A useless thread about the iPhone battery, how can a person say something about the iPhone battery and so many people respond
    10-17-11 11:21 PM
    Apple and Samsung always used superior sound hardware than rim. Lol never was a blackberry better than an iPhone or galaxy s for sound.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 12:13 AM
    Apple and Samsung always used superior sound hardware than rim. Lol never was a blackberry better than an iPhone or galaxy s for sound.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    No, the speaker was stronger on a Blackberry, it was one of RIM's priorities, so that users don't have to use dedicated conference phones. For personal use, this meant freedom from headsets in private settings, and fit nicely with great battery life, another feature that promotes mobility.
    10-18-11 12:26 AM
    Since the OP did say that the ip4s battery and speakers are better than any Blackberry, that includes all of them in my book.

Well then, that being the case, I might have to go have a listen to one of them. I mean, the bar is quite high with such a bold statement. I am almost anxious to hear a smartphone that has better speakers than my 9000. Almost but not quite because I can't help but feel I am being set up for disappointment.

Does the ip4s really have speakers or just a speaker? I honestly don't know.
    10-18-11 01:33 AM
    Two speakers on either side of the 30 pin connector on the bottom.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.805509,-116.545082
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 01:38 AM
    No, the speakers are just louder and clearer. I'm not talking about subtleties or audiophile BS.

To me I think you are saying the speakers are loud and don't distort...well that maybe but I can't discuss the quality with you because you said you didn't care. Now I can't trust your opinion about this. For all I know the sound is just "brighter" which won't reproduce the lows/bass

Anybody care to elaborate on the actual sound quality.
    10-18-11 07:01 AM
    First, the battery on my 9810 is not bad at all, and I can pop a fully charged one in at any time which you can't on an iPhone.

Second, speakers on a smartphone are far down on selling points for me. Again, my 9810 sounds just fine.
    10-18-11 07:07 AM
    Pearl and Pearl 3G have amazing speakers, the original Pearl has 2 speakers, I'm not sure about the Pearl 3G as you can't see them but it a lot louder and more clear for music then my 9900. The 9900 seems to be very loud for voice.

The Pearl 3G also has music buttons at the top of the phone. It's an amazing little phone.

PS, battery is better then any other recent Blackberry, my wife goes for 2-3 days on one charge, sometimes longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 10-18-11 at 08:25 AM.
    10-18-11 07:39 AM
    What happens if your iPhone gets submerged under water? Since you can't pull the battery, does it slowly fry itself to death?
    10-18-11 08:35 AM
    Not sure if I got a "dud" to play around with or what, but the iPhone 4s that I have used since last Friday is anything but efficient on battery life. Now, to be fair, the battery charges fast, but it drains so fast that I felt I was on a release day Thunderbolt.
    10-18-11 10:05 AM
    Mine is fine.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.805521,-116.545096
    Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-18-11 10:17 AM
    Pearl and Pearl 3G have amazing speakers, the original Pearl has 2 speakers, I'm not sure about the Pearl 3G as you can't see them but it a lot louder and more clear for music then my 9900. The 9900 seems to be very loud for voice.

The Pearl 3G also has music buttons at the top of the phone. It's an amazing little phone.

PS, battery is better then any other recent Blackberry, my wife goes for 2-3 days on one charge, sometimes longer.

My Pearl Flip 8230 had good speakers, sounded great when talking on speaker phone, my Curve 9300 has mediocre speakers compared to that. With other BB's and Androids that I've owned/own, none of them had such a great speaker when talking on speaker phone, some of them sounded muffled so the 8230 was the best one. The HTC Desire that I have has a speaker that is far too sharp when playing music.
    10-18-11 10:18 AM
    I am not finding the battery life to be that bad on my 4s, not as good as the 9700 running OS5 but about as good as the 9700 running OS6.

One thing that has surprised me is the call quality of the 4s. Much better than my 9700.
    10-18-11 10:49 AM
    I am not finding the battery life to be that bad on my 4s, not as good as the 9700 running OS5 but about as good as the 9700 running OS6.

One thing that has surprised me is the call quality of the 4s. Much better than my 9700.
    I can say the same about my 9900 vs 9700

10-18-11 10:52 AM
    I can say the same about my 9900 vs 9700

Probably, but iPhones are not known for good call quality. One reason I avoided them for so long (keyboard was the other).
    10-18-11 10:56 AM
    Probably, but iPhones are not known for good call quality. One reason I avoided them for so long (keyboard was the other).
    I've never had a problem hearing someone on the other end of a call who has an iPhone and they've never had a problem understanding me. I know all of four, maybe five people with a BB. The rest are iPhones and I've never had problems and neither have they.
    10-18-11 10:58 AM
    Out of curiosity, were you using the audio enhancement settings on your 9700? I always have mine set to bass boost and it makes a huge difference.

10-18-11 11:01 AM
    The battery life on the 4s is far better than on the 9930. The speaker is louder and clearer.

These are two areas I didn't think anyone but RIM took seriously, and they justified other shortcomings. That is not the case anymore.

So if I travel and am not always near a power source, do I carry 3 additional batteries or 3 iPhone4S's? Not being able to swap batteries is my biggest gripe with the iP's.
    ekv likes this.
    10-18-11 11:02 AM
    Well can't talk too much about the 9900 but my wife uses it and i use the 9360. A work colleague of mine got the Iphone 4s last friday and came in today moaning that the battery is crap. We went out for lunch at 1pm UK time today and when we got back his battery was already down to 92% from 100% (Note that this is from when he took it off charger at 1pm and back at 2pm). I can truthfully say he didn't even use it at all within that hour. On the otherhand my battery at the time was down to 88% and that was from 100% since I left home at 8:20am this morning. Just about to leave work now... it's 5pm here and my battery right now is at 78%. That's just 22% lost in 8 hours 40mins.

Before ya'll contest this.. yes my FB chat is always on, i've had at least 10 BBM messages, 1 phone call and like 4 emails. I have also been twitter messaging back and forth via DM and thats about 10 DM's in all... plus checking my Social Feeds... and my FB and twitter are set to refresh every 30 mins while RSS feeds is every 3 hours.

Ain't no doubt about it... the BB batteries always wins.

#swag

UPDATE: 8:48pm UK time now. Went for a meal on Oxford street.. switched to 3G.. surfed for about 10mins. Back and forth on BBM Group chat with the boys for long enough for my lady to moan and make me get off the phone. Switched back to 2G.. Social feeds, FB and twitter still refreshing as mentioned above. Scoremobile alerts coming in since there are champion league games on right now... btw, screw Man United! Arsenal 4 life.

Oh yeah... forgot to mention that Weather Plus app refreshes every hour and i use CrunchSMS not the stock SMS app.

Battery at 49% after 12 hours 28 mins.

Also.. just remembered my mate said he cant even find settings to switch to 2G that it's stuck on 3G... he could be wrong but if he is right then lord have mercy.. ain't that a beeeeeeiiiiitch tho. Talk about dumb power management lol

The blacker the berry the sweeter.. (ya'll know the rest).

UPDATE 2: 11:26pm now and after browsing the web for about 10mins, receiving all the notification emails from this thread, ...whoooa.. just got one as im typing this lol. loads of group messaging, 2 phone calls (combined about 5 mins), downloading the new eBay app from BB Beta that just came available and of course a few more scoremobile alerts and all the refreshing of FB, twitter, weatherplus still on im now down to 23%. The main drop was during the download of the ebay app over 2G (3g is crap in my flat)was from like 37% to 28% or so at 10pm.

All I can say is the BB people know how to do power management.

All this while just go to the iphone forums and see the endless posts of people getting 6 - 8 hour batteries and turning off push, location services, timezone updating, notifications (remember this is the same notification update they all made sound like Jesus developed himself)... it's laughable. To the point it's even in the news online.

For a 1000mah battery after all this to still be at 23% after 15+ hours (8:20am - 11:36pm).. can any Iphone 4s owner really contest??? I think not.

That's all folks. Good job Blackberry.. u ain't ever lied mayn.

#winning
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 10-18-11 at 05:41 PM.
    beamolite and ekv like this.
    10-18-11 11:04 AM
    Out of curiosity, were you using the audio enhancement settings on your 9700? I always have mine set to bass boost and it makes a huge difference.

I just had the default out of the box settings.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 10-18-11 at 12:50 PM.
    10-18-11 11:42 AM
    I jsut had the default out of the box settings.
    These settings make a huge difference. You missed out.
    10-18-11 11:46 AM
    when i see this thread i was quite amazed by the claim. so i when on to search about the battery life. came out people were saying it performed worst than iphone 4.
    10-18-11 11:58 AM
    The iphone has better hardware period... look at this camera review
    iPhone 4S video compared side-by-side with Canon 5D Mark II [video]

That's pretty impressive for a camera phone.
    10-18-11 12:33 PM
    All that should matter is that your phone can get by on a single charge from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep. Both BlackBerrys and iPhones can do that.

Also, I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I think iOS 5 isn't reporting battery life properly. Once the phone gets down to 1% it actually stay on for an abnormally long time. Almost as if it still has 10% battery left. It took me forever to purposely kill my battery at 1% after iOS 5, as opposed to before where a minute on 1% would shut the phone down immediately.
    Last edited by HeezyBear; 10-18-11 at 12:49 PM.
    10-18-11 12:46 PM
    Speakers, i'd rather plug my 9810 to my bose sound system.
    Battery, i can go trought a 15 hrs day with 1hr of call, 500+ BBM, 100E-mails, 30 mins app world navigation and app download, 20 minutes youtube video playback at H+. My best friend wich owns a iphone 4s needs to charge 3 times to get the 15 hours with the same cell provider and less data usage than me.
    Last time i did a battery pull was when i upgraded the OS before that let me remember.. Oh never
    10-18-11 12:47 PM
137 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD