noticeable difference (except Facebook, that is slow to load). My RSS reader loads just as fast on edge, tapatalk is just as fast etc... I also don't have to worry about overage fees and i save $45 per month over AT&T so that's a nice bonus. ($1080 saving over 2 years just for base service then I'll save any overages AT&T wanted to charge). I get free wifi hotspot tethering too boot! ($20 extra per month on AT&T).

The only thing I can't get to work is MMS for some reason (still working on that). Also, iMessage/facetime activates using the t-mobile UK iPhone activation server so you'll see 2 international SMS fees of $0.20 (1 time only, or every time you disable/enable iMessage) simply because t-mob USA doesn't have their own activation agreement with apple "yet". Just enable iMessage and FaceTime once (for $0.40 total) and you're good to go. FYI, if you have a block on international SMS you'll have to disable it temporarily for this activation then re-enable it.
    AT&T has 3x the 3G coverage of T-Mobile, and LTE phones won't be cross compatible. Even with the T-Mobile refarming their network is so much smaller than you will experience a loss of coverage going from AT&T to T-Mobile. I actually travel so I'm looking to jump back to AT&T from T-Mobile the minute my contract is up. Their coverage is beyond terrible. Worse than Sprint's from my experience (just consistently faster internet even though here in the city i can't get above 250kbps download speeds on T-Mobile with a full 3G signal in an HSPA+ coverage area on any devices.
    05-06-12 04:10 PM
    Who needs telenav when Google maps is free preinstalled on iphones
    For Voice-Guided Navigation, maybe? Just saying.

Even then, you can get MapQuest for free on iPhones, which has that.
    05-06-12 04:12 PM
    I like Blackberry, I have a 9900, but are you crazy, Sir? The 9900 does not do media stuff very well compared to the competition. It barely does media stuff at all. The video player is junk - how do you stop the backlight going out, without disabling auto screen lock? You can't. That doesn't really work for movies, or video clips longer than five minutes. The music player is a triumph in disaster. No one gives two hoots about cover flow. Apple faithfuls aren't even bothered by it, so what's the big deal with including similar features in our music player - just to slow it down?

There is no way your 9810 had a nicer screen than an iPhone 4s - UNLESS - your 9810 was actually a newer iPhone 4S. Customisation points to the Blackberry, but only just.

I understand those are all your opinions, and you are welcome to them, but I find such remarks very unhelpful when I am purchasing a phone. You may think that the 9810 has a better screen than an iPhone, a 9900 has better image rendering on webpages, is a competent media device, but most sane people here will not.

A few lines up, another member put it simply:
    Communication: Blackberry.
    Infortainment: iPhone.

Don't be duped, the 9900 isn't going to be your media buddy, but it will help you chat with your actual buddies. End of.

I speak my version of the truth...

I own the 9810. I've never owned the 9900. My 9810 media features are very good. My backlight doesn't go out if I play movies or watch video's. I'm assuming the 9900 is 'basically' the same. When I put media files on my 9810 I SIMPLY drag and drop the files into the folders. I don't have to sync with iTunes like an iPhone

In a carrier store I put my 9810 beside the iPhone 4S demo phone and I put them on the same web page (crackberry)...to my eyes the 9810 screen was better. It looked like a 'liquid graphics' display next to the iPhone

And customization, IMO, is a huge deal. I can tweak my phone to make it crack-useful
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-06-12 at 05:47 PM.
    05-06-12 05:40 PM
    AT&T has 3x the 3G coverage of T-Mobile, and LTE phones won't be cross compatible. Even with the T-Mobile refarming their network is so much smaller than you will experience a loss of coverage going from AT&T to T-Mobile. I actually travel so I'm looking to jump back to AT&T from T-Mobile the minute my contract is up. Their coverage is beyond terrible. Worse than Sprint's from my experience (just consistently faster internet even though here in the city i can't get above 250kbps download speeds on T-Mobile with a full 3G signal in an HSPA+ coverage area on any devices.
    I was on tmobile for years and switched back from 5 months of dropped calls and slow data on AT&T. Glad to be back with decent service and coverage. AT&T fauxG speeds aren't anything to write home about from my experience.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-06-12 at 05:54 PM.
    05-06-12 05:51 PM
    Two of the three places I live during the year get no sprint coverage and AT&T is slow as mud or drops constantly. Sprint actually told me straight up...we have no coverage in one of the spots. Meanwhile TMO flies and holds calls. Obviously the switch worked for him. Everyone will have different experiences based on location.
    05-06-12 05:51 PM
    I speak my version of the truth...

I own the 9810. I've never owned the 9900. My 9810 media features are very good. My backlight doesn't go out if I play movies or watch video's. I'm assuming the 9900 is 'basically' the same. When I put media files on my 9810 I SIMPLY drag and drop the files into the folders. I don't have to sync with iTunes like an iPhone

In a carrier store I put my 9810 beside the iPhone 4S demo phone and I put them on the same web page (crackberry)...to my eyes the 9810 screen was better. It looked like a 'liquid graphics' display next to the iPhone

And customization, IMO, is a huge deal. I can tweak my phone to make it crack-useful
    The iPhone is way more customizable than the blackberry.
    Yes, you have to jailbreak it, but that only takes about 5 minutes to do. Sometimes less than that.

Before the iOS 5.1 update I had mine tricked out. Wayyyy more than I was ever able to do with a blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 06:18 PM
    Two of the three places I live during the year get no sprint coverage and AT&T is slow as mud or drops constantly. Sprint actually told me straight up...we have no coverage in one of the spots. Meanwhile TMO flies and holds calls. Obviously the switch worked for him. Everyone will have different experiences based on location.
    Agreed. It all about location. Sprint in my area Is trash, while a few blocks away it's great. My city has excellent T-Mobile coverage all around so I'm thinking about switching to them.

05-06-12 06:20 PM
    fuggeditt.
    05-06-12 06:24 PM
    Yes, you have to jailbreak it, but that only takes about 5 minutes to do. Sometimes less than that.

Before the iOS 5.1 update I had mine tricked out. Wayyyy more than I was ever able to do with a blackberry.

Prove it. What did you customize...because you stated "wayyyy more"

Which BB did you own before your iPhone.
    05-06-12 06:42 PM

If you know what you are doing and if you are comfortable with doing it! IMO you can not compare iPhone customization to a BB's! The BB's come stock - the iPhone you have to hack your phone and install from unauthorized sources and some apps will compromise the phones stability - I have to restart my iPhone about once every other day because my springboard crashes. It is not a big deal but I would not have to do that without jailbreak!
    Don't get me wrong, I love my jailbreaked iPhone, but your statement is the equal of saying "My Honda Civic is faster than your BMW - if I tune my Honda".

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-06-12 06:46 PM
    Prove it. What did you customize...because you stated "wayyyy more"

Which BB did you own before your iPhone.
    What exactly can you customize on a blackberry? Themes and profiles is about all that can be changed (security, remember?). At least the iPhone and android can be rooted to do so much more than stock. I even have my 1gen iPhone dual booting with android. Can't do that on my berry.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-06-12 at 06:54 PM.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-06-12 06:50 PM
    What exactly can you customize on a blackberry? Themes and profiles is about all that can be changed (security, remember?). At least the iPhone and android can be rooted to do so much more than stock. I even have my 1gen iPhone dual booting with android. Can't do that on my berry.

I personally don't change a lot. Keyboard shortcuts, apps to make things faster and/or more convenient. Most of my apps make the phone handier

The phone shows-up as a usb drive. I can easily drag-and-drop files and make or arrange folders

Customizing the led is great, again very handy. Setting sound profiles for people I know is also great

Themes are cool
    05-06-12 07:19 PM
    Im trying to decide what phone I want to upgrade too. What are your honest thoughts on the pros of the new bold and then pros of the new unlocked iPhone 4s?

and I am a love of blackberry but I also am an apple lover as well I just want to see what people who have these devices think.
    My sis got the iPhone 4S to replace her Curve. Pretty impressive technology, I must admit. That said, I got this email from her the other day after sharing the BB10 sneak peak video... verbatim...

I MISS my keyboard! I plan on going back to blackberry. Are you going to buy me the torch?!?!?! Im on sprint still so I dont know what my options are.
    05-06-12 07:33 PM
    I personally don't change a lot. Keyboard shortcuts, apps to make things faster and/or more convenient. Most of my apps make the phone handier

The phone shows-up as a usb drive. I can easily drag-and-drop files and make or arrange folders

Customizing the led is great, again very handy. Setting sound profiles for people I know is also great

Themes are cool
    So profiles & themes then? Nice, same as my berries. Of course it takes an app to customize the LED, but you know that already. BeBuzz is what I use. Apps are handy aren't they? That's why I end up using the iPhone more I suppose, all the added functionality of applications. For example, the myriad of cloud apps and services means not having to tether via USB to a computer just to load a file. That's something I stopped doing years ago, I guess some people are old school. Heck, some actually use USB to transfer their address book and perform backups! Damn that's archaic.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-06-12 at 07:47 PM.
    brucep1 likes this.
    05-06-12 07:34 PM
    If you do a lot of messaging ( specifically texts ) I would say the 9900 is a no brainer....
    ...If you get a ton of emails, like to skype & video chat the BB can't compete with the iphone.
    ...If you are the sort that likes / needs apps then go with the iphone.

I am lucky enough to have both and the way it currently stands the iphone eats the blackberry alive....
    ....I get emails all the time I can't open on my 9930 because the file is too large.
    ....The same file opens just fine on the iphone and Droids.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-06-12 07:41 PM
    So profiles & themes then? Nice, same as my berries. Of course it takes an app to customize the LED, but you know that already. BeBuzz is what I use. Apps are handy aren't they? That's why I end up using the iPhone more I suppose, all the added functionality of applications. For example, the myriad of cloud apps and services means not having to tether via USB to a computer just to load a file. That's something I stopped doing years ago, I guess some people are old school. Heck, some actually use USB to transfer their address book and perform backups! Damn that's archaic.

Ah, whatever dude...I use whatever I want...right now the USB cable is convenient and fast

I also use Dropbox and Evernote
    05-06-12 08:01 PM
    Ah, whatever dude...I use whatever I want...right now the USB cable is convenient and fast

I also use Dropbox and Evernote
    Everyone I know hated the iPhone until they actually got one. I am not kidding you, 100% of them felt the way you do. Granted not too many people I know actually use an iPhone but they all hated it until they got one.
    Last edited by xandermac; 05-06-12 at 08:15 PM.
    05-06-12 08:12 PM
    Everyone I know hated the iPhone until they actually got one. I am not kidding you, 100% of them felt the way you do. Granted not too many people I know actually use an iPhone but they all hated it until they got one.
    I was one of those that you speak of. Now I wouldn't dream of going back to my old Blackberry. My wife the same. We got to talking the other day and I can't recall one solitary thing I miss about the Blackberry. I do the same things on my iPhone, but this phone just does them better. And no it's not just games and entertainment, I work with documents a great deal as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Premium1 and Caymancroc like this.
    05-06-12 08:28 PM

I have a mac running lion. I know apple products

I don't hate the iPhone. I think it's a nice device. I tried it and I still prefer BlackBerry, my 9810 and BB10 when it arrives
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-06-12 08:36 PM
    well I've been reading that the iPhone 4s in nor cal where i live runs on 3g not edge which is what i am on right now with the 9780 and my phone is as fast if not faster loading then my sisters google 4g phone with t-mo. I mail text and use my phone for some very few apps and pictures i don't watch movies or download a ton of things not even on my blackberry so I really think it will be pretty comparable to what i have now, from what I've been reading t-mobile is slowing upgrading their network to run the iphone4s I'm guessing since they sell them directly unlocked (smart of apple) or because they plan to add the iPhone to their list in the future either way i am on the 3g right now i read around the t-mo forum it seems many many people have issues with the bold that i don't want again mostly the ones i have now. I would be happy with a slower phone being the whole 4g thing won't bother me then having one I need to send back over and over and over to only get more phones with different problems if that makes sense I think I will go with the iPhone =) and I am very thankful for everyone who responded and had an input =)
    Dont be fooled, iphones have just as many issues. Go on Mac forums, you will see. Every phone has their problems. I have had my 9780 for almost a year, no issues...
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-06-12 08:43 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD