I've had my iPhone 4s since Christmas. I was previously a user of the BlackBerry Curve 8530. It was a really good phone, I'm really not sure why I switched to an iPhone 4s.

I guess you can say I was foolish and bought into the marketing scheme that Apple has. When I first saw Siri I thought it was the coolest thing ever lol, but after owning an iPhone 4s, i've hardly ever used Siri... in fact, this doesn't even work in Canada. Siri can't use location services in Canada *yet*. What bull, it's been like over half a year. It's Canada, not some foreign country.

Anyways, ever since I've owned this phone I've always in the back of mind missed my BlackBerry (you won't know the feeling until you've been on a different phone ) But recently I've been thinking... I could easily trade this phone on Kijiji or Craigslist for BlackBerry Bold 9900 Used + Cash. I've already seen like over 20 ads people looking to swap phones. I gotta say I miss BBM a lot, iMessage is kinda irrelevant to me right now.. Since more than half of the people I talk to on a regular basis own BlackBerry's.

Not saying this phone isn't good! It's amazing, truly awesome features. But it may be more than I need, App store is awesome, but 95% of the apps on it I will never touch. I just miss my BlackBerry.
    So the question, go back to BlackBerry? The Bold 9900 looks very nice. You guys are going to probably tell me to wait for BB10, but the physical keyboard is one of the things I dearly miss.

Sorry for the essay!
    06-19-12 02:23 PM
    Sorry the iP4s didn't work out for you, but welcome back.

If you can't find a used BB to tide you over, try to tough it out till BB10 lands in the fall.
    06-19-12 02:34 PM
    Seems like a rhetorical question, but what the heck, let me try to help you.

Undoubtedly, by all means, most certainly, proceed in the way of exchanging your apple for the only phone-fruit worth having.
    Last edited by mrtheend; 06-19-12 at 02:37 PM. Reason: typo
    06-19-12 02:36 PM
    Seems like a rhetorical question, but what the heck, let me try to help you.

Undoubtedly, by all means, most certainly, proceed in the way of exchanging your apple for the only phone-fruit worth having.
    Yeah it's kind of a rhetorical question, but I keep thinking I'm going to miss something when/if I switch back to BB, but in reality... I'm kidding myself.
    mrtheend likes this.
    06-19-12 02:43 PM
    I know exactly how you feel and there are times I want another 9930. Just BB 7 felt like the same OS which the hardware made up for it being a million times better. Android just has more that I want right now and hopefully BB 10 is everything is has been claiming.
    06-19-12 02:52 PM
    if u dont like it i would not hesitate getting a 9900. i have a 9930 and just got it its a very nice phone plenty fast nice screen and the camera is not as bad as people say. outside it takes very good pics inside are ok

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 02:53 PM
    I'd say get the Blackberry.
    No point in putting yourself through anymore torture lol.

06-19-12 02:54 PM
    Hey why not? If you can get a nicely kept 9900 plus cash. You don't seem too happy with your 4S anyway and BB10 will be coming up soon if you're not that happy with the 9900. I say do it!
    06-19-12 03:00 PM
    If you had the 4, then I would recommend he 9900, but since you have the 4S, I think it would be worth waiting for IOS6. When BB10 comes around, you could trade up then and you would at least have a good software keyboard, BBM, and hopefully good application support.
    06-19-12 03:13 PM
    I've had my iPhone 4s since Christmas. I was previously a user of the BlackBerry Curve 8530. It was a really good phone, I'm really not sure why I switched to an iPhone 4s.

I guess you can say I was foolish and bought into the marketing scheme that Apple has. When I first saw Siri I thought it was the coolest thing ever lol, but after owning an iPhone 4s, i've hardly ever used Siri... in fact, this doesn't even work in Canada. Siri can't use location services in Canada *yet*. What bull, it's been like over half a year. It's Canada, not some foreign country.

Anyways, ever since I've owned this phone I've always in the back of mind missed my BlackBerry (you won't know the feeling until you've been on a different phone ) But recently I've been thinking... I could easily trade this phone on Kijiji or Craigslist for BlackBerry Bold 9900 Used + Cash. I've already seen like over 20 ads people looking to swap phones. I gotta say I miss BBM a lot, iMessage is kinda irrelevant to me right now.. Since more than half of the people I talk to on a regular basis own BlackBerry's.

Not saying this phone isn't good! It's amazing, truly awesome features. But it may be more than I need, App store is awesome, but 95% of the apps on it I will never touch. I just miss my BlackBerry.
    So the question, go back to BlackBerry? The Bold 9900 looks very nice. You guys are going to probably tell me to wait for BB10, but the physical keyboard is one of the things I dearly miss.

Sorry for the essay!
    You've had the same set of phones as me. I had the 8530 too before I bought my 4S. Only differences is that I completely hated my 8530.
    06-19-12 03:21 PM
    I'd get the 9900 and the cash! No point in waiting for BlackBerry10 this Fall if you're missing the keyboard.. there's not even a rumored date for a full qwerty BB10 device, so who knows how long it will be. The 9900 is a great phone. It has all the major apps I need, and if the last BlackBerry you had was the 8530, you will be blown away by the 9900. The screen is way nicer, the keyboard is much bigger, the materials are all top quality, and there's almost no lag time or spinning clock!
    06-19-12 03:29 PM
    I switched from a Nokia E7 to the Bold 9900. At first I thought I'd miss the big 4" screen, but I was wrong. The Bolds screen is decent enough for most things. Plus the picture is pretty sharp, not as high dpi as Apples iPhone4, but almost there.

Browsing on the new Bold is great, the combination of touchscreen, trackpad, full QWERTY and a fast browser is awesome. Really, first I kinda thought browsing experience on the 9900 would be medicore - I was wrong.

If you don't miss gaming and the app crazyness, then I'd say go for it!
    06-19-12 03:51 PM
    Sorry the iP4s didn't work out for you, but welcome back.

If you can't find a used BB to tide you over, try to tough it out till BB10 lands in the fall.
    He wants a physical keyboard! So what would bb10 do for him?
    06-19-12 03:55 PM
    If you miss the Curve's keyboard you havn't seen anything yet....Wait till you try the 9900s keyboard. That will blow you away. BEST keyboard EVER!!!!

I have both a 9900 & a 4S....I never use the 4S.....my advise, buy a 9900.....should you wait for the BB10 phones? I can't say, but if you want a physical keyboard be prepared to wait a lot longer as the first BB10 phones are going to be all touch.....
    06-19-12 06:51 PM
    I am not sure why BBM or iMessage are even relevant anymore when they force you to message within the same platform, Whats App puts them all to shame being cross platform and syncing all your contacts using it...
    06-19-12 07:22 PM
    the 9900 is definitely a better phone than the 4S. Actually, let me rephrase that: Blackberries are definitely a better phone than what Apple can offer. Security, stronger communication, cross-platform messaging also available (whatsapp, viber) and keyboards!!!
    06-19-12 09:23 PM

Sorry for the essay!

some of the carriers feature a sort of trade-in option with devices... it may be worthwhile looking into that (I know mine does). I'm not sure if the iPhone is on the list of devices able to be traded in, but... never hurts to check.

Beyond that, I'd agree with most here when saying if you're coming from the 4s, the 9900 is really the only device worthwhile from most carriers if you're looking at a Blackberry. There are some compelling android phones, but if you prefer the features of the Blackberry (which I do too, I won't lie), then the 9900 is the way to go.

Happy hunting for a new phone!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-19-12 09:34 PM
    I have the 4s and understand you, before that I was on an Android, but in the end I missed my BB. I have the 9930 and the 4s is still active. its rare for me to pick up that iphone. I won't type or do emails on 4s, and at times find myself preferring to write an email on this Bold than even my laptop (MBP). I say find you a nice one on ebay or amazon and switch back. I was a little anxious too, thinking I was giving something up by leaving iphone. But after a day back on BB I never missed it. I then added a playbook, and couldn't be happier. Best thing I did. My wife says it truly is crackberry, as she never saw me use my iphone nor droid Razr they way I do BB.

It's a BB thing!

06-19-12 11:10 PM
    Based on purely financial discipline, stick with the IPhone till BB10 comes, by then maybe you will be amped for the touch screen.

But you know what we, the Blackberry people, will say , don't you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    06-20-12 01:30 AM
    I doubt you can trade an iPhone for a 9900...I tried for a while and no takers.

iPhone market pretty saturated.

I wound up selling mine outright and buying a 9900 new. Don't miss the iPhone at all.

Love Apples computers and iPads - but I'm not an iPhone fan.
    06-20-12 01:48 AM
    I was in the same boat for a long time since the 9700. I would continually go back and forth between iPhone & BB. I was apprehensive about letting my iPhone go because I thought I would miss some functionality that I couldn't /wouldn't get from my BB. Funny enough even when I had my iPhone, my sim card lived in my BB. After getting the 4S and going back and forth with the 9900 I decided to sell my 64gb 4S and commit fully to my BB 9900. Because of how BB's manage data I was able to leave my previous carrier and lower my data plan. 9900 was the best decision for me and my needs (removable battery, sd card, email, text, IM). I also have an iPad which, I find, is a great companion for the BB (until Playbook matures). iPhone is a GREAT device, but for me BB is where it's at.

Just take the plunge either way, that's the only way you'll know for sure. If you regret your decision its easy enough to trade your phone online.
    06-20-12 11:39 AM
    You guys are going to probably tell me to wait for BB10, but the physical keyboard is one of the things I dearly miss.
    Recommend waiting for BB OS 10 with physical keyboard. Otherwise, if you really want the keyboard then the BB 99-series is probably your best bet - if you can pick up one at a reasonable price. All the ones I saw on eBay ran for more than $250.
    06-20-12 11:51 AM
    I doubt you can trade an iPhone for a 9900...I tried for a while and no takers.

iPhone market pretty saturated.

I wound up selling mine outright and buying a 9900 new. Don't miss the iPhone at all.

Love Apples computers and iPads - but I'm not an iPhone fan.
    What
    I put an ad up on Kijiji, and within like a few hours of it being up, I have 12 email offers already lol.
    06-20-12 01:05 PM
    What
    I put an ad up on Kijiji, and within like a few hours of it being up, I have 12 email offers already lol.
    It will sell the day of! Don't trade even up!
    06-20-12 08:29 PM
    I feel like I'm in the same boat as you OP. I've been extremely tempted to switch to a Bold 9900 so much. Trying my best to hold out until the BB10 QWERTY device though...
    06-20-12 08:51 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD