And if your charger won't fit the outlet in a foreign country and the only person who speaks English who can take you buy an outlet adapter won't be in for 2 days, what do you do?

By the way, I am speaking from personal experience.
    The battery pack doesn't need to be plugged into the wall to charge the phone. That's the whole point. You charge the pack before you leave just as you would have to charge your extra battery.
    10-19-11 12:02 AM
    Thankfully there's no need to do a battery pull on an iPhone unlike BB where you constantly have to do this because of freeze up due to a poor OS and bad memory management.

So in conclusion BB wins in the battery pull dept.

iOS devices have a method for hard resets; as does every device. Same thing. I have an iPad2. Sometimes it needs it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 02:09 AM
    It does have incredible speakers and very solid battery life. I won't even get into Siri (its awesome) or how fast it is. One thing I will say is the camera is the best camera I've ever seen on a mobile phone. Took some nice shots of my 9930 with it, here's one below:

Yeah the iPhone has a better camera, no doubt. The difference is not something that would affect my choice but Apple does make a lot of effort on the optics and it shows.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-19-11 02:16 AM
    The battery pack doesn't need to be plugged into the wall to charge the phone. That's the whole point. You charge the pack before you leave just as you would have to charge your extra battery.
    So you're gonna walk around with with the battery back attached to the phone while you need to use it? No matter how you spin it a spare battery is always better and the new 9900 battery is so thin I could have two of them in my wallet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 02:27 AM
    And if your charger won't fit the outlet in a foreign country and the only person who speaks English who can take you buy an outlet adapter won't be in for 2 days, what do you do?

By the way, I am speaking from personal experience.
    Get this :

Universal pug adapter. Works in 150 countries...
    10-19-11 02:57 AM
    Hope Blackberry will have all the features that Apple iPhone Has.
    10-19-11 03:36 AM
    Hope Blackberry will have all the features that Apple iPhone Has.
    And none of the down falls.
    10-19-11 05:59 AM
    Get this :
    Click to view quoted image
    Universal pug adapter. Works in 150 countries...
    My S2 came with about 5 different plugs for the charger. The American plug slides off the charger and you can slide on different adapters for other countries. They're even labeled.

And if not, they're a couple dollars online.
    10-19-11 10:13 AM
    I haven't used any of the OS7 devices, but the 4S has 20x better speakers than my 9800. Using the speaker phone on my 9800 was a joke. It's so much better on the 4S.
    10-19-11 10:36 AM
    And none of the down falls.
    I have to say that "down falls" are subjective to the user. What one person finds as a down fall another will find as a win.
    10-19-11 10:57 AM
    I'm not sure about battery life but I will say this. Any phone that is not smart enough to swap out a battery in a pinch (things happen) is not that smart.

How many times have you been in a meeting that took way longer than anyone hoped and find your battery is low but you want to go out with friends for dinner?

The problem with the iPhone is lack of choice and control. You have to take the single, only choice (other than color).

BlackBerry has a full touch, slider, flip, traditional bold and they all have good sound quality and allow you to swap batteries. In a pinch you could use any droid charger as they follow a universal standard. I find the apple lack of choice restrictive. Keyboard anyone?

Sorry, I don't agree with the idea that less flexibility is better. Further, the sound quality of the Bold is amazing and speaker phone does everything I could ask for. Don't get me wrong, I think the iPhone is a nice device but the Bold is way better, more functional, more customizable, more flexible device.
    Last edited by guerllamo7; 10-19-11 at 11:48 AM.
    10-19-11 11:43 AM
    I'm not sure about battery life but I will say this. Any phone that is not smart enough to swap out a battery in a pinch (things happen) is not that smart.

How many times have you been in a meeting that took way longer than anyone hoped and find your battery is low but you want to go out with friends for dinner?

The problem with the iPhone is lack of choice and control. You have to take the single, only choice (other than color).

BlackBerry has a full touch, slider, flip, traditional bold and they all have good sound quality and allow you to swap batteries. In a pinch you could use any droid charger as they follow a universal standard.

Sorry, I don't agree with the idea that less flexibility is better.

And we all know how that ended up.......RIM stock=FAIL
    10-19-11 11:46 AM
    The idea of having a spare battery might not be relevant to regular, average consumers who don't frequent forums. They assume the battery you get is the one you have. My mom, who has a Torch, would probably never think to buy a spare battery or even know you can. And I'm sure the majority of other consumers think the same way.
    The Gift likes this.
    10-19-11 12:03 PM
    The people complaining about the 4S battery already... really? Haven't had the phone for a week yet, how can you judge battery life? My IP4 took a good week to get charged, discharged, charged, till if found its groove. I'm assuming the IP4S would be no different.
    10-19-11 12:31 PM

BlackBerry has a full touch, slider, flip, traditional bold and they all have good sound quality and allow you to swap batteries. In a pinch you could use any droid charger as they follow a universal standard. I find the apple lack of choice restrictive. Keyboard anyone?

Sorry, I don't agree with the idea that less flexibility is better. Further, the sound quality of the Bold is amazing and speaker phone does everything I could ask for. Don't get me wrong, I think the iPhone is a nice device but the Bold is way better, more functional, more customizable, more flexible device.

Does nobody own a car charger on this forum? If the above happened, I could get my phone charged quite a bit in the drive to wherever I was having dinner. Some of these scenarios everyone is throwing around are reaches to say the least.

With all smart phones CAN do, getting a full day is more than enough for me.
    moiselles and The Gift like this.
    10-19-11 12:40 PM
    Since when are phones able to swap their own battery? Since when does a removable battery make a smartphone smart?

What?
    moiselles likes this.
    10-19-11 12:41 PM
    I haven't bothered to read what is surely 8 pages of drivel, but...

My Galaxy SII easily makes it through a day of heavy usage. Lately, with moderate usage, I've been getting 2 days out of it.

What many RIMers don't factor into their arguments is how usage changes when jumping from a 1-2 dimensional BB to a multi-dimensional Android or iPhone. Hasn't the battery life of the 9900 been a downgrade from the 9700s? Expect a similar downgrade with the BBX devices (whenever they come out).
    10-19-11 12:52 PM
    I have the 3G radio turned off on my 4s today. Phoen was taken off the charger at about 7:30am, at 2:15pm battery is at 97%.
    10-19-11 01:12 PM
    I agree. With the ones I've sold and the ones I have I have seen these same things.
    10-19-11 03:25 PM
    I own both the 4s and the bold 9900. Both batteries suck in comparison with my old BlackBerries (9000, 9630, 9700, 9780, and even my 9800) under similar conditions. That's my only sore spot with both devices.

10-19-11 04:00 PM
    I own both the 4s and the bold 9900. Both batteries suck in comparison with my old BlackBerries (9000, 9630, 9700, 9780, and even my 9800) under similar conditions. That's my only sore spot with both devices.

Which is worse 4s or 9900?
    10-19-11 04:08 PM
    Where do you travel for days on end that you aren't need a power source? They also make those extended charge batteries for the iphone if need be.

But unless you are going on a forrest gump style run I don't think you'd need it.
    Are you kidding me? Days on end? Really? You have never drained your battery in one day of use? Have you ever travelled international and had your phone roaming all day, using GPS, internet, etc. It will drain quicker when your roaming. Try it getting up at 5am, planning your day on your phone, and getting around town with your phone while trying to do business and personal on your phone, while roaming all day and using GPS all day too. Good luck having it last until 11pm, yet alone 6pm. No chance for me, if you don't use it much, fine, you might be okay, but if you use it a lot, you will be in trouble. For the guy that said, when are you ever away from a power source for so long? Do you think I want to waist an hour of my day(especially on a business trip) waiting beside a power source to charge my phone when I could pop in a new battery. This has nothing to do with BB is better or Apple is better, I just mentioned, that in my case, I would rather carry 3 batteries with me(which has save me in several occasions) on trips than anything else. What is a power cord or a charger going to do in my pocket?
    10-19-11 05:04 PM
    Which is worse 4s or 9900?
    If I leave both devices on my desk and let emails, texts, phone calls, etc., just come through without touching either device, I find the 9900 to lose battery life at a much higher rate. This may be because the 9900 does have fauxG though, which is apparently a major battery hog.

10-19-11 08:51 PM
    If I leave both devices on my desk and let emails, texts, phone calls, etc., just come through without touching either device, I find the 9900 to lose battery life at a much higher rate. This may be because the 9900 does have fauxG though, which is apparently a major battery hog.

So does the iPhone 4S.

14Mbps HSPA+ is fauxG (the iPhone 4S max download speed).
    10-19-11 09:30 PM

Unless you're stuck in a meeting for 8 hours playing Angry Birds under the table, you should have no problem with battery life no matter what phone you're using.
    The Gift likes this.
    10-19-11 09:37 PM
137 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD