iPhone 4 is much more better than Blackberry handsets. Because the applications i iPhone 4 can run a fast so due to this the operator can enjoy it while operating these applications.
    10-18-11 02:03 PM
    So if I travel and am not always near a power source, do I carry 3 additional batteries or 3 iPhone4S's? Not being able to swap batteries is my biggest gripe with the iP's.
    Where do you travel for days on end that you aren't need a power source? They also make those extended charge batteries for the iphone if need be.

But unless you are going on a forrest gump style run I don't think you'd need it.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    10-18-11 02:06 PM
    So if I travel and am not always near a power source, do I carry 3 additional batteries or 3 iPhone4S's? Not being able to swap batteries is my biggest gripe with the iP's.
    Even on my layovers when I used to fly a lot, I was rarely without a power source for more than a few hours at a time. Now a days, Northwest/United has in flight USB ports built into many of their seats so you can charge your device at your seat for free.

Plus there are all sorts of travel chargers you can bring with you on flights. My uncle travels a lot for business and brings along one of those Duracell battery packs that can charge his iPhone in flight. Problem solved.

But unless you are going on a forrest gump style run I don't think you'd need it.
    I snotted lemonade all over my keyboard when I read this.
    10-18-11 02:41 PM
    Where do you travel for days on end that you aren't need a power source? They also make those extended charge batteries for the iphone if need be.

It doesn't matter where you go as long as you don't have time to stop by a plug for an hour or more.
    10-18-11 02:41 PM
    Even on my layovers when I used to fly a lot, I was rarely without a power source for more than a few hours at a time. Now a days, Northwest/United has in flight USB ports built into many of their seats so you can charge your device at your seat for free.

Plus there are all sorts of travel chargers you can bring with you on flights. My uncle travels a lot for business and brings along one of those Duracell battery packs that can charge his iPhone in flight. Problem solved.

Have you ever landed in a strange country in the middle of the night after a 6 hour delay at an airport to find that your plug doesn't fit the outlet in the hotel room and the only person who speaks English won't be in for 2 days?

Place one small extra BB battery in your wallet...problem solved without a hernia.
    10-18-11 02:46 PM
    It doesn't matter where you go as long as you don't have time to stop by a plug for an hour or more.
    For people who aren't going to be anywhere near a power source for upwards of 18+ hours and don't want to use an extended battery pack for whatever reason, then the iPhone obviously isn't for them. What else is there to say? It just so happens that this scenario isn't very likely.
    10-18-11 02:46 PM
    Have you ever landed in a strange country in the middle of the night after a 6 hour delay at an airport to find that your plug doesn't fit the outlet in the hotel room and the only person who speaks English won't be in for 2 days?

Place one small extra BB battery in your wallet...problem solved without a hernia.
    An extra battery vs. a small charger. Isn't it basically the same thing?
    10-18-11 02:48 PM

As likely as me being transported by Aliens to a far away planet and looking for an outlet .........
    10-18-11 02:51 PM
    Does your charger fit in your wallet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 03:01 PM
    Does your charger fit in your wallet?

LOL, really man? Nah, it doesn't. But my wallet fits in my pocket and the charger can go in my pocket right next to it.
    10-18-11 03:08 PM
    I hope this can stop you folk,

iPhone 4S battery complaints flood in - Yahoo!

New iPhone 4S owners are starting to fill forums and Twitter feeds with complaints about their handsets' battery life. Although some are suggesting that iOS 5 has also had a negative effect on power usage on other iDevices, it is the new Apple phone that is attracting the most frustration.

Apple's own forums are seeing the most amount of messages from concerned customers, with one user, Scarface, posting, "My iPhone 4S battery seems terrible! Almost equivalent to my 3GS and its terrible battery life.

Richardfrombromley states that the battery drain is much worse than on his original handset: "Have been using iPhone 4 and the battery has been OK," he says. "But since getting the 4S I am experiencing terrible battery drain in comparison.

The articale goes on.
    10-18-11 03:17 PM
    ^^ My iPhone 4 has had better battery life since upgrading to iOS 5.
    10-18-11 03:22 PM
    Yeah, you're always the exception

10-18-11 03:26 PM
    I think that's great, I'm sure not all have the problem whatever is causeing it. I think it's sad that these things have to happen, there seem to be so many disappointed folk with whatever OS or make of phone, maybe we expect to much of the technology.
    10-18-11 03:31 PM
    Yeah, you're always the exception

Exception? I have been beta testing iOS 5 since June. The earliest betas were not too good with battery life, but official is. Ever since beta 6 battery life has been great for me. Better than or at least equal to iOS 4.

My father has an iPhone 4 as well. Ever since installing it he said his has lasted at least 2 hours longer on a charge. Do I need to tell you about the other people I know who have REAL LIFE experiences with it?

I am sorry that I own the device and know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by avt123; 10-18-11 at 03:39 PM.
    10-18-11 03:34 PM
    I think that's great, I'm sure not all have the problem whatever is causeing it. I think it's sad that these things have to happen, there seem to be so many disappointed folk with whatever OS or make of phone, maybe we expect to much of the technology.
    We do expect to much. It's human nature to always want more.

Greed can work for the good, and for the bad.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    10-18-11 03:36 PM

Never been out of the country. I don't even own a passport. Aside from which, my S2 is a world phone and the iPhone4s is also. I don't know about the iPhone4s yet as mine hasn't arrived, but my S2 came with different adapter plugs for different countries. I'm probably one of the few women who don't carry purses so I'd either put it in my pocket or my luggage.
    10-18-11 03:37 PM
    Exception? I have been beta testing iOS 5 since June. The earliest betas were not too good with battery life, but official is. Ever since beta 6 battery life has been great for me. Better than or at least equal to iOS 4.

My father has an iPhone 4 as well. Ever since installing it he said his has lasted at least 2 hours longer on a charge. Do I need to tell you about the other people I know who have REAL LIFE experiences with it?

I am sorry that I own the device and know what I am talking about.
    Well then, the rest of the world must be doing something wrong

10-18-11 03:50 PM
    Well then, the rest of the world must be doing something wrong

The rest of the world seems to be complaining about 4S battery life the most.

I know over 15+ people with an iPhone 4 and have iOS 5. None of them have said their battery is worse. My friend that I grew up with bought the 4S on launch day and said his battery life is better than on the 4 due to his cell service being much better.

I'm sure people are having bad experiences. The people who complain are not the majority.

When the 9700 came out everyone was amazed by the battery life, meanwhile when I said I was getting only 8-10 hours tops, no one believed me, on this forum. Then after meeting people IRL with the 9700 who basically have the same type of usage as me, they experienced the same thing.
    10-18-11 03:56 PM

Let's be realistic here. You guys who buy multiple batteries for your BlackBerry's are the minority.

The average consumer doesn't buy/need extra batteries. I think the last time I ever bought a spare battery for a mobile, was when my sister handed down to me her old Motorola M301, that was the early to mid 90s, those were the days when you probably needed spare batteries.

I consider myself a fairly heavy user, I don't receive/send ample amounts of email or text, but I do surf the web and play a **** of a lot of games and youtube content, and I reckon my iPhone 4 does really well through the day, a great deal better than my Storm 2 ever did and all I ever did on that phone was bbm and occasional slow internet surfing.

The thing is, people just need to plan better and play smarter. I work in an office so I when I see I'm running low, I'll pop in the USB dock charger. I drive, so if I'm caught out somewhere, I top up my charge on my journey, and I when I go to bed at night, I do what I assume most people do and charge my phone over night...simple routines.

I understand everyones daily lives are different, but I still reckon most people especially in big cities are never too far away from some sort of power source to plug a charger in. e.g t
    Train, Airport, even some phoneshops like Vodafone have charging points
    Last edited by The Gift; 10-18-11 at 04:21 PM.
    10-18-11 04:17 PM
    It does have incredible speakers and very solid battery life. I won't even get into Siri (its awesome) or how fast it is. One thing I will say is the camera is the best camera I've ever seen on a mobile phone. Took some nice shots of my 9930 with it, here's one below:

10-18-11 04:18 PM
    I think I could answer this pretty well since I got my iPhone 4S.

When talking about the speakers he is correct. The iPhone really stepped up in speakers and sounds a lot better than any BlackBerry that I've ever heard. (never heard a 9000 like some of you mentioned)

The battery life is very good also. I wouldn't say better than any BlackBerry, but it's above Android easily.

Another thing that the OP should mention is the camera. Apple really spent time with the camera on this release and it shows. Pictures from the 8 megapixel camera are clear and crisp even when you expand them to view on a normal sized monitor. I could honestly say that my iPhone could replace my actual camera.

By no means am I bashing RIM or any BlackBerry, but there are some things that they should work on in the hardware for upcoming BBX phones.

The rest of the world seems to be complaining about 4S battery life the most.

I know over 15+ people with an iPhone 4 and have iOS 5. None of them have said their battery is worse. My friend that I grew up with bought the 4S on launch day and said his battery life is better than on the 4 due to his cell service being much better.

I'm sure people are having bad experiences. The people who complain are not the majority.

When the 9700 came out everyone was amazed by the battery life, meanwhile when I said I was getting only 8-10 hours tops, no one believed me, on this forum. Then after meeting people IRL with the 9700 who basically have the same type of usage as me, they experienced the same thing.
    The complaints are that the battery on the iPhone 4 lasted slightly longer than the iPhone 4S. Of course it's not a happy thing, but it can be expected when a dual core processor is added along with HSPA+ "4G" (if you're on AT&T). If you compare the 9700 to the 9900 you'll see the same result.
    Last edited by tmelon; 10-18-11 at 04:30 PM.
    avt123 and moiselles like this.
    10-18-11 04:22 PM
    I said in another thread, that Apple has started to comete with functionality, and not just the fun aspect of making phones.
    10-18-11 05:27 PM
    And if your charger won't fit the outlet in a foreign country and the only person who speaks English who can take you buy an outlet adapter won't be in for 2 days, what do you do?

By the way, I am speaking from personal experience.
    10-18-11 06:01 PM
    And if your charger won't fit the outlet in a foreign country and the only person who speaks English who can take you buy an outlet adapter won't be in for 2 days, what do you do?

By the way, I am speaking from personal experience.
    I would make sure I left the US with the correct adapter.
    GingerSnapsBack and The Gift like this.
    10-18-11 07:58 PM
137 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD