So it has Better Battery life for WHAT tasks?
    What usage?
    What Settings?

How long from DEAD to Full charge?
    at what % Battery life does the Radio turn off?

if you are going to come to a BlackBerry forum to "share your observations" how about you make them detailed. we can't really compare sound quality, but the beauty of Battery life is there are lots of things you can test.

Leave both on FULL charge, unplug them, and send and open 500 emails see at what rate both fall
    Leave both on FULL charge, and play Streaming Video, see which one dies first
    Have Both Call eachother, see which Dies first
    Lots of great tests could be done, rather than saying "trust me, this is what I see"
    I don't make a living testing devices.

I know Blackberrys very well, have been on CB for a while and I'm here to inform. I'm reporting on the same type of usage on both devices. Lots and lots of browsing, Twitter, music playback and of course email and texting. All features are on. How can I possibly be wrong while comparing results of my regular usage?

Go try it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 03:52 PM
    True but it's a daily ritual on BB.
    Daily? How about every other hour?

It has been a while, and I suspect things are better now, but battery pulls were the bane of my BlackBerry existence. That pretty much was the main catalyst to moving.

I got so good at it that I could pull the battery with one hand. Having my phone freeze was not fun.
    10-17-11 03:52 PM
    The speaker on the 9900 is simply awesome.
    I haven't tried the 4s yet, but I don't see how you get better than this. Dolby 5.1 perhaps?
    This is one of those non quantifyable aspects.
    No, the speakers are just louder and clearer. I'm not talking about subtleties or audiophile BS.

10-17-11 03:57 PM

It has been a while, and I suspect things are better now, but battery pulls were the bane of my BlackBerry existence. That pretty much was the main catalyst to moving.

I got so good at it that I could pull the battery with one hand. Having my phone freeze was not fun.
    Well, of the BB's I have had, the 8800 had the least amount of problems.
    The Storm was a piece of work. I had to use Quickpull and set reboot at 6 AM to make the phone usable till 5 PM. The Torch 9800 was great, Battery Pull every two weeks, but the 9900....simply awesome. No battery pull or reboot. I don't even remember when I did the last battery pull or reboot. With OS 7 RIM has got its act together. Even if I do make the rare reboot, the phone is up in 30 seconds flat. That's something I can live with.
    Last edited by sam_b77; 10-17-11 at 04:05 PM.
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    10-17-11 04:01 PM
    No, the speakers are just louder and clearer. I'm not talking about subtleties or audiophile BS.

OK. Will try out the 4s loudspeaker and test it for myself. If its better then its better.
    10-17-11 04:04 PM
    Battery life? My Curve 9300 lasts 2 days without a charge, even my older Curve 8320 and 8520 lasted that long too and all of my other phones barely last 12 hours. Best speaker? That probably goes to that HTC Windows Mobile 7 Surround.
    10-17-11 04:35 PM
    I wonder why they felt the need to have the "2 button reset" (or whatever you want to call it) built in? I own an old iPod Nano and a 1Gen iPod Touch (always up to date OS). I've used that reset function way more than I'd have liked. Enough that claiming iOS devices don't require forced reboots makes me laugh. I've seen my friend force reboot his iPhone's a handful of times too.

It happens to all OS's and all platforms.

My iPod touch freezes once in a while and I have to force reboot it, ugh, I never have to do that with my Android phones (much better memory management), but I had to pull the battery on BB's fairly often too but with my current Curve I don't remember the last time I've done it (only time is when I need to reboot the phone after removing an app or installing but skipping the reboot option).
    Last edited by sookster54; 10-17-11 at 04:41 PM.
    10-17-11 04:37 PM

I've done 6 Battery Pulls since Augusts 9th on my 9900 so far from a daily event
    I've done 1 Battery pull on my 9300 in the last 4 weeks, and my 9300 has water damage on the battery and body, and is used extensively as a phone (only real problem is battery gives an incorrect reading as to charge, will be full charge for 2 days, and dead the next. if it wont take a charge that is when I pull the battery and then I get another month or 2 out of it before doing a battery pull, it has never been OS related
    10-17-11 04:41 PM
    I don't make a living testing devices.

I know Blackberrys very well, have been on CB for a while and I'm here to inform. I'm reporting on the same type of usage on both devices. Lots and lots of browsing, Twitter, music playback and of course email and texting. All features are on. How can I possibly be wrong while comparing results of my regular usage?

Go try it yourself.

I certainly don't plan to buy an iPhone 4S to run battery tests,

But I really again say that just coming in starting a thread without any numbers backing it up is like those users who come here saying they get over 24h battery on their Thunder Bolts with heavy usage and you discover they make less than 30 min of calls a day, and get less than 100 emails and less than 100 txts and call themselves heavy users.

Since you've been here since 2009, you 1: should have known this goes in the iPhone section, 2: Should have known it wouldn't be received well without substantiating numbers so unless you posted with the intent to start a bicker fight with those who view RIM has perfect and sadly there are a few on this forum, or you plan to provide some better numbers than "seems to be working better"
    10-17-11 04:46 PM
    ^^^ as I said, I suspect things are different now. My wife never did a pull on her Pearl. I did them at least a dozen times a day (no exaggeration) towards the end with my OG Curve. Socialscope did a number on me.
    10-17-11 04:46 PM
    The OP has been a troll since signing up on these forums. Just go check out his threads he starts. As soon as I saw who it was, I knew what this thread was about. Moving on. ....

10-17-11 06:20 PM
    A Bold 9900 running 7.0.0.439, has better battery life than the iPhone 4S.
    10-17-11 06:32 PM
    The speaker on the 9810 is awesome . l listen to bbm music all the time on it and love it.
    10-17-11 06:34 PM
    the battery on the 9930 is awesome and yea replaceable/removable unlike the icrap
    10-17-11 07:23 PM
    the battery on the 9930 is awesome and yea replaceable/removable unlike the icrap

Not to Mention the 9930 Battery is 15% lower capacity than the iPhone 4S, so has a faster charge to Full charge.

The faster charge is great when you don't have the spare battery to use and are running in and out of a hotel not getting much time to charge
    10-17-11 07:33 PM
    yea i go about 14 hrs on one battery and have a second one just in case i need it but i never go lower than 70 on the second one
    10-17-11 07:36 PM
    I have a 9700, 9780 and a 9930 on my desk, a significant investment in the platform. Battery life and speaker quality were two important aspects, alongside the keyboard that, taken together, were more important than multimedia. What I'm trying to say is that somehow Apple has managed to surpass RIM here without giving up on any of its strengths. I'm not here to argue, this is the new reality.

10-17-11 07:40 PM
    synth isn't a troll...he stated his opinion...no crime in that.
    10-17-11 08:12 PM
    the bold 9000 had the best speaker out of all, too bad rim watered down their sh!t in 9700 and 9900 for whatever the reason is
    10-17-11 08:28 PM
    the bold 9000 had the best speaker out of all, too bad rim watered down their sh!t in 9700 and 9900 for whatever the reason is
    I would wager it has to do with Size, the 9000 was HUGE compared to both the 9700 and 9900, I am sure RIM needs to bring up their speakers to the top level that can be purchased today, as was probably the case for the 9000, but not so for the 9900

Apple did pull out a lot of stops on the iPhone 4S, the Camera is brilliant, the speakers apparently so, the Li-Po Battery apparently packs more juice into a thinner package, they really used their purchasing power here on hardware components.
    10-17-11 08:32 PM
    I never thought I would see a thread by Synth saying the iPhone does something better than a BB.

What the **** is going on.
    K Bear likes this.
    10-17-11 08:33 PM
    I am, at this very second, sitting next to an Ex BB user of no less than 2 years(i know because i sold it to him in a previous job) and a current 4s user, he has said to me today and yesterday, a total of 4 times that he hates the battery on the 4s as he pulls his charger out. different strokes perhaps?
    10-17-11 08:46 PM
    I am, at this very second, sitting next to an Ex BB user of no less than 2 years(i know because i sold it to him in a previous job) and a current 4s user, he has said to me today and yesterday, a total of 4 times that he hates the battery on the 4s as he pulls his charger out. different strokes perhaps?

He never had a 9900 to compare with it sucks battery way faster than the 9300, or 9700 does.

If he was rocking a 9700 and his focus in on email and data entry I AM SURE he'd be upset with an iPhone device's life, just uses more juice to type on a touchscreen
    10-17-11 09:15 PM
    Where is the Troll Button?
    10-17-11 11:08 PM
    I never thought I would see a thread by Synth saying the iPhone does something better than a BB.

What the **** is going on.
    I know...civic would be freaking out.

K Bear likes this.
    10-17-11 11:15 PM
137 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD