Yeah, kudos to Apple for getting more people to spend money. I happen to feel that
    I don't need to buy every single thing that is sold, but hey, that's just me.
    06-28-10 07:45 PM
    Yeah, kudos to Apple for getting more people to spend money.
    All that matters to them or any business.
    06-28-10 07:52 PM
    With my luck I'll take pictures of my ear canal, wax, hair, and all!
    EEK indeed at all the stuff I'd be taking accidental pictures of!!
    06-28-10 07:57 PM
    I prefer BB don't want the iphone EVER and it would be nice if people could
    06-28-10 08:17 PM
    You will lose your bottom dollar.
    BB/RIM will add one. RIM is always playing catching and i'm betting that the new Storm will have a front camera. The funny thing is BB users poke fun at the new Iphone4 features yet when RIM copies those features they think its the best thing on earth. Business' video conference all the time, so if it was the other way around and RIM added the front camera before the iphone everyone would be saying how cool it is. its just bs' its funny how people are so defensive and protective of a company that clearly is slacking and behind. RIM is positioning themselves to be the low-mid end phone brand with all these 50$ phones they're making for the consumer market. seems like that have zero drive to do anything new.

rim is just tweaking they same phone removing features and releasing it as a lower model then the following year adding wifi or 3g to it and just to get themselves through another cycle.
    06-28-10 11:47 PM
    Does anyone remember the original question?

If not, I'll restate it. Please stick to the OP's
    question. I know it may be hard, but possible.

do u think rim will come out with a bb that has a front facing camera too
    06-29-10 12:54 AM
    In answer to the OP's question, absolutely. The question is not if but when. Just like apple has the ipad and now there is a rumored "BB tablet". Like others have said, I would not be surprised if RIM finds a way to connect it to BBM such as video conferencing with your BBM buddies etc.
    06-29-10 01:11 AM
    I agree that it is a matter of time and personally I think it is very short-sighted not
    to see the potential usefulness of such a feature. There are so many really good
    potential uses for this function. RIM would be foolish not to adopt and incorporate
    a front facing camera into some future (and it needs to be soon) device.
    06-29-10 01:23 AM
    Video calling/chatting regardless of how one feels about it is another method of communications, just like IM/emails/texts/calls. Iirc BB are supposed to be the "superior connectivity device" (which means by all avenues of communications) so I find it to be particularly hilarious for them not to have been the first out the gate with it to make it more mainstream.

This is something RIM will 100% have to do. The big issues like price won't play a factor like it has in Europe (vc prices were astronomical) since data plans cover that...

As devices like the the EVO and iPhone 4 continue to make headway, more devices will come out sporting the same capabilities.

Personally I never cared much about video chat, but after my first video chat with a friend using Fring when I was in the mall I knew then this was the next step and it just became real (to me Atleast lol)
    06-29-10 02:12 AM
    Video calling/chatting regardless of how one feels about it is another method of communications, just like IM/emails/texts/calls. Iirc BB are supposed to be the "superior connectivity device" (which means by all avenues of communications) so I find it to be particularly hilarious for them not to have been the first out the gate with it to make it more mainstream.

This is something RIM will 100% have to do. The big issues like price won't play a factor like it has in Europe (vc prices were astronomical) since data plans cover that...
    On the other hand, BlackBerrys are known to be data efficient devices. If anything, they'll probably be the last to put video chatting on their phones. Heck, RIM's the most likely to be producing smartphones without cameras in the first place.
    06-29-10 04:47 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD